Can't Fight the Moonlight

Six

Willow woke the next morning with everything from the night before swimming in her head. She rolled over, burying her head in the pillows and trying to fall back asleep. When that failed, she climbed out of bed and dressed in yoga pants and a long sleeve t shirt.

Padding quietly through the condo so she would not wake Brynne, and presumably Jordan, Willow grabbed her wallet and keys from where she left them the night before on the kitchen counter.

"Hey," Marc's voice came softly from the couch in the living room. Willow stopped and turned to face him.

"Fucking hell," she muttered as Marc stood. Marc tilted his head to one side and gave her a quizzical look and Willow sighed. "How do you look so edible this early in the morning?"

Marc grinned lazily. "Why don't you come over here and have a taste," he suggested. Willow's tongue darted out, wetting her bottom lip but she stayed glued to her spot. Marc crossed to her, wrapping an arm around her and dipped her back dramatically before stealing her lips with his kiss. He pulled her upright in his arms, never breaking their kiss, his tongue dancing with hers. She whimpered softly when he finally broke their contact.

"Breakfast?" Marc asked.

Regaining her composure, Willow swallowed. "I was going to pick up some bagels,” she finally answered. Marc nodded.

"Let me throw some clothes on and I'll go with you." Willow nodded silently and Marc swiped a quick kiss across her lips.

"Shit!" Willow muttered to herself as Marc disappeared into the bathroom. "ShitGodDamnFuck," she cursed. She paced idly until Marc reappeared. He took her hand in his and smiled at her. They all had nearly the same smile; it obviously ran in the family. “Fucking Staals and their blessed good genetics,” Willow thought to herself.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yeah, let's go," Willow replied.

When they returned to the condo forty five minutes later, Jordan and Brynne were up, sipping coffee in the kitchen. "There you are!" Brynne exclaimed. Marc ushered Willow into the apartment first and kept his hand at the small of her back as he followed her to the kitchen.

"I got bagels," Willow said, holding up the box.

"I didn't see you leave last night," Brynne commented. "You didn't walk alone did you?"

Willow slid into one of the bar stools at their little kitchen island. "I told you I would never do that again, didn't I?" Willow sighed as Brynne waited on an answer. "Jared walked me home."

"Good Tito. I can always count on him."

"Shut up Brynne," Willow warned.

"I'm just saying..." Willow rolled her eyes at her friend and Jordan pulled her into him and kissed her quiet.

"It's not your place," he whispered softly to her. "It is what it is, ok? She'll figure it out." Brynne frowned but nodded her head in agreement.

"What's the plan for today?" Jordan asked brightly. "You two are the experts and we are at your mercy."

"I'd really like to be at your mercy," Marc said lowly in Willow's ear. She blushed and began to pick at her bagel.

"How about we take the big dumb hockey players for a day of culture?" Brynne asked. She turned to Willow. "Mint museum or New South?"

"New South," Willow replied. "Jordan might as well learn a little bit more about the area he's been traded too and Marc can get really jealous and start demanding his own trade here."

Marc frowned and Jordan laughed. "I already know one thing about the south; the girls are fucking phenomenal."

"Didn't you know? The way we kiss keeps our boyfriends warm at night," Willow drawled, quoting from a Beach Boys song.

"Yeah you do!" Jordan agreed enthusiastically, grabbing Brynne around the middle and pulling her against him before capturing her lips with his own. She melted against him.

Marc placed his hand on the inside of Willow's thigh and began to trace small circles there, a devilish grin on his face. She wobbled on her barstool and Marc reached an arm around her to steady her, pushing her hair off her neck and placing a soft kiss there. She swatted him away as Jordan and Brynne broke apart.

"Can you be ready in an hour?" Willow asked, hopping down from her bar stool.

"Give me an hour and a half," Jordan replied, throwing Brynne over his shoulder and carrying her off to her bedroom. Marc grinned as the door slammed to Brynne's room. He turned his smile to Willow, who backed away from Marc nervously.

"You do things to me that should not be okay," Willow whispered. Marc advanced on her slowly. "I don't even know you," she continued, her voice barely above a whisper. Her butt hit the wall behind her and Marc smiled, licking his lips slowly.

"You could get to know me," Marc said when he reached her. He reached out and his hand skimmed her waist. "I want to get to know all of you." He dragged her body against his slowly. He dipped his head and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. Willow wrapped her arms around his neck and drew him closer, their kiss turning needy and hungry. "We should just quit playing games, Willow."

"Marc Staal, you are so bad for me."

"I could be so good if you let me."

"So tempting."

"Just give in to it, Willow. I want you, you want me. Just feel, don't think."

Willow pulled away from him abruptly. "I can't, Marc. I'm sorry." She turned and dashed for her room, closing the door and clicking the lock in place. She leaned back into the door, sighing heavily. She took five minutes to regain her composure and then jumped in her shower.

After dressing, Willow grabbed her iPhone from her nightstand and typed out a quick message to Jared.

I know you’re leaving for Norfolk soon this but I just wanted to say thank you for walking me home last night. Dinner tomorrow? My treat.