Sequel: Stained
Status: Stay tuned for book 2: Stained

Two Worlds Combined

Chapter 2: Brothers

Kaylee was here again, I could hear her heartbeat as I stepped out of my truck. I’m actually surprised my brother Jorden hasn’t bit her yet, because when a vampire is around a beating heart constantly it takes a lot of control not to bite the person. Just standing in our driveway I could feel my fangs starting to come through my gums. Kaylee just graduated yesterday so I have a feeling she is going to come over more often than my other brother Jake and I can handle. It’s not like Kaylee is ugly or anything, because to Jake and I we think she is really hot, she has reddish brown hair with light brown eyes and perfect facial features says Jorden. Oh and did I mention that my brothers and I are all vampires, it’s not easy living with them trust me. You’d think we would be used to a human being around us because Kaylee and Jorden have been together for about three years now. I mean it is a lot easier now than it was two years ago, when we first met her Jake and I had to leave the house to prevent losing control and biting her. For some reason her heartbeat never did bother Jorden it’s like he could ignore it, or like she didn’t have one to him. We cant just ignore her heartbeat, we have supersonic hearing so no matter what room we are in we can still hear it, it’s like a constant temptation. Living in a house with two brothers, vampire brothers at that was complicated enough, adding a human didn’t make our lives any easier. It did make Jorden happy and made his life as a vampire a lot easier, but for Jake and I not so much. All in all Kaylee really did make the place a lot brighter, she always knew how to make my day a little better. Our house is in the middle of the woods but not too far from town, I mean you can hear the traffic going by from our driveway.
“Well look who finally decided to come home from work,” Kaylee said smiling as a I walked in shutting the door behind me.
“Hey Kaylee,” I replied. She was sitting on our black leather couch cuddled u beside my brother Jorden. Jorden had his arm wrapped around her, to keep her close to him. Sometimes I wonder how he does it, I mean her heartbeat is bothering me, and I’m standing across the room. But some how he manages to sit right beside her and kiss her and hug her every time he sees her.
“James come to the kitchen with me,” said Jake form the hallway, speeding into the kitchen. As I walked into the kitchen I immediately could smell the fresh blood off his breath.
“So how many girls did you bite today?” I asked with a smirk on my face. I walked to the fridge to get me a glass of what we sometimes call wine but is actually blood.
“Only two, but I didn’t drain them, I just took a sip,” Jake replied giving me that half smile that he gives girls I always hated that smile.
“Sip my a**,” I told him. My brother Jake is the biggest player and always drinks from humans daily, especially girls. Jake flirts, then kisses them, glamour’s them to be quiet then bites them. We all have the power to glamour people, we can make them forget things and control them just by looking into their eyes. He does do the right thing and make the girls forget what he did to them and the fact that he is a vampire, if that leaked out to the world it would be a bloody mess.

“I’m going for a walk in the woods, be back soon.” I told everyone as I followed Jake into the living room.
“Don’t bring any girls home, Kaylee’s a handful the way it is,” said Jorden teasing his girlfriend, she didn’t even try to defend herself.
‘I never do,” I replied walking out of the house. Everyday after work I go for a walk in our woods that surround our house, it helps me think, plus it’s really quiet.