Sequel: Stained
Status: Stay tuned for book 2: Stained

Two Worlds Combined

Chapter 3: The woods

“Victoria Sky Watson, where’s my cell phone!” I yelled downstairs from my room.
“I got it,” she yelled back. I ran downstairs and found her in the kitchen eating a sandwich with my cell phone in her other hand.
“Why is it that every time I lose my cell phone, that you have it?” I asked grabbing it out of her hand.
“I was just updating your signature again,” she said offering the other half of her sandwich to me.
“Really? Tori’s fabulous; as my signature.” I asked her grabbing the sandwich.
“Well it’s true,” she said eating her last bite.
“You know what we haven’t done in forever?” I asked Tori easting the sandwich.
“What?’
“Walk around town for old times sake, we used to do that all the time,” I told her finishing my sandwich.
“Let’s go now, we don’t have anything better to do.” Tori replied opening my front door.
“Sure why not,” I replied following her outside as I left my mom a note telling her where I was going to be.
“Let’s go a different way than we usually do,” suggested Tori.
“Alright.” I agreed as we walked along the sidewalk. Today was a little chilly so had on my favorite zebra hot pink long sleeve shirt. It was my favorite shirt because I didn’t have to worry about my boobs falling out of it and having to pull up my shirt all the time. Tori just wore her gray hoodie, blue jeans and her running shoes.
We walked for about twenty minutes just talking about random things from our school years. Then two men came out from behind the corner and stopped in front of us.
“Hey what you doing out here pretty ladies?”
“Just walking,” I could see what he was thinking by looking into his eyes, pure evil. Tori and I turned around and walked the opposite direction to get away from them.
“Walk faster and don’t look back,” I whispered to Tori, My heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to explode right out of my chest.
“Go into the woods, we know these woods better than anyone else.” Tori whispered back as we went around the corner and picked up our pace.
“Ok let’s go in different directions, meet back at my house in a couple hours.” I replied as we started to run and went into the woods down two separate paths splitting up. I ran left and Tori ran down the right path, we was both running as fast as our legs would take us.
“Get back here!” yelled the man that was chasing me. The other man took off after Tori, but she used to run track so running is lie a breeze to her. I’m on the swim team so I’m pretty fit but I’m not a very fast runner, just a really good swimmer. I ran and ran and then suddenly I tripped over a stupid tree root that I didn’t see. I cut my leg on a very shark rock when I fell, now blood was seeping through my jeans. The cut was deep and hurt really bad, it was right above my knee on my thigh. The cut was the size of my hand, and on top of that the damn rock cut right through my jeans like a razor sharp knife.
I laid there on the ground trying to catch my breath before I started running again, I didn’t want this guy to catch up with me. I then heard the leaves cracking and sticks snapping around me, I think the man finally caught up with me. I stood up and grabbed onto a tree because my leg hurt with every step, I walked as fast as my injured leg would let me. I lost my balance and someone caught me and set me down on the ground right before I hit the ground and hurt myself some more. I was expecting to see the man that had been chasing me but when I looked up it was someone I had never seen before. He was very muscular and absolutely gorgeous and had the most pretties eyes I have ever seen on a guy before.
“You have to help me,” I pleaded to him, I was hoping he wasn’t going to hurt me too.
‘Stay right here, I’ll take care of that guy chasing you,” he said jumping up into the tree, he moved so fast that he was like a blur of colors flying through the air. How in the world did he jump so high and that quick, who was this guy?
“I finally found you,” said the man that finally caught up to me, I had no energy left to fight him, the loss of blood from my leg was making me weaker by the minute.
“Leave me alone!” I yelled as he slowly started to walk toward me. The man in the tree dropped down behind him so quietly, like he could defy gravity or something, I had no idea what I was witnessing.
“Hey why don’t you leave the pretty lady alone like she asked.” the creep turned around and faced him, the creep didn’t look scared at all of the taller and stronger man confronting him.
“Why what are you going to do about it pretty boy?” The light began to shine through the trees and I could see the man who was trying to help me a lot better. His eyes began to turn yellowish gold, and when he lifted his lips he had sharp teeth on either side of his two front teeth. I then immediately knew exactly what he was…a vampire. Why was he helping me though, and he thought I was pretty? Maybe he just wants me all to himself to make me his meal, I didn’t know what to think, I just knew I was terrified for my life. The vampire hissed at the creep showing his fangs and the creep screamed and ran off scared not knowing what he just seen before his own eyes. Then the vampire came toward me and helped me up off of the ground, I wasn’t going to fight him if he was actually going to help me, I was in severe pain here.
“Are you going to kill me?” I asked him as he put his arm gently under my legs and the other arm around my back, picking me up.
“No I’m not going to kill you, I’m trying to help you,” he replied with a voice so soft spoken like he was talking from a different time in history.
“But I thought vampires killed people?” I asked him as he started to walk with me cradled in his arms close to his chest. I began to feel really dizzy and so weak it was a struggle to keep my head up.
“Not all of us vampires are bad.” He told me right before I passed out from loss of blood and exhaustion.