Sequel: Stained
Status: Stay tuned for book 2: Stained

Two Worlds Combined

Chapter 1: Graduation

“Can you believe we are finally graduating Mya?” Tori squealed. The wind blew the string from her graduation cap in her face, she moved it back to where it should be.
“I can believe it, I’m just surprised to see you graduate Tori,” I said jokingly with a grin.
“Whatever, we worked our tails off to get this far, or at least I did,” Tori smiled nudging me with her shoulder.
“ Whatever Tori,” I smiled nudging her back playfully. Today was a beautiful day out, the sky was clear and the sun was shining bright. The graduation ceremony was to be held at Jefferson High School behind the school. Tori and I walked out with the rest of out graduating class who were all talking and bursting with excitement. There were rows of chairs lining on either side of us as we walked down the isle between all the smiling parents. My mom and dad were in the second row from the front standing beside Tori’s parents and her two older brothers. Tori and I basically grew up together so our parents are really good friends. I’m an only child so I see Tori as my sister, she’s been my best friend since I was like 5. Our school colors are black and white so everyone was dressed in white and black graduation caps and gowns. We all took out seats by the stage in front of all the wide eyed cheerful parents and family that sat down right after we did. The wind was slightly blowing today, just enough to keep us cool form the hot sun that was above us.
Tori had her long brown hair in tight curls today, she looked really pretty. Today I had my hair straightened and my bangs twisted to the side out of my face. A long time ago Tori and I made an agreement to never cut our hair, but the first person that does owes the other 50 bucks. So now my hair and Tori’s is to the middle of our backs, and I’m not cutting my hair anytime soon because I’m not losing this bet.
“How long do you think this will take?” Tori asked me as we waved at Kaylee who was at the other end of our row. She was both our good friend, we have known her since first grade, she is sweet and has a bit of a wild side to her, like me of course.
“Good grief Tori, it just started, do you have a date or something?” I asked her confused. Tori couldn’t sit still for five minutes to save her life.
“I wish, but no I just have a feeling this is going to take a while.”
“Ya think,” I said looking at her with one eye brow raised.

At one o’clock the ceremony began, and like Tori said it did take what seemed like a million years to get to Tori’s and my name.
“Mya Setorie,” said principal Nikson into the microphone. My family and Tori’s cheered me on as I shook Nikson’s hand and accepted my diploma.
“Go Mya!” yelled Tori standing up and clapping for me, I wonder how long she has been wanting to have an excuse to get up and move. I joined the rest of the other graduates on the other side of the stage. Tori was the last name to be called, she stood waiting to be called as her hair lightly blew with the wind.
“Last but certainly not least we have Victoria Watson, also know as Tori Watson,” Principle Nikson said into the microphone.
“Woo hoo go Tori!” I yelled as she got her diploma. She then joined the rest of us as our family’s cheered. It seemed like our families were the loudest of everybody there.
“Let’s hear it for our graduates of 2012!” Nikson yelled. All the parents stood up and cheered, as all of us graduates yelled “2012” and threw our graduation caps up into the air. Kaylee ran over to Tori and me and gave us both a hug at the same time like she always does. For the next thirty minutes pictures were took, hugs were given, and congrats were said. The rest of the day was very cheerful and bright but I was so glad to be home that night. Tori was spending the night tonight so we could have our own celebration at my house. We ended up falling asleep before we could even celebrate, we was both worn out from today.