Sequel: Stained
Status: Stay tuned for book 2: Stained

Two Worlds Combined

Chapter 8:The Story

I was a little dizzy form what just happened, I’ve never gone so fast in my life. We passed trees and stumps that looked like blurs, and it felt like we was floating over the forest floor.
“So what did you want to talk to me about,” James asked me, he had this voice that made me want to just melt.
“I want to know why you saved me and not took me for yourself as a you know… snack?” I asked him curiously, I couldn’t figure out why a vampire like himself would want to save a human like me. It sounded so weird to call myself human, it’s like I was another species or something.
“First of all I don’t kill humans and second of all I couldn’t let someone else die in front of me when I could help,” I could tell he had lost someone before and wasn’t able to help them somehow; but who?
“Who did you care about that was killed?” I asked wanting to know more about him.
“My parents.” He replied. At that moment it felt like my heart dropped into my stomach.
“What happened, if you don’t mind me asking.”
“About 60 years ago before my brothers and I were turned we had a perfect family. It was my mom, dad and me and my brothers all living together. We used to live in town like you do but we moved out here to get away from the memory of it all. M parents wanted to go on vacations together since my brothers and I were done with college and getting ready to move into places of our own.
We traveled to Romania because my mom had always wanted to go there since she was little, it just fascinated her for some reason. Once we got there mom wanted to go on a family hike, but it changed my life and my brother’s forever.”
“Wait.. Romania?” I asked to make sure I was hearing him right.
“yeah?”
“Isn’t that where people say vampires supposedly originated from?” I asked him, I knew more about vampires than I wanted to. Tori tells me about vampires all the time, it’s like she’s an expert on them or something. That’s why I haven’t told her that vampires exist, she might go nuts.
“Yeah, but I thought it was just a big myth,” he explained with a sad look in his eyes.
“Ok, continue with your story.” I said shutting up.
“Well, while we was hiking we stopped for a minute to rest and take some scenery pictures. What we didn’t know was that was a vampire hunting ground. Long story short my brothers and I were trying to protect our parents, but the Von family was too strong and there was six of them. 3 guys and 3 women, they were married and been vampires for a while, so they were a lot smarted and quicker than us. They did like how brave we were so they held us back and we had to watch while our parents were killed in front of us by the 3 guys. They were drained dry, then we were force fed their vampire blood and killed instantly after. When we woke up our parents bodies lay in the grass and we were vampires, we buried our parents and never told anyone what happened. We called ourselves monsters, Jake grieved in his own way by biting humans and being so mean and hateful all the time, it’s like he didn’t have a heart to care anymore. Jorden took it the hardest, he was really close to mom like we all was, but him and mom talked more though.”
I could tell James was holding back his tears, he must have held his grief in all these years, he turned away keeping himself from making eye contact with me, but why?
“I’m so sorry,” I said getting up and hugging him. He pushed me away quickly and I didn’t know why.
“Don’t,” he said, could see his eyes changing to golden yellow.
“Sorry,” I didn’t want to get bit, because I’m pretty sure it would be very painful. When I hugged James it was as if electricity shot through my entire body, he was so cool yet soothing.
“It’s fine, I’m just not used to your scent yet you want to walk back to the house?” James asked me standing up.
“yeah, so did you ever get the Von family back for killing your parents?”
“10 years later we finally found them and we killed the three guys, all that’s left now are the three wives. Let’s just say the girls were not very happy with the loss of their companions, they ran off before we could get to them.” James explained as we walked through the woods back to the house.
“Oh.”