Status: Writing As I Go Please Be Patient

Forever Enemies

Hold On

I was sitting next to the body with my knees pulled up to my chest I was terrified and alone. I looked over to the body laying next to me, Killian, he was gone and never coming back. I looked back out into the blue ocean and tried to lose myself in the sound of the wind and the waves crashing across the shore but all I could think about was the fact that Killian was dead. I sniffled and wiped away the one lonely tear that had fallen throughout the whole scheme of things. I took my hand away from my face and I stared at that single tear, I wasn’t a crier, never was even when I was little so it was odd to see this tear. I stretched out my legs and dug my boot heels into the sand and then I leaned back and laid down next to Killian, I didn’t know what to do I was running out of thoughts and so I did the one thing I knew that would get rid of everything and went to sleep right there on the beach.

Killian’s POV

We were headed to the village that Rumpel was supposedly holding Delilah, I was hoping that the Ghost Captain wasn’t secretly working for Rumpel this whole time so I was cautious about the whole thing. I was down in my quarters trying to mentally map out a plan once we were on shore when Smee interrupted my train of thought.
“Captain” He said tentatively.
“Yes, Smee” I turned around in my chair so that I was looking at him. He took a few steps past the door and stopped.
“The crew and I were wondering if this voyage we are on is really worth it” Smee immediately looked down not wanting to anger me. I just looked at him with my eyebrows scrunched together.
“What do you mean?” I asked leaning back in the chair waiting for Smee to conjure up the nerve to explain himself.
“Well, Sir, we know that you want revenge on Rumpel, but that can be achieved at a later date, why is it that we are going after the girl?” Smee finally looked up and met my eyes and I could tell that he was honestly perplexed by my decision to go after Delilah.
“Well Smee, it is my fault that she is there so I thought it would only be fair to right the wrongs I have done” I explained trying to keep my temper down, since when does a captain have to explain himself to his crew members.
“But Sir, she is you’re enemy, she took the Jolly Roger from you” He started rambling at this moment and I was getting tired of listening to him so I slammed my hook down on my desk making a very loud clang. This got Smee’s attention and he immediately stopped talking. I stood with force an pushed past him and ran up the stair to the top deck.
“Hello my lovely crew” I bellowed from the wheel of the ship. Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to look at me, “Now that I have your attention, Smee has brought something to my attention, that some of you, if not all of you are some what puzzled by our current voyage” I paused and watched everyone intently, “As your captain I don’t care what you all think, you are worthless and are only here to keep this ship a float, if you have a problem with this feel free to go for a swim” I stopped waiting to see if anyone was going to actually leave the ship. “Now that, that is settled, I do not owe any of you an explanation, so carry on with your work and leave me the hell alone” I finished my speech and stormed back down to my quarters. It infuriated me that the crew was even capable of forming their own ideas let alone actually sending someone to talk to me about them. As soon as I was in my room and slammed the door and locked it, I was not to be bothered the rest of the trip.

It had been about an hour or so when I heard a faint knock on my door, I immediately jerked my head up and angrily padded across the floor and stood in front of the door.
“I said I did not want to be disturbed” I grumbled through the door to who ever had dared to interrupt me after I gave an order.
“Captain, land has been spotted” I heard an unfamiliar voice say and then heard the sound of boots moving away from the door. I headed back to my desk and grabbed my weapons and headed up to the top deck once again. I waited along with the crew as we inched closer and closer to land. I could feel my heart thumping against my chest as shore became clearly visible to me, I was getting close to finally getting revenge. We made port at the small dock and I rushed off of the ship and straight to the one place I knew I could get information, the pub. I walked in an the noise of the pub immediately stop everyone sitting around drinking turned to look at me as I stood in the doorway assessing my surroundings.
“Can we help you?” A man sitting at the table directly to the left of me stood up and looked me in the eyes. I immediately felt on high alert everyone seemed to be hostile towards me so I tried to soften my hard gaze and speak calmly.
“I’m looking for a house” I explained what it looked like from the description I remembered Delilah telling me years ago and hoped that someone could point me in the right direction.
“Can’t help ya” The man sat back down and didn’t even give me a second glance. I found the whole situation to be very strange so I left the pub and headed back towards the beach. I had nowhere to start my search and I had no idea if Rumpel was here or where he was hiding. I had placed the ring that the Ghost Captain had given me on my sword belt just in case I ran into some trouble and needed a ghostly intervention. I walked down to the beach and kicked the sand with my boots and stared at the few houses that were along the water. I drifted off into my own world until I found myself standing in front of a house that I hadn’t realized was there earlier. As I looked at the house I realized that this was her childhood home, she was here trapped by Rumpel and I was standing just outside. I immediately sprung into action and raced to the front door and barged in only taking quick glances everywhere I looked. I couldn’t find her, she wasn’t here all of this and neither her nor Rumpel were here. I let out a deep sigh and leaned against the wall I was standing next to. Suddenly the wall turned and I was in a separate room that was hidden from view from the other side. I looked around this new foreign room and my eyes landed on a figure slumped in the middle of the room. I froze in shock not really knowing what exactly this heap on the floor was; I decided to approach it slowly. I took my time and took very careful, very slow steps until I was standing right over the heap and I suddenly knew what it was.
“Delilah?” I called out and the heap didn’t move, I crouched down and put a hand on her shoulder and immediately drew it back. She was freezing, as cold as ice, “Delilah?” I called again and this time I turned her on her back and saw that her eyes were hazy and glossed over. “no” I whispered to myself and sat back on my heels. She was dead, I had arrived too late and now her blood was on my hands. Once again someone died because of my foolish behavior. I could feel the feelings welling up inside me, but they all immediately turned to anger when I heard a familiar voice.
“Find what you were looking for” I turned around and pulled out my sword in one swift movement causing the ring the Ghost Captain had given me to fall off, but I was done with tricks and magic, this was personal. I pointed my sword at Rumpel’s throat and was prepared to do my worst, until he vanished into thin air.
“Tisk tisk, Killian you should know better my now that it will never be that easy” Rumpel waved his arms in the air very dramtically the whole time he spoke. Everything he did just made me angrier and I lunged forward with my sword in front of me and once again Rumpel vanished before my sword could impale him.
“Damnit, stay still” I mumbled to myself.
“I’m going to have a little fun with you” Rumpel laughed and then he was gone again and never reappeared. I stood in that room turning in circles with my sword out in front of me ready for the second her came back. I then realized that he wasn’t coming back and I was once again alone with Delilah’s body. I reholstered my sword and walked over to her cold body, I picked her up and started to take her out of the house, I knew that if she were still alive she wouldn’t want to spend one more second in this place. So I took her back to the ship and was surprised to see that no one else was on the ship any longer, I figured they had gone to the pub so I carried Delilah down to our room. I smirked at that thought, it was our room because both of us had held the room as our own and both of us had bonded here when the captain was alive. The memory of the captain and us stayed on the ship that he passed down to me and I could almost hear his voice as he spoke in my head.
“I did it all for you, all to help you both, hold on Killian, hold on” I placed Delilah on the bed and sat there next to her for a few minutes as I tried to wrap my head around everything that was going on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update!
Comments and Suggestions appreciated.
Whats going to happen next?? Will Killian and Delilah ever find each other?? How will it all end??