Sequel: Stained
Status: Stay tuned for book 2: Stained

Two Worlds Combined

Chapter 15:Transformation

We laid Kaylee on the couch, and Jorden sat on the floor and held her hand watching her. We all knew Kaylee wasn’t ready to be a vampire yet, but it’s better than her being really dead, that would probably kill me if she really was dead. I couldn’t believe that my best friend was going to be a vampire, it’s so cool, well to me anyway.
“You have a crazy mind, but I like it.” Jake said to me bumping my shoulder. I know I do, now be quiet and quit reading my mind, I thought so Jake could hear me without me saying anything. He nodded at me so I would know that he heard me.
“Why is she getting pale?” I asked as I looked over at Kaylee who’s skin was getting lighter by the second.
“When we are first turned we are very pale, but over time she will go back to her more human color.” James explained.
“Oh, is her hair color supposed to change too?” Mya asked as Kaylee’s hair became almost black.
“Sometimes that happens, but mostly on girls,” James explained to us.
“I hope she likes her new look because it sure is different, I’m not going to lie she looks a lot prettier as a vampire,” I confessed. They said the transformation was going to take about an hour, then she would wake up.
Finally an hour had passed and we all waited patiently for her to wake up. Kaylee sat up gasping for air like she had been holding her breath all that time. Jorden got up on the couch and sat beside her just in case she needed comforted.
“What happened?” Kaylee asked with fangs now in her mouth and eyes red as blood.
“Amber broke your neck and since you had vampire blood in your system then you.. Um…” Jorden trailed off trying to find the word’s to break the news to her.
“I’m a vampire!” Kaylee yelled standing up, with eyes full of rage and fangs showing, a growl came from her throat. “what the hell was that?” Kaylee asked covering her mouth at the sound that just came from her.
‘yeah, you might want to look in the mirror,” I told her. Kaylee went to the mirror hanging on the wall and she looked like she didn’t recognize herself anymore.
“My skin is pale, my eyes are blood red, my hair is darker and I have fangs!” Kaylee rambled on.
“Your so beautiful though,” Jorden said walking up behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist.
“Really?” Kaylee asked bout to cry.
“Yes, and we will all help you through this,” James added.
“Promise?” Kaylee asked.
“Promise,” Jake answered.
“Wow you guys really can hear everything, even heartbeats,” Kaylee said looking at me and Mya with a weird look on her face; we could tell that she was hungry.
“Let’s go get you a drink,” Jorden said grabbing her hand and pulling her toward the kitchen.
“Eww, this means I got to drink blood now,“ Kaylee said as they disappeared into the kitchen.