Sequel: Stained
Status: Stay tuned for book 2: Stained

Two Worlds Combined

Chapter 4: Vampire Brothers

As I was carrying her, I could smell the blood coming from her leg, she smelled like cookies to me. Every human has a different scent, mostly food is how humans smell to us, very tempting to most. I couldn’t keep my fangs in so I just let them come through my gums all the way. This girl was really pretty, she had long strawberry blonde hair and a really nice body on top of that she must do sports or something. She lay there passed out in my arms, I held her close and sped through the woods like a blur of colors as I was passing trees and stumps. Everything was like in regular view to me like if I was just walking, it was normal and I loved being able to run so fast without having to stop and catch my breath. I knew she wasn’t’ dead because I could still hear her heartbeat, but I knew I needed to get home quickly because of the blood she was loosing from her wound.
I finally made it back to my house, I kicked the door down because as anyone could plainly see I had my arms full. I mean it’s like she was heavy or anything because vampires have super strength so she felt like a feather to me to be honest.
“Who’s this?” Jake asked as I came into the living room with her in my arms. His fangs popped out immediately at the smell of her blood, he was so dumb sometimes.
“Don’t even think about it,” I hissed at him.
“Dude, I said not to bring any girls home,” said my brother Jorden as him and Kaylee moved so I could put her on the couch.
“I wasn’t trying to.” I replied as I gently laid her on the couch.
“You bit my friend Mya!” Kaylee yelled at me after she took a better look and recognized who the girl was.
“Wait you know this girl?” I asked shocked, just what we need is another Kaylee in the house.
“Yeah I know her, she is like my best friend,” she said going over to Mya.
“Kaylee has friends?” Jake said with a smirk and that stupid half smile he does, we all ignored him like we always do.
“And no I didn’t bite her, she was being chased in the woods by some creep and I was helping her out. She must have cut her leg when she fell trying to get away from him. So why don’t you get the extra vampire blood in the cabinet and some bandages.” I said to Kaylee and my brothers. After about 5 minutes I had Mya’s wound cleaned and bandaged up, she was somewhat conscious so I gave her vampire blood to drink but she didn’t know that’s what it was. She was going to be just fine as long as Jake kept his fangs to himself, he’s already bit Kaylee before.
“You think I should glamour her when she wakes up to make her forget?” I asked Kaylee unsure of what to do.
“No she can keep your vampire secret, and it would be nice to finally have a friend who knows that my boyfriend is a vampire, and I can talk to her about more things now, I wont feel like I hiding something from her anymore.” She replied as Jorden came into the living room and sat beside her on the other couch.
“Ok, but your dealing with her when she wakes up, not me.” I said walking into the kitchen to quench my thirst, my throat was on fire.

About an hour later Mya woke up confused and not very happy.
“Where am I?” Mya asked sitting up.
“Your safe her Mya,” said Kaylee sitting in front of her on her knees.
“Kaylee what the hell are you doing with vampires?” Mya asked getting frustrated with her.
‘I’m dating one,” she said pointing at Jorden sitting in the chair.
“Wait Jorden’s a vampire?” Mya asked In disbelief looking over at him, she must know him from Kaylee telling her about him. Jorden flashed his fangs at her to prove it to her.
“Where’s that guy that saved me?” Mya asked, I was listening from the hallway.
“That’s James,” Kaylee said as I stepped into the living room so that Mya could see me.
“So who’s that?” Mya asked as she was pointing to Jake standing in the corner like he always does by himself making a stupid face, and holding a wine glass in his hand.
“That’s Jake, he’s also a vampire and they are all brothers.” Kaylee explained to Mya trying to make this all normal.
“Vampire brothers, and all their names start with the letter J? And you think I’m safe in a house full of blood sucking vampires?” Mya then began to laugh, she had the cutest laugh and it made the room a lot less tense.
“Yeah that’s what I thought when I first met them all too.” Kaylee smiled at Mya, making her heartbeat go back to normal.
“Are you feeling any better Mya?” I asked her trying to make sure she was alright, I have never been so protective of someone, especially a human before. There was just something different about her, I have never met someone who accepted who we were so well except Kaylee.
“Yeah thanks to you, than you for helping me.” Mya replied smiling at me. She had the prettiest smile, wow am I really crushing on a human that I just met, I think I’m turning into my brother Jorden.
“No problem,” I smiled back, thankfully my fangs were not sticking out when I smiled, it might have freaked her out since she wasn’t used to us yet.