Sequel: Stained
Status: Stay tuned for book 2: Stained

Two Worlds Combined

Chapter 10: Jake

I went into the house to try to find the bathroom, I needed to clean up my arm.
“What happened?’ Kaylee asked me when she noticed the blood on my arm.
“Just fell on a sharp stick,” I replied. It was no big deal because it didn’t even hurt.
“Go through the living room and the bathroom is down the hall.” Kaylee said before walking away, she must have had something better to do.
“Thanks.” I walked into the living room and Jake stopped in front of me.
“Where are you going?” asked Jake with his fangs out and eyes golden yellow.
“Bathroom,” I replied trying to hid my arm.
“You smell really good,” said Jake grabbing my arm and smelling my blood.
“Let go,” I said trying to pull away. Jake grabbed my face with his hands and looked me in the eye, I think he was going to try to glamour me.
“Just stay quiet and don’t make a sound,” Jake said, it wasn’t working because my contacts were preventing him from my actual eyes.
“Help me!” I yelled, he then quickly sped behind me and bit me on the neck. I screamed out in pain as his gangs pierced my skin. I could feel blood dripping down my neck as he drank from me, Kaylee was right this was very, very painful. James must have heard me yell because he sped into the living room and pulled Jake away from me. James caught me before I hit the ground, I felt really weak.
“Damn it Jake, keep your fangs to yourself, first Kaylee now Mya!” James carried me to the couch and gently laid me down. I didn’t have the strength to keep James form biting his arm and feeding me his blood. It didn’t taste as bad as I thought so I drank some of his blood without much of a fight. I knew it was going to take the pain away and heal me, he pulled his arm away and softly said, “You’ll feel better soon.” I nodded my head then let my body take me into a light sleep, but I was awake enough to hear James yelling and Kaylee screaming at Jake.
“What the hell is wrong with you!” I heard Kaylee yell.
“You could have killed her if I didn’t pull you back,” James added.
‘I don’t know what happened, she just smelled so good, I lost control, I’m sorry.” Jake explained, I could tell by Jake’s voice that he really was sorry for what he done.
When I finally had my strength back, I woke up feeling like my normal self with no pain at all. The cut on my arm was gone and there was no holes in my neck from the bite. Kaylee must have wiped off the blood from my neck and arm because it was gone.
“Hey, you’re awake,” said Kaylee as I sat up and she sat beside me.
“Yeah, I’m not a vampire am I?” I asked scared.
“No, you’re still 100% human, how do you feel?”
“Great actually.” I didn’t feel weak like I did before and I felt really healthy.
‘Good, Jake wont hurt you anymore, he’s going to keep his distance from now on.”
“Ok.”
“I’m actually surprised he didn’t glamour you to keep you quiet, he did with me,” explained Kaylee remembering back to when he bit her.
“He tried, but I think it’s because my contacts prevented it from working.” I explained.
“Well you got really lucky, he almost drained you, but James and Jorden heard your scream.”
“Vampire blood is weird,” I told her making a face.
“You’re telling me, it’s just down right gross!” Kaylee laughed.
“I know.” I agreed smiling back and laughing with her. Kaylee gave me a hug to reassure me and because she was just a really good friend.