Status: Writing As I Go Please Be Patient

Forever Enemies

The Ship with No Crew

“Stand down men” Killian called to his crew.
“but Sir she is trespassing and in your private quarters” One crewmember countered and stepped forward touching the cold steel of the sword against my chin.
“I said stand down!” Killian raised his voice and acted like he was going to get out of bed and confront the crewman that defied him.
“Yes Sir” the man lowered his sword and backed away as I finally took a deep breath and rubbed my chin to warm it up.
“Everyone out” Killian ordered and everyone immediately left. Maddog and Smoke came in to see what was going on, “I said out” Killian called again.
“They are mine” I said quietly but just loud enough for him to hear.
“Ma’am” Smoke said looking to me for orders.
“As this is Hook’s ship do as he says and leave” I nodded and watched my two crewmembers leave, I was alone with Killian and we hadn’t moved from our positions. Killian cleared his throat and I turned around to look at him.
“Would you mind?” He smirked looking down at himself and me sitting on top of him.
“Oh” I blushed and immediately jumped off of the bed. I stood in the middle of the room confused on what to do with myself, being here unintentionally made me very uncomfortable.
“Once more would you mind?” Killian asked again and I turned to have my back to him as he got out of bed and clothed himself, “Ok you may turn around, and close that door” He said as I walked over and closed the door and finally turned to face him as he cinched his belt tightly.
“Listen about all this” I began and was cut off my Killian waving his hand in the air.
“No need to explain yourself, I would like to know one thing though” Killian smirked, “if you were trying to be so quiet why on earth would you scream, unless you didn’t mean to scream, which means that something startled you, what startled you Delilah, I know it wasn’t a spider because the most ruthless female pirate would not be afraid of a wee little spider” He spoke as he walked around the room searching for the thing that could have startled me. I stood frozen in one place trying to think of a lie that would not make me look as crazy as the truth, “I’m waiting” Killian turned to face me and I could tell he was not playing around this time he really wanted to know what had made me scream.
“So you wouldn’t believe me if I said it was a spider” I tried a weak smile and all I got from him was a stern look and a headshake, No, well I’m not really sure what to tell you, so I’ll just be on my way” I turned around and started walking towards the door.
“Delilah, as a guest on my ship and not a prisoner like you should be after the stunt you just pulled, tell me what happened” Killian demanded as he took a step towards me.
“Look Killian, you’re not my dad, you’re not my lover, and you sure as hell aren’t my friend so I don’t have to tell you anything!” I turned and glared at him with fire in my eyes.
“You are right on all three accounts” He paused searching his brain for words, “Alright if you won’t tell me what startled you then tell me why you were here in the first place or I will take you as my prisoner” He tilted his head slightly giving me an ultimatum.
“Why are you even giving me a choice, why not just take me prisoner?” I asked trying to take the focus off of what Killian was asking me to explain.
“Well that is a good question, but I can tell that you are trying to keep me from getting an answer about your true purpose here” Killian smirked and I knew I was caught.
“I came for you” I stated not adding anything else to it.
“Oh really, well isn’t that nice” He laughed, “What exactly did you come to do to me?” He smirked and there was an extra shine to his eyes.
“Don’t flatter yourself Hook” I snarled.
“Then why did you come for me?” He asked taking another step towards me and he was now only standing a few inches away. I looked up at him as he looked down at me and I was briefly reminded of a younger Killian longer before he had become captain and long before he had become my mortal enemy.
“I came to kidnap you so I could take back the Jolly Roger and finally get rid of you once and for all” I looked down as I spoke and finally looked up at him through my lashes when I finished.
“Ah, I see” He spun on his heels and turned his back to me, “Well it’s a good thing I set sail for Neverland tomorrow or else I would have to watch my back” He laughed to himself.
“Neverland” I whispered to myself, “How long do you plan on staying this time?” I asked trying to see how much time I would have before my window of opportunity closed and Rumpel would be on the hunt for me.
“I was thinking forever, it’s nicer there, and plus I’d like to stay young and good looking for the rest of my life, the ladies really are attracted to me” He smiled a wide toothy grin.
“Well that would make my life a lot easier” I laughed trying to hide the fact that I was panicking inside my head. If Killian was gone forever Rumpel would not be happy if I did not keep my end of the deal.
“I bet it would” He smiled quickly and then his face got very serious again, “What startled you Delilah?” Killian asked one more time.
“The captain” The words slipped out of my mouth before I could consciously think of my answer and Killian’s head immediately jerked up to look at me.
“The captain, on my ship?” Killian stared at me in disbelief and horror.
“It’s not possible because you killed him, I watched you betray him and take his ship” I explained drowning in my own words.
“Yes, he is dead” Killian said as he stared into space with a blank look on his face. I was about to ask Killian about the way that he said that when there was a loud crash and I was launched to the floor as Killian fell on top of me.
“Get off of me” I grumbled shoving Killian off of me as I tried to stand up and get my bearings. When I finally stood up and the ship stopped swaying there was another loud crash and once again I was launched to the floor. I looked up to see Killian holding his hand out and I grabbed it to help myself up. We headed up the stairs and onto the top deck as more crashes could be heard. I stood at the rail of the ship and looked out into the ocean and there it was the mystery ship, once again firing upon the Jolly Roger.
“What is this ship’s problem” I grumbled to myself and immediately ran to see what Killian’s plan was. When I reached Killian he was yelling out orders to his men and steering his ship.
“It doesn’t seem to have any crew nor captain” Killian leaned toward me to explain.
“How is that possible?” I asked looking at him confused and he handed me his ‘scope so I could take a look for myself. I scanned the whole ship and there was no one visibly on board or manning the cannons. I took the ‘scope away from my face and looked to Killian in surprise.
“Invisible crewmembers” I suggested.
“And where have you ever heard of that being true” He laughed over the roar and crashing of cannons. I stared at the ship in disbelief, I felt the sudden urge to board the ship and investigate everything and how this ship was sailing on its own.
“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Killian whispered in my ear.
“Depends on what you’re thinking” I turned to smirked at him teasing him like we always did.
“Board the mystery ship and take a look around” He nodded towards the ship that was continuing to fire on us.
“Well I guess great minds do think alike” I smirked as Hook went off in search of rope.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here is another chapter, hope everyone is enjoying.
Comments and suggestions appreciated.
Why is the mystery ship manned by no crew?? Why is Delilah continuing to see the captain?? Will Killian go to Neverland forever?? Will Delilah capture Killian for Rumpel before her window closes if Killian does leave??
More Soon!