Status: Writing As I Go Please Be Patient

Forever Enemies

Here There Be Ghosts

“Are you ready?” Killian asked as we both grabbed onto our own ropes as we prepared to try and board the mystery ship.
“As ready as I’ll ever be” I smiled back and tightened my grip on my rope. We both nodded at each other and launched ourselves towards the mystery ship. I had a sick feeling that the mystery ship was going to disappear as soon as we started towards it, but surprisingly the ship was solid under my feet in a matter of seconds. I looked to my side to see Killian standing there as well, luckily we had both made it over to the mystery ship without anything bad happening. We kept quiet and looked around the ship trying to assess our surroundings and I was alarmed to see that there were people milling about the ship doing their normal duties. Killian and I exchanged a quick look of confusion because we could not understand how when we were aboard the Jolly Roger we could not see the crew on the mystery ship. My first instinct was to walk up to one of the crewmembers and try and communicate with them.
“Excuse me, whose ship is this?” I stopped a younger looking man and asked him. The man shrugged my hand off of his shoulder and continued on his way pretending that I was not even there, “Well that was certainly strange” I turned to say to Killian but he was nowhere to be seen. I frantically searched in the area around me and could not see Killian anywhere I started to silently panic.
“Don’t worry Love I’m right here” Killian sauntered up next to me and gave me a wink, “I wouldn’t deprive you of my company on a ship like this” He smirked and took a few steps forward to get a better look at the ship.
“Oh believe me Hook I could never be hurt by the deprivation of your company” I laughed trying to get up next to him so that I could be in just as much control as he was.
“Oh don’t flatter yourself Love, what would you do without me” He turned and looked at me but something was different about his attitude and his expression.
“Are you feeling ok Killian?” I asked taking half a step away from Killian. He reached his hand out towards me and I glanced at his hand and noticed that he had his sword out of its holster and was pointing it towards me, “What the hell Hook, what are you doing?” I asked taking a full step backwards as Killian continued to inch forward. I looked up at Killian and for a split second it was no longer Killian, it was my father and I couldn’t help but gasp and freeze in my tracks.
“Delilah, snap out of it, Delilah, what’s wrong with you?” I gasped for air and grabbed for some sort of stability in front of me and was shocked to see that it was Killian.
“What happened?” I asked letting Killian go and looking around the ship.
“You were in some sort of trance and kept looking at me like I was going to kill you” He explained and I looked at him like he was crazy, “You can look at me like that all you want, but I’m not crazy” He smirked and gave me a pat on the shoulder.
“Let’s just get back to exploring the ship Hook” I grumbled and composed myself and followed Hook down to the lower decks. I noticed as we made our way through the ship the crewmembers were oblivious to our presence and just continued doing what they were told by their captain. We made our way down to the captains quarters and Killian held up his hand as a signal for me to stop and I did as I was told for once. I may hate Killian but I would trust him when going into battle on a ship or a sword fight. Killian turned around and leaned in close to me to whisper something in my ear.
“There’s no captain I don’t know who is in command of this ship and the fact that the men roaming the ship are not responding to our presence alarms me” Killian finished and stood upright again as we stood there trying to figure out a plan. There was a loud creaking noise coming from inside the captains quarters and we both turned to look inside the room there sitting in the chair behind the desk was a man that looked like a ghost. His features were normal but he was transparent and had a seafoam green tint to his skin.
“I assume you two are looking for me?” The man asked as we stood there appalled, “Well don’t just stand there come in already” He spoke again and this time Killian stepped forward and into the room. As I watched Killian walk into the room I noticed that he was walking in a stalled fashion, which was very jerky and not smooth like normal. I looked to the captain and he was locked on Killian as he continued to stagger towards the desk.
“Killian no!” I shouted trying to get Killian to stop, but sadly he continued on. I searched around my area for anything to use to get Killian’s attention. There was a boot sitting just outside of the door, I picked it up and threw it at Killian’s back as hard as I could.
“Ow” Killian turned around and looked at me with anger in his eyes, I glanced at the captain and he stared at me with rage and started to grab for Killian.
“Yell later, run now” I said pointing at the captain as Killian was about to say something. Killian immediately ran for the door but was stopped when the door slammed shut between us, “Killian!” I yelled banging on the door with my fist.
“Delilah run, get off of the ship” I could hear Killian yell through the door as he wiggled the doorknob.
“I’m not leaving, we came over together and we are leaving together” I smacked the door one last time. I was out of ideas and items to use in the area I was standing so I frantically searched the rest of the ship for something to use. In one of the rooms I entered I found a small portable cannon and grabbed it and a cannon ball before I ran back to the captains quarters. When I arrived I was confused to find that the door was no longer closed but open and there was no one in the room. I looked around getting really pissed at the ship for playing more tricks on me.
“Killian!” I screamed turning in circles, I was running out of ideas for everything and now the one man that I came over with was gone. After searching the lower decks I ran up the stairs and searched the top deck. As I stumbled up the small flight of stairs that led to the wheel I looked up to see Killian standing with his back to me.
“Killian, boy am I glad to see you” I said trying to catch my breath as I continued up the stairs and started walking towards him, “Killian” I said touching his shoulder softy. He slowly turned to face me and had a glassy look in his eyes as he searched my face.
“Milah” He said as almost a whisper.
“No, it’s Delilah” I corrected him taking a step away from him.
“Milah” He whispered again and grabbed my arm and brought me in close to his body as I struggled to get away.
“Killian stop, let me go” I tried pushing myself away from him and clawing at his hand on my arm but he was oddly stronger than I remembered.
“I love you Milah” He sighed in my ear as I continued to struggle out of his grasp.
“Killian snap out of it” I yelled smacking him across the cheek.
“Ow, what the hell Delilah, that’s the second time you’ve hit me tonight” He looked at me anger taking over the glassy look that was previously in his eyes.
“It was the only way to get you back to reality” I explained as he looked around trying to figure out how he had gotten on the top deck, “Would you mind releasing my arm now?” I looked down at his hand still firmly grasping my arm.
“Oh” He looked down and quickly released my arm, “Sorry” He said quietly, “Why exactly was I holding onto your arm?” Killian asked after his head was finally clear.
“Well you were in some sort of trance, it has something to do with this ship, it hypnotizes you” I paused, “You thought I was Milah” I said softly knowing that with Killian she was a touchy subject.
“I see” Killian nodded and cleared his throat composing himself, “Well now that we have taken a look around the ship and know more about what exactly is on here I think we can get off before anything else happens, we can regroup and come up with a plan later” Killian finished and looked towards the Jolly Roger.

After getting back onto the Jolly Roger we talked with some of the crew about what was on the ship and the strangeness of the crew and captain. When we felt like enough was said Maddog, Smoke, and I decided to head back to our ship so that we could get some sleep and regroup in the morning. As soon as we were safe on my ship again I went down to my room and got ready for bed.
“Oh Dearie” I heard a familiar voice creep into my room.
“Show yourself Rumpel” I demanded turning around quickly to make sure my back was not to him. I looked to my door but was surprised when Rumpel slowly appeared on my chair next to my desk.
“Hello Dearie, you’ve been busy haven’t you” He laughed, “So busy that you haven’t fulfilled our little deal, so many times you have had him in your grasp and you come up empty” He smirked.
“It’s going to take time” I explained, “I’m going to get him to really trust me and then take him by surprise” I continued.
“Quicker is better my dear, the longer you take the more you will see” He laughed as I watched him dissolve into thin air.
“See more of what?” I yelled at the air as Rumpel was no longer there.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here is chapter ten.
Still hoping everyone that is reading is enjoying.
Comments and Suggestions appreciated.
So what next?? What is Rumpel talking about?? What are Killian and Delilah going to do about the Ghost Captain?? Why does he keep following the Jolly Roger??