Status: I absolutely love fan fiction

Niley Again

Chapter 2: Nick

Nick woke up at precisely five thirty every morning. He never knew why, but ever since the Year 3000 days of the Jonas Brothers, he had been an early bird. But does the early bird really catch the worm? Nick would ask himself this everyday, because lately he'd been depressed.

He'd had commercial successes in concert, on Broadway, and on tv, but none of it had made him smile anymore. There was just something missing. Nick thought that maybe it was because he didn't see Kevin and Joe as often anymore. They'd all grown up and moved on to new lives. Before, they had seen each other almost every single day. Now, they saw each other once a month, tops. It was hard for Nick to move on from his glory days. His teenage years brought him fame and fortune. How could anyone move on from that?

Then, Nick thought again. He had dated Australian actress and singer Delta Goodrem for nine months. But since that break up in February 2012, Nick hadn't tried to date anyone new. He often asked himself why he hadn't begun dating again. His only conclusion was that nobody good had come around. But that wasn't true, either.

Just one week ago, Nick was out eating some Mexican food, and the waitress slipped him her number. Her name was Heather. She was beautiful and she seemed nice, but Nick didn't want to go for it. Once again, Nick had failed to get himself a date.

Could his failed romantic life be the problem? Nick gave himself an ultimatum. Either he would stop mopping and pick his life up or suffer the consequences of being forever alone.

Nick called his brother Kevin for advice. "Kev, I just don't know how I've let myself go so bad. All I do is sit around and feel sorry for myself. I gotta stop. What should I do?" Kevin gave him advice that only a good brother could give. "Then get off your ass! Go out and have a good time. Think back to the days when you were happy. Who were you with? Where were you? What made you let loose?" Kevin's words haunted Nick because an image had popped into his mind as Kevin asked those questions. Miley.