Status: Writing As I Go Please Be Patient

Forever Enemies

Lost in Thought

“Killian” I said and I could hear the fear in my voice as he continued to get closer to me with a crazed look in his eyes.
“Rumpel, that son of a bitch, he is the one that has done all of this, the hallucinations all of it” He was fuming at this point and it was like I wasn’t even in the room. Killian paced back and forth and mumbled to himself as I sat on the bed holding my knees to my chest. I was still very aware that Killian was unstable when it came to Rumpel and after seeing the look in his eyes even I didn’t want to try and mess with him so I kept my distance and stayed silent.
“Delilah” I heard my name and I was snapped out of my little world of concentration and I looked up to see Killian standing right next to me.
“Yea” I said softly not knowing what to really do or say.
“I’m going to make this right, I’m going to kill him, right now” He looked me in the eyes and I believed every word he was saying and that is what scared me the most. He started to walk away and I finally snapped out of my shock and raced after him.
“Killian wait, you don’t know what he has planned, we are on his terf, there’s no telling what he will do to you” I tried to stop him by grabbing onto his jacket sleeve. He stopped for a second and glanced in my general direction but continued on his way after I let go of his jacket.
“Stay here Delilah” He said softly before he went up the stairs.
“Damn-it Killian!” I yelled and raced up the stairs after him, “You can’t seriously expect me to stay here while you go on some sort of suicide mission” He stopped and turned to me.
“This is the only way we get off this island” He kept his voice low and even, I could tell he was controlling himself and purposely not yelling at me.
“That doesn’t mean you have to go at it on your own” I retorted, “I’m not afraid of a fight, and you sure as hell know I’m capable” I shifted my weight to one leg and crossed my arms glaring at him.
“Delilah, I’m trying to help you, now stay here” He raised his voice in the middle of the sentence but immediately lowered it before he stopped speaking.
“No!” I yelled at him and he stormed over to me, but this time I wasn’t afraid because I was just as pissed off, “Give me a sword and I will watch your back” I said sternly trying to get my point across.
“Like I need you there to watch my back, that’s all I need is to worry about you getting into trouble” Killian turned his back to me as he rubbed his face clearly having difficulty with this decision.
“Seriously, you of all people know I am capable of dueling with you and being evenly matched, why wouldn’t you want me to back you” I walked over to him and put my hand on his shoulder. I could feel him relax under my touch and this eased my worry.
“I don’t want to see you get hurt, Rumpel is an evil man and he will stop at nothing to get back at me for everything I did, if he knew” Killian shook his head.
“Killian, over the past few months I’ve come to know you as an ally, we just have to make him think that we will forever be enemies” I smirked to myself. I was finding it difficult to be the one that was trying to lighten the very tense mood and I was running out of things that I know worked.
“Delilah, it’s not that simple, he took you for a reason, he knew it would drive me crazy and that I would come to this damn island and now here we are, stuck and stranded and he’s calling all the damn shots. I have to do the one thing I know I can do and I don’t give a damn if I die or not, I have to kill him, to end this once and for all and to keep you safe” Killian was rambling on and on and I was overwhelmed with emotion. I didn’t know what to do or say and I was so confused at everything that was going on that I didn’t know what I was doing until Killian had been cut off and I was kissing him. I got lost in what was happening and I felt Killian relax and then kiss back, I felt like all the tension had just vanished everything was calm and serene. That was until our peace making moment was interrupted.
“Well Dearie it’s about time you warmed up to another charming captain” The kiss was broken and Killian immediately took out his sword and stepped in front of me as I searched around for any kind of weapon. I looked at the gun next to Killian’s sword holster and grabbed it quickly and cocked it.
“Any last words Rumpel” Killian spat clearly ready for a fight to the death right here on his ship.
“Everything is as it seems” And with that Rumpel vanished into thin air.
“Where’d he go and what the hell was that supposed to mean?” I questioned trying to figure out what Rumpel was talking about. I watched as Killian stood there gripping his sword like it was the only thing keeping him alive.
“Everything is as it seems” Killian repeated, “everything is not as it seems” He spoke again and I looked at him oddly.
“Killian what are you talking about” I questioned uncocking the gun and tucking it in the back of my pants just in case Rumpel came back I would at least have a weapon.
“He said not before you found me and now that you are here he says that everything is as it seems” Killian continued to mumble to himself.
“Killian, I think you need to lay down, you aren’t making any sense” I explained and turned him to face me and he wasn’t there his eyes were hollow and he was deep in thought. I grabbed his arm and led him down to his room and guided him to the bed and he laid down without any smart remarks. Killian continued to mumble about what Rumpel said and I walked over to the liquor supply and poured two drinks and handed Killian the one that was half full and took the one that was almost filled to the rim for me, after everything that had happened so far today I had a feeling I was going to need it. I sat down in the chair by the desk and watched Killian as he continued to work through the puzzle he thought Rumpel had told him.
“Killian, say something” I pleaded with him after ten minutes of listening to him babble to himself.
“Why is this one big game to him” Killian sat up and took a gulp of his drink.
“That’s how he plays life, as a big game that he controls with all of his enemies as his own personal pawns” I explained trying to talk Killian back to reality.
“We need to beat him at his own game, we need to play along like we don’t know that we are” Killian’s face brightened up and it was as if a light bulb had illuminated above his head.
“How exactly do we do that” I questioned taking a drink, I had a feeling in order to follow Killian’s logic I was going to have to be a little buzzed.
“What he saw earlier, what he thinks is here, we have to play on that, he obviously thinks something is happening between us, you and I know that isn’t true but we have to make him think there is. That way we can catch him off guard when he thinks we are not focused on him anymore” I listened to everything he said and it actually made sense, but I felt sick to my stomach at the thought of whatever happened on the top deck was nothing at all. I shook my head immediately trying to force the thoughts out of my head, Killian Jones was my worst enemy not someone that I liked let alone loved.
“So we act like we like each other” I tried to get a clarification on the long explanation that Killian had originally offered.
“Precisely” Killian finished his drink and shook his glass at me, which was his way of saying he needed more to drink. I stood up and handed him my glass because I had a feeling if I drank anymore I really was going to be sick. Killian didn’t pay attention to me but focused on his drink as he smirked about his newly thought of plan. After sitting there for a few minutes I decided I needed some fresh air and left Killian to his drinking and walked up to the top deck. I walked over to the railing and looked out into the ocean, I could feel my stomach relaxing as I focused on the blue waves that blended into the blue sky in the distance.
“Don’t fight it Delilah, this is what I always wanted, it’s what was supposed to happen” I heard a familiar voice and I search the top deck for the Captain but he was nowhere to be seen. I figured it was just another trick of Rumpel’s that was bringing the Captain’s voice to me, but how could I really be sure. I sighed deeply and decided that I should get back down to Killian before he drank all of the liquor. Time to play the part of the lovey dovey girl, the thought of it almost made me vomit. A small part of my brain screamed at me for going through with this but my heart screamed ‘don’t deny it’. I wish they would stop arguing so I could think clearly.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here is another chapter, I ended up writing this last night at 3 in the morning. So I get to update again today. Going to work on more tonight and possibly an update tomorrow as well.
Comments Appreciated. =D
Hope you enjoy.