Status: Writing As I Go Please Be Patient

Forever Enemies

We are Taking Over the Ship

Delilah’s POV

“Captain where do you want us to take the cargo?” My first mate Maddog asked as I was staring out into the spacious blue ocean before me.
“Keep what we need and barter the rest, we need more food, lots of rum, and ammunition, get what we need and nothing else” I demanded keeping my eyes on the sea. Although we had just made port I was eager to get back on the open sea, it was my home and nothing felt better than the cool wind blowing through my hair.
“Ma’am do you want an escort to town?” A crew member sauntered up and quietly asked, I was baffled by the oddness of this crew member fore I had never seen him before. I was also confused by the question, if anything my crew knew I could handle myself.
“No I can quite handle myself thank you,” I paused playing along, “I’m sorry but I don’t recall your name?” I questioned taking my gaze off of the water and turning my full attention to the man standing in front of me.
“Name’s Smee ma’am” He bowed his head as a gesture of greeting as he took off his red stocking cap.
“Smee is it, well welcome aboard the Jolly Roger because you are our newest stow away” I lunged forward with my sword at the ready, “Now who are you and just who sent you?” I seethed as I threatened to carve a line into ‘Smee’s’ cheek.
“I sent him” I heard a familiar voice and the thud of boots coming up behind me. I swung my sword as I whipped around to confront my attacker.
“Hook” I growled, “What are you doing on my ship?” I demanded stepping forward slowly with my sword pointed ahead of me just incase Hook decided to make a move.
“Put that away Love, you might hurt yourself” He smirked his devilish crooked smile that made his eyes light up.
“You know very well that I know how to use this, now get off my ship, savvy” I warned him taking another step forward as a way to intimidate him, but he stood his ground and side glanced at me.
“Don’t you mean my ship, I’ve come to take the Jolly Rodger back, you’ve had it for far too long Delilah” He took out his own sword in one swift motion and slapped mine down. Soon we were locked in a battle of swords, both of us skilled in footwork and swordsmanship. Every time one of us got the upper hand the other would counter and take control, it was a sword fight that would surely never end.
“You realize this is a never ending fight” I said swatting Hook’s sword out of the way and changing my stance. We circled each other waiting for one of us to make a move, but neither of us was dumb enough to lose our footing by lunging forward.
“Enough” Hook shouted pointing his sword towards the ground and glaring at me.
“Fine” I grumbled and pointed my sword down to call a stand still, “But you’re not getting the Jolly Roger back so you should give up now” I holstered by sword and walked to the wheel of the ship standing my ground triumphantly.
“It is only fair that what belongs to me is given back, now do hand it over before I take it by force” Hook stepped forward in a threatening stance.
“I’d like to see you try Killian” I hissed.
“Captain is everything ok here” Maddog walked up the stairs with several other crew members behind her. Madyln was my longest and most trusted friend and the toughest pirate I knew, except myself of course. She would lay down her life for me and I could tell by the look in her eyes she did not like the way Hook was approaching me.
“Maddog it is fine, Captain Hook was just leaving” I turned to glare at Hook, “Right Captain” I waited for him to reply as I continued to glare at him with my arms crossed.
“That’s right” He glared back at me, “This is not over Delilah, I will be back for what is rightfully mine, in time” And with that Captain Hook and his crew were gone and lost among the others milling about in the harbor.
“Captain, what was that about?” Maddog asked as I glared in the direction that Hook went. It always pissed me off when he called me by my real name and not my more fearsome moniker Captain Black Heart, but that’s what he was best at, pissing me off.
“Just an old friend dropping by for a visit” I smirked and raised an eyebrow, oh Killian Jones has no idea what I’m capable of.

“Captain we are ready to set sail, just need your word” One of the crewmembers known as Smoke informed me. I walked to the side of the ship and looked out at the waters, everything was calm and the breeze was just right to take leave. I took a deep breath as the sea called my name and closed my eyes before turning to face Smoke.
“Let us set sail and put as much water between us and land as we can” I nodded to Smoke as he ordered the crew members around preparing to go out to sea.

We had been out at sea for several hours and the night watchman had been manning the wheel as I tried to get some sleep in my quarters. I laid in bed and listened to the creaking and squeaking of the sea rocking the ship it was like my lullaby, within minutes I was fast asleep.
I was startled awake as only a few minutes later there was a loud crash and a thud as something hit the ship. I immediately jumped out of bed and launched myself up the stairs and onto the top deck.
“Maddog what is going on?” I asked my first mate as I got my bearings.
“Enemy ship firing upon us Ma’am” I took out my ‘scope and looked to the east, I could see a ship with its cannons blazing, who on earth would be foolish enough to fire upon the Jolly Roger at night, but then I had a thought.
“Hook” I growled when I spotted him at the wheel. He was seriously daft enough to fire on his own ship just to try and get it back from me, obviously I got under his skin just as much as he did me.
“What the hell are you idiots doing man the guns and fire back you slackers. I am not going to let him take back this ship” I whispered that last part to myself. After I watched my men get to work I manned the wheel and turned the ship so that every one of our cannons would hit the puny ship that Captain Hook had taken for himself.
“Fire!” I shouted and the men lit the cannons, I smiled as I watched them sail towards Hook’s ship. Victory would be mine. We battled on into the wee morning; finally Hook raised the white flag. The Jolly Roger didn’t take too much damage but we would need to make port in order to repair the damage that was done.
“Head to the nearest port I have a score to settle” I side glanced at Hook’s ship as it headed toward land.

“Maddog, Smoke make sure that the repairs get done, I will be at the local pub chatting with an old friend” I said as I stormed off the ship and into the crowd of people rushing around the harbor.
“Do you need backup Captain?” Maddog asked before I got too far away.
“I can handle it, they don’t call me Captain Black Heart for nothing, I show no mercy never have and never will” I turned around and smiled a brilliant smile before continuing my mission. I stopped the first person I could get the attention of and asked where the best pub in town was.
“Glacier’s around the corner and two blocks down” A nice lady of the night informed me, so I was off to hunt down Hook. As soon as I walked into the pub and my boots clanked in the wooden floor everyone in the pub stopped what they were doing and looked at me. Everywhere you could hear people whispering about me being a female pirate and me also being the infamous Captain Black Heart, it joyed me that the mention of me made people shiver.
“Where is Captain Hook?” I demanded and the bartender pointed to a back room. I stormed back to the room and threw open the door.
“How dare you fire on my ship, you coward why don’t we just settle this once and for all Killian Jones, you don’t deserve to be called Captain Hook” I was yelling as Hook sat there sipping on his mug of ale.
“Well, we could do that, or we could sit here and have a few drinks, Black Heart” Hook set down his ale and used the table as a footstool.
“They call me that for a reason, so I’m tired of waiting Hook get up and let’s settle this” I demanded pounding my hand on the table.
“I know why they call you that, but honestly Love you don’t live up to your name, so there is no need for me to fret” He continued to relax and have his drinks with his crew.
“Don’t think I live up to my name” I scoffed, taking out my sword and stabbing the man closest to me, “is that ruthless enough for you Hook, now are you going to follow me outside or am I going to have to drag you out by your boots” I pointed my sword at him.
“Ha, you know they say you have a black heart but I’ve heard differently through my network of people” He smiled and set down his ale, “but if we must duel, so be it” Hook walked towards the back of the pub and through a back door.
“As much as I would like to hear about the new rumors you’ve heard, I would like to get this over with because I’m late for something that doesn’t involve you” I laughed and held my sword at the ready, “Who even fires on their own ship, honestly” I shook my head baffled.
“I’d rather see her on the bottom of the ocean than in your hands any longer” Hook cocked an eyebrow before he spoke again, “Ok Black Heart I’m ready” Hook just stood there without his sword drawn.
“Draw your sword Hook,” I demanded.
“Oh, looks like I don’t have one” He shrugged.
“Don’t have one, what pirate doesn’t carry around a sword, your jesting” I kept my sword pointed at Hook just in case this was a tactic to catch me off guard.
“Sorry Love, don’t have one” Hook moved his long leather coat to reveal an empty holster.
“Well Damnit I can’t duel with a pirate that doesn’t have a sword” I pointed my sword down and placed it back in my holster. I started to turn around and walk back into the pub when someone had my hands held behind my back.
“You really should never turn your back on a pirate Love” Hook whispered in my ear. Instead of walking me into the pub and completely embarrassing me and ruining my reputation Hook was kind enough to take me around the building.
“Let me go Hook” I tried to struggle free.
“Your efforts are useless” Hook whispered in my ear again.
“Will you stop that” I shook my head away from his head.
“Stop what?” He whispered again.
“Ugh!” I growled.
“Now be a good little pirate and behave as my prisoner, I was kind enough to spare you the humiliation earlier so stick to the code” He said out loud and pushed me onto the Jolly Roger, “We are taking over the ship!” Captain Hook shouted as his crewmembers took my crew captive.
“You are so going to regret this Hook” I thrashed around after he tied me to a chair in the captains quarters.
“You know I would really prefer it if you called me Killian” He smirked as he walked out leaving me there.
“Hook!” I yelled, “You get your sorry ass back here right now!” I yelled trying to get out of my chair, but it was useless. I bowed my head and accepted the fact that my forever enemy had managed to catch me all because he was a dirty rotten cheat.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here is my newest story, hope you like, gonna try and type some more of this soon.
Comments Appreciated.
Suggestions welcome for ideas.
Revised Chapter: 12/26/14