Sequel: Stained
Status: Stay tuned for book 2: Stained

Two Worlds Combined

Chapter 9: Training with Mya

Mya was over a lot more now, she always came when Kaylee came over to see Jorden. Mya always came just to hang out with me, and to learn more about vampires and how we live. It was actually kind of nice to have someone to talk to about our vampire world we live in. Mya even asked me to teach her how to defend herself against a vampire. So today we was going to the back yard for some training, I thought it was a really good idea. Mya was a lot stronger than I thought, she must’ve done sports in school with all her upper body strength. The more and more I talked and hung out with Mya the more I began to like her. This was starting to freak me out because I haven’t cared about someone in so long and forgot how to actually feel.
“Were you involved in sports when you was in high school?” I asked Mya as we took a quick break from an hour of training.
“yeah, I was on the swim team.” Mya replied drinking from her water bottle, man how I missed drinking water.
“Well that explains were your upper body strength comes from,” I told her.
“Thanks, I guess,” she replied smiling.
“You ready to go again?” I asked her jumping to my feet so quick it was unreal.
“Bring it,” she said with no fear in her eyes. I mean it’s no wonder I like this girl. She’s brave, hot, and knows how to kick some butt when needed.
Right as she came at me I sped behind her like I was just the wind. I pushed her down on the ground, but not enough force to hurt her. She lay there very still, I knew she wasn’t dead because her heart beat was going fast from the adrenaline rush she was having. I hovered over her and said, “Mya.” She quickly sat up and stabbed me in the side with her blade on the knife I gave her.
“Damn it, that hurt,” I said jumping back pulling it out of my side. good thing vampires healed quickly because things like getting shot or stabbed still hurt like hell, but the pain didn’t last very long.
“Well, you hurt me too,” Mya replied showing me her blood arm, she smelled so good it was overpowering, I wasn’t sure how much I could control myself.
“Sorry about that, we have bandages in the house,” I told her quickly speeding off before I lost control of myself.