Can't Fight the Moonlight

One

"Where the fuck are we?"

The car eased to a stop on the side of the road. It was after one in the morning and Willow had no idea where they were. An impromptu road trip across the country had seemed like a great idea two weeks ago and it had been fun but now, on this foray into Canada, as her car let out a horrible noise and cut off, she wasn't so sure. She glanced over at her best friend Brynne.

"I don't know. What was the last road sign we saw?"

"There was one a few miles back that said Thunder Bay in 15 miles," Brynne offered. Willow nodded, trying to place why the name of the nearest town sounded familiar. Suddenly, she clapped and squealed. She grabbed her purse from the back seat and rummaged through until she found her cell phone. She ran a thumb across the screen through her contacts, choose one and pressed a button to make the call.

"Hello?" A sleepy voice answered.

"Tito?"

"Willow?" He sat up in bed. "What the hell? It's the middle of the night!"

"I know, I'm sorry but I'm broke down on the side of the road."

"Why don't you call triple a? Not much I can do from Thunder Bay when you're in Charlotte."

"See, that's the thing. I don't think my triple a is any good in Canada and the sign we just passed says I'm 15 miles from you so do you think you could do a girl a favor and rescue us?"

"Where are you?"

"On the side of the road," Willow answered matter of factly.

"Well no shit. Where on the side of the road?"

"I'm really not sure. We were just sort of driving."

"We?"

"Me and Brynne. You met her once."

"I'm getting dressed and heading out. I'll find you eventually."

"Thank you, Jared."

"You owe me."

An hour later, headlights illuminated the inside of Willow's car as a pickup truck came to a stop behind them. A tall figure climbed out and approached. Willow rolled down her window and called out, "Hey Tito!" He leaned down to the window and peered at the two women. "Oh, you're not Tito,” she said as she appraised the man before her. Jared was all red hair and broad shoulders but this one was blonde and blue eyed and just as tall. And then he smiled. The dimpled smile was nearly just like Jared’s but somehow filled with promises that he could make your world flip on its axis if you gave him one night and it very nearly made Willow swoon. She was certain that Brynne did swoon from the passenger seat as she reached out and gripped Willow’s hand.

He chuckled. "Later I'm going to need to hear why you call my brother Tito but for now, can I offer you ladies a ride? I'm Jordan by the way."

"Thank you," Willow said as Jordan stepped back and she got out of the car. "I'm Willow and this is my best friend Brynne."

"Nice to meet you both." Willow opened her trunk and Jordan grabbed the two largest bags he saw. Willow and Brynne grabbed the other bags and he put everything into the bed of his truck. The girls climbed inside the truck, sitting beside each other on the front bench seat, Willow in the middle.

Jordan grinned as he climbed behind the wheel. If nothing else, at least his brother had cute friends. Willow was tall, at least 5'10" with straight, icy blonde hair that fell past her shoulders in waves. Brynne was shorter by a few inches and her short pixie cut was colored purple. Even in the dim light of the interior of his truck there was no mistaking that.

Jordan pulled his cell phone from his back pocket and dialed Jared. "I found your friends, Tito," he said jokingly when he answered. Willow punched him in the shoulder. "Ow!" He yelped. "Your girlfriend is beating me up," he complained into the phone. Willow could hear Jared's response.

"She's not my girlfriend and you deserved it."

Willow laughed. "Don't call him Tito. Only I can do that."

"We'll see you back at my place," Jordan said into the phone before disconnecting. He tossed the phone onto his dash and looked at Willow. "How do you know Jared?" He asked as he pulled back out onto the road.

"Friend of a friend in Charlotte," Willow supplied.

"Wouldn't happen to be a girl named Zoe, would it?"

"My sister Snow is one of her best friends. I met Jared at a party two years ago she hosted. Do you know Zoe?"

Jordan nodded. "Her fiance Max and I used to be teammates. Now, why Tito?

Willow laughed at the memory of the night she had bestowed the nickname on Jared. "Because Tito is the less talented of the Jackson brothers and its really fun to tease your brother."

Jordan laughed. "You told him that, to his face?"

"Tito is one of the nicer things she says to your brother," Brynne piped up. "She'll say anything she thinks will get a rise out of him."

"He always starts it," Willow said in her defense.

"Of course he does; he has three older brothers," Jordan replied.

"He didn't mention though that you're hot. Are you all good looking? Because I've met two of you now and it's kind of ridiculous."

"I'm the best looking of the bunch."

"You think so?"

"I know so."

Willow grinned. "You are definitely the cocky one. Jared wasn't kidding about that."

~*~*~


"Tito!" Willow squealed as she hopped out of Jordan's truck. She ran across the yard to where Jared stood by the front door. She leaped at him and he caught her with one arm as she hugged him. "Hi!"

"Hi yourself," Jared laughed. "What the hell are you two doing in Canada?" He set Willow on the ground in front of him and they walked back to Jordan's truck to collect their bags.

"Brynne and I decided a summer road trip was in order. We were bored in Charlotte."

"Obviously. I left."

"Yeah, because the party is wherever you are," Willow said with a roll of her eyes.

"Don't forget who rescued you tonight," Jared warned.

"Oh, I won't. I really owe your brother now. Why didn't you tell me he was so hot, and blonde?" Willow winked at Jordan as they entered his house. He grinned and dropped the bags on the floor before pulling Willow from Jared's side and into his arms.

"Thank god she has good taste in Staal's," Jordan said with a broad grin. Jared frowned.

"I haven't met the rest of you. Might like someone else better," Willow teased. Both brothers frowned at that as Willow giggled at them.