Status: Writing As I Go Please Be Patient

Forever Enemies

Deal With the Devil

“I take it you have what I seek as well?” Killian asked leaning towards the old man so that no one could possibly interrupt or see what was going down.
“Of course I do” The old man reached into his pocket and started to pull something out when I was shoved by two men that were fighting in the main part of the pub. By the time I looked back to Hook and his deal the two men were shaking hands and Killian was about to head back my way, I immediately rushed out of the pub and hid in an alleyway so that I could follow him in case he made any other stops on the way back to his ship. I stayed my distance and followed him until he ducked into a large crowd and I lost him, I searched frantically to see where he went but I had lost him. I continued to walk straight ahead thinking that I might see him, but I was caught off guard and grabbed from behind and taken into a small alleyway just next to the marketplace. I mumbled into the hand that was covering my mouth and thrashed around trying to get free.
“Settle down Love, it is only me” I recognized Killian’s voice and I stopped struggling as he let me go, “Why were you following me?” He asked crossing his arms and leaning against the brick wall behind him.
“I wanted to see who you were doing business with and what the price for a magic bean was these days and apparently it is stolen goods, why did you have my wedding ring?” I demanded.
“Oh, that old thing, the captain gave that to me a long time ago for safe keeping and never asked for it back, so I figured it was mine to keep” He tilted his head slightly to the side and raised an eyebrow.
“Don’t give me that look, we both know you stole it from him so you could pawn it one day, the only question is why did you keep it all these years” I looked at him with squinted eyes trying to read his expression.
“It was a reminder of my time aboard the ship with the captain and I figured if things ever got tough I could sell it” He smirked his evil grin.
“Well it was also my ring” I turned my back to Killian and kicked the wall; Killian was finding out way too much about my true self.
“Ah, I see” Killian pushed off of the wall and took a few steps closer to me.
“Why did that old man want the ring anyway” I turned around and was shocked to see that Killian was so close to me.
“I have no idea, he wanted something shiny and expensive I showed him the ring and he promised that he would procure me a magic bean, that was all I wanted” Killian explained shrugging his shoulders, “ I was getting what I wanted I didn’t think it was necessary to ask any questions” He stated watching me.
“Who was the old man, what was his name?” I asked trying tog et to the bottom of the strange encounter.
“I have no idea we never exchanged personal information, sorry Love” He paused and gave me that mischievous look, “But I know a way we can find out” He smirked.
“No, I’m not going on some adventure with you, we are enemies now you said you would leave me here and go on your way, now stay true to your word Hook” I turned and looked at him with anger in my eyes, his charms would not make everything he did vanish.
“If you wish Mi’ Lady” He bowed and turned his back to me, “Before I leave, I would like my bean back please” He pivoted around and held out his hand. I smiled wickedly and dropped the magic bean into his hand, “You are quite good at stealing things I will give you that” Hook finished and began to walk away.
“takes one to know one I suppose” I hollered after him and he waved his hook in the air in response. I was left there with a stupid smile on my lips and a million questions that I wanted answered. I immediately raced back to the pub to see if the old man was still there. Disappointment ensued me when I got to the pub and he was no longer there, I sat down at the bar and ordered a drink going over everything in my head.
“Hello, Dearie” I heard a high-pitched English voice say from behind me. I turned around to see a man that seemed to be covered in scales and it made me think of the crocodile Killian always talked about.
“Hi” I said cautiously, “Can I help you?” I asked making myself aware of my surroundings and possible weapons I could use to protect myself.
“Well that depends on if you can help me” He stated sitting down next to me. I was getting a very weird vibe off of this man and I didn’t want to stick around for very long.
“Who are you?” I asked leaning against my arm that was resting on the bar.
“Why I’m Rumpelstiltskin” He threw his hands up in the air like he was doing some sort of salsa dance and bowed his head.
“The Crocodile” I whispered to myself and looked up to Rumpel with shock on my face.
“So you have heard of me, good” He had this evil grin on his face and I could tell I was not going to like where this conversation was going.
“Yes, but I know you by another name, Crocodile” I spat.
“Ah, you are exactly who I am looking for then” He rubbed his hands together like he was a little kid getting what he wanted.
“And why are you looking for me?” I questioned, I was not going to let him get more answers than I did.
“I’m looking for an old friend that coined the phrase ‘wanting to skin a Crocodile’ and you know just who I’m looking for” He smiled leaning towards me.
“And what makes you think I know where he is?” I leaned away from the green and creepy man.
“’Cause Dearie I know everything” He hissed. I looked at him confused and trying to think up a plan to get me out of the pub, “No need to try and escape this is my pub and it’s enchanted” He stated after he saw that I was looking around.
“What do you want from me?” I asked trying to get him to uncover his master plan.
“I want Hook and I have a feeling that if given the chance you would give him to me” Rumpel stood up and walked behind the bar to pour himself a drink.
“And what makes you think that?” I said bound and determined to never answer a question with a direct answer.
“Well Dearie I know for a fact that you hate Captain Hook and would do anything to have his ship the Jolly Roger permanently” He took a drink out of his glass and leaned over the bar in front of me.
“What do I get in return?” I asked intrigued by his proposal.
“The Jolly Roger and Hook gone for good” He stated, “And all your questions answered” He added. The last part piqued my interest and I looked at him in disbelief.
“And what do I have to do to obtain all of that?” I knew how Rumpel worked I had heard many stories about how everything came with a price when it came to The Dark One.
“Bring me Hook” He paused, “Alive, simple as that” He stated.
“What’s the catch?” I asked knowing that there had to be something more to his plan.
“No catch Dearie just good business and a contract” He smiled and suddenly a rolled up scroll appeared in his hand. I glanced around the pub in shock, I had heard about magic in stories but never actually seen it. I was suddenly aware that there was no one else in the pub except Rumpel and I.
“And what if I refuse the contract and bring you Hook for the pure pleasure of me getting revenge?” I asked and watched him ponder the offer.
“For that I can offer you two questions answered and the Jolly Roger” He said after thinking everything through.
“Well Mr. Crocodile I do believe you have a deal” I stuck out my hand so that we could seal the deal with a handshake.
“Excellent” Rumpel shrieked and shook my hand and pricked me with one of his fingernails.
“Ow, what was that for” I shouted bringing my hand back closer to my body.
“Insurance Dearie, in case you decide to change your mind” He laughed and evil little laugh and he was gone just like the scroll had appeared. I sat there for a moment thinking about what I had just done and smiled a wide toothy grin, time to bait me a Hook. I walked out of the now packed pub and headed to the docks to find my crew and concoct a plan to capture the one man that I hated more than anything in the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here is Chapter Five, I've actually been staying on top of posting and writing so yay for that.
I'm really looking forward to come of the next chapters going to be really cool. Any suggestions about what you would like to see?? Do you think Delilah is really going to hand Hook over to Rumpel?? Or will she face the consequences for betraying Rumpel??
Comments appreciated!
Enjoy.