Status: Writing As I Go Please Be Patient

Forever Enemies

This is Why I Hate You

“What are you doing here you’re dead” I called out to the man that I knew was dead as he walked closer and closer to me. As ruthless as I was as a pirate in this moment I was terrified not only for my life but for my sanity.

Flashback

It had been about 8 months since Killian Jones had come aboard our ship and every time I thought he was going to leave he stayed longer. I was growing tired of this man being on the ship because ever since he had arrived the captain had been so distant and preoccupied. Every time I would see Killian I would glare at him when he wasn’t looking he was slowly ruining my love life and I would not stand for it.
“Miss Delilah, good morning” Killian said walking up to me as I stared out into the blue sea.
“morning” I said back trying not to sound so irritated but it was really hard when I wanted him off the ship so badly.
“Beautiful day is it not” He smiled before taking a big bite out of a shiny red apple.
“Yes indeed” I smiled back at him and turned my attention back to the sea. We stood in silence for a few minutes until I tore my attention away from the water and stood face to face with Killian Jones.
“Why are you on this ship?” I asked.
“To learn the ways of a captain and the workings of a ship didn’t the captain tell you?” Killian responded turning around to face me while leaning up against the railing of the ship.
“yes, I know that, but why haven’t you left yet haven’t you learned all that you need to learn already” I pleaded trying to give him a hint that I wanted him off of the ship.
“I’m not entirely sure yet, I suppose I have learned a lot but I don’t think I have learned everything that I could” He explained as I stared into his green eyes that seemed to glow when he was close to the water. I could tell that he was passionate about sailing and he was definitely captain material but I desperately wanted him off of my ship so that my life could get back to normal.
“I completely understand” I said not holding back my irritation this time.
“I’m sensing that you want me gone” Killian pointed out by my attitude, stance, and voice.
“Oh really now, what would give you that impression” I grumbled.
“Hey now, don’t go taking this out on me, it’s the captain that invited me aboard so if you have a problem take it up with him” Killian smirked and bowed his head before leaving my presence. If talking to the captain was what he wanted me to do then I would march my happy ass down to my room and talk with him.
“Captain” I said softly knocking on the door to our room.
“Come in” I heard his voice but he sounded distracted.
“Captain, I would like to talk to you about Killian Jones” I started.
“Yes, what about him. He is a fine young sailor and he will prove to be quite the captain” He added before I continued on with what I was going to say.
“Don’t you think he has been on the ship long enough to learn everything he needs to know, isn’t it about time that he leave and be on his own” I sat down at the table in the room on the chair across from the captain.
“Delilah, do you have a problem with Killian, has he done something to you?” The captain looked up at me with concern and ignored the papers that he was previously examining.
“No, of course not. He has done something to you though, you aren’t yourself anymore all you do is work, you never seem to pay attention to me and I barely see you anymore, you don’t sleep and you hardly eat, your lifestyle with him is not healthy” I explained trying not to make it all about me, I was a strong independent woman and I could handle a few days with out a man but eight months was pushing it a little too far.
“Oh Delilah you worry too much everything is just fine, I haven’t felt better in my life” He smiled at me as I stared at him baffled.
“So you are perfectly ok with spending no time with me whatsoever and gallivanting around with a young pirate” I stood up and looked down at him in frustration.
“That’s not what I meant” He tried to back track.
“No it’s fine captain I know when I am no longer needed, I’ll pack my things and move back to the bunks that way you don’t have to worry about me bothering you about spending time with me ever again” I said before storming out of the room and straight to the kitchen. Whenever I was frustrated it always helped me to cook, so I immediately got out one of my mothers cookbooks and started to pick a recipe.
“What you gonna make?” I heard Killian say from behind me. I whipped around and glared at him I was furious at this man and he was now standing in the one place that was sacred to me.
“Out” I said through clenched teeth.
“Delilah what’s wrong?” He asked unaware of the anger boiling inside of me.
“I said get out of my kitchen” I screamed and threw a knife in his direction, the knife flew across the room and got stuck in the wall not two inches from Killian’s face, “next time I promise I won’t miss” I warned before Killian got the hint and got out of the kitchen.

It had been about a month since I had left the captain’s room and my little incident with Killian and everything was starting to calm down. I was still furious at Killian for ruining my relationship but I went through my days just thinking that someday everything would be back the way it was. We were headed toward a port somewhere in the Caribbean and it would take us about four days so I was down in the kitchen planning out the meals that I would make when I heard a loud crash. I looked around confused at this odd sound because I had never heard anything like that before. After finding nothing out of place in the kitchen I decided to go up to the top deck to investigate. When I arrived on the top deck everyone was running every which direction and in a panic. After being pushed out of the way several times I hurried up to the wheel of the ship and tried to stay out of the way. I was surprised to see that the captain was not at the wheel but the first mate was. As I looked out into the water I saw an enemy ship with its cannons blazing as it fired upon us. It was very odd that this would be happening because although the captain was a pirate he was a highly respected pirate that had very few enemies. The ship continued to get closer and closer and I feared that they would soon be on top of us and would be invading the ship. I headed back down below deck to search for my weapons that the captain had given me so that I could defend myself. While below deck I ran into the captains room and informed him of what I feared would happen and he grabbed his sword and ran toward the top deck with me. Before we could get up the stairs two men with swords were coming down and we were suddenly locked in battle together. I looked around for something to help us get to a better spot but we were trapped in the stair well with nowhere to go.
“Delilah get out of here and find Killian” The captain shouted as he punched one of the men unconscious.
“I’m not leaving you” I pleaded knocking a sword out of my way. As I looked up the stairs I could see more people coming our way.
“Delilah that is an order” He demanded and I left the side of the man I loved to find the man that I had learned to hate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the next chapter, I hope everyone is enjoying.
As a Christmas Present I am posting two chapters so the next one should be up in a matter of minutes.
Comments and Suggestions appreciated.