Sequel: Finding Forgiveness

Remembering My Childhood Crush

Patience Is A Vertue

[br]
Kira’s POV
Seeing Evgeni up and around the house without crutches freaked me out to say the least. He was determined to get back out on the ice as soon as he could but I was a little more careful.

“Can you please just use your crutches for a little while longer,” I was preparing for the worst as he shuffled around his bedroom looking for a suit to wear for the game tonight.

He hadn’t been to the rink in almost 3 weeks spending all the time after surgery trying to get even the slightest amount of strength back in his leg with endless doctor appointments.

“I will use my crutches tonight,” he sighed sitting down and rubbing his knee.
“Are you ok?” it worried me every time he looked to be in pain.
“It’s just a little sore,” he winced when I pushed on his knee to see if he was lying.
“Well maybe you should just slow down for a bit, you don’t want to make it worse before it gets better.”
“Ok,” he grabbed my face and pulled me up to him.

I climbed carefully over him so that I didn’t hit his unbraced knee, “Evgeni be careful,” I reminded him as he pulled me into his lap.
“It’s ok,” he wrapped his arms around me.

I always melted at his touch no matter how much I tried to resist him, it just wasn’t possible.

“We’re going to be late,” my eyes closed as he kissed my weak spot on my neck.
“Oh well not playing,” he mumbled against my skin.
“Yeah but I am working,” I put my hands on his chest stopping him.
“Being late won’t hurt,” he tried to duck his head around to my neck again.
“No Zhenya stop,” I pleaded.

I really worried about him. I wasn’t going to let him hurt himself again. I promised I was going to look after him not let him get worked up and undo all his hard work.

Evgeni’s POV
I sighed giving up as Kira climbed from my lap. I knew I could make her weak at the knees with the slightest touch but ever since I got hurt she had developed some wicked control.

“Here,” she walked out of the wardrobe with a grey suit, pink shirt and matching pink tie.
“Pink?” I curled my eyebrow at her.
“I don’t even know why you have it but,” she held it up to me, “it looks… good,” she seemed surprised.
“I was going to make you wear it for punishment but now you can wear at it so I can stare at you in it.”

I felt the heat rush up my neck. That was a problem between us, we were so physically attracted to each other it was hard to keep our hands to ourselves but at the same time she meant to world to me. We were so closely bonded from our childhood it was hard to ever be mad at her.

"Yep, you look very handsome," she smiled as I hobbled out of the bathroom.
"You don't look so bad yourself," I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her into my with a huff.
"Put on your knee brace and we can go," she pulled away knowing exactly where I was going with it.

I hated not being able to drive, so I sat twiddling my thumbs in anticipation for the arrival at the rink.

"I have missed this," I breathed in the cold air of the arena.
"I have missed seeing you out there," Kira stood in my embrace as I lent against the wall by the home team players bench looking out onto the ice.

We stood in silence laping up the moment together before the stands would be full of thousands of screaming fans in about an hour.

"Hey G can we talk?" Mike called from down the hall.
"Ok," I felt nervous for some reason.
"Go on, it will be ok," Kira gave me a reassuring kiss, "If I don't see you before the game come find me in my office after the game, I have some paper work to do," she handed me my crutches.

Kira's POV
Mike was only going to be talking to Evgeni about his rehabilitation routine. He had already questioned me about it on the phone all morning so I wasn't worried about Evgeni when Mike took him away.

I didn't see him before the game but Mike told me he noticed that Evgeni wasn't quiet the same.
"Do whatever you have to to get him to tell you what's bothering him, everyone's worried about him."

The team won and I thought it was going to be an improvement for Evgeni but there he was sitting in his stall with his head in his hands.
"What's wrong?" I sat next to him in the near empty locker room.
"Huh?" his head shot up, "oh nothing," he put his head back in his hand.
"Zhenya," I rubbed his back, "it's going to be ok, your going to be fit and healthy and playing again soon."
"No I won't," he looked up and his eyes were stained red, "I am out a year at least," he got up quickly and let out a loud shout in pain.
"Zhenya," I had to try and catch him before he ended up on the ground, "no your not," I cupped his face and made him look at me so I knew he would be listening to me, "you can't force this, you need to be patient, ok?" I wiped the tears from his cheek, "everything is going to work out just fine. I love you," I captured his lips.

It was all the convincing I could do to him right now. He wasn't going to believe it until he saw it, and that I could understand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't exactly know where I am going with this one but let me know what you guys want to see. I might do this one based on purely what you guys want to see happen so message me let me know, I will probably work on a first in best dressed on how the story line so proceed from here.