Status: Active!

Blackwater Park.

Raining Death.

Wind could hear himself flapping by as the Shadows began to pull him at insane speeds, melting everything else around him into an in-distinctive blur.
Then, abruptly, they stopped.
Wind is shaken, but most certainly not stirred.

He struggles to pull himself together; the part of the park they had brought him to was noticeably different, in feeling and in view. The ground was easily visible here, absent of the danger he had inquired before. Even the trees had departed, and the air smelled vainly of flaming sulfur…

Hell, no. Something much, much worse? Yes.

Wind finds his immobility once again, but after finding no luck in escaping the clutches of the Shadows, he relaxes, giving in to the urge to register all of the sights in…

Breathtaking. Astounding. Flames everywhere.
It was the inside of an oven, as the air appeared to be laced with its own scarlet anomalies. Every single place Wind pivoted to, things spontaneously burst into consuming fire; humongous geysers spewed fireballs high into the air, all the way up from deep crevices in the earth. No inch of solid ground was spared, and it all laid covered in dusty, black soot and ashes. Irregular volcanoes dotted islands surrounded by moats of lava, and they represented the shapes of jagged-edged, pointy-tipped cones, towering thousands of feet into the blushing skyline. Lava, in all of its beauty, retained a blackish, fluid state, and it ran in rivers everywhere, with some ending in infernal waterfalls at bases of gorges and ravines. Very interesting, as the lava ran like liquid charcoal, but the fumes themselves blew billowing crimson smoke, that floated to thundering clouds overhead, and fell back down as deadly precipitation…
Raining down Death upon the land.

Interrupting, the Shadows started to whisper again, but this time, they seemed to be trying to communicate, shaping their whispers into understandable phrases…
“Irhow eloheem a rloha…”
Wind understood.
You must calm them.
Wind still was unable to make any sudden movements, but he had not been stripped of his gift of language.
Calm them?
You must calm them…
The Shadows let him out of their imperceptible grip, and he felt the goodness of moving around, but Wind had witnessed their power, and he was unwilling to try anything foolish at the time…They spoke again.
Calm them…our hearts are disturbed. They need a release…release them, fair Wind.
After finishing their statement, they headed into nothingness, and left Wind to his own confused isolation. Somehow, they knew his name, and it had rolled from their dark substances like rejected absinthe. Wind knew not what to do, and he didn’t know exactly what they had meant by “calm them…”

Nothing presented an idea. Then, he thought about Earth. How he had calmed them with his soft, sincere breeze, brushing over the troubled waters and aging lands, condoning everything with reassurance, sometimes a little too harshly…
That was it. This wasn’t Earth.
Wind pushed himself off from the scorching ground, and continued to lift up. The falling flames and intense heat did not seem to bother him in his ascension, and he did not stop until he could feel the air begin to drop slightly in temperature. He let out a long, whooshing sigh, and the darkened clouds parted themselves to reveal every feature of the infernal behemoth. Wind inhaled, and began to swirl around in his stationary position, stirring the humid, dry air around him. Faster and faster and faster he went, pulling in vast rips of kinetic energy into his now thundering vortex…

He drilled straight down.

The ground rose up to him in a matter of milliseconds, and Wind felt alive with the thrill of the moment. Flames fought against Wind, lashing around him with their licking fingers, but he tightened his hold, opening wide to pour out a massive monsoon. Every being began to bond with glistening drops of sapphire, and buckled down from under Wind’s circling wrath, and he let out a roar. Volcanoes flattened themselves like flapjacks, and the soot sitting on the grounds became caught in his ring of anger, spiraling and dissolving inside of him. The last drop of fire that swam on the ground dried up under Wind, hardening into smooth, glossy, blackened rock; the inferno fought with all of its might, but failed in resistance.

Everything was calm, and Wind collapsed.