Sequel: Finding Forgiveness

Remembering My Childhood Crush

Moving On

[br]
Evgeni’s POV
For months I had tried to get over Kira but it wasn’t working. I tried concentrating all my energy onto my rehab but as it turned out you have a lot more time to think when you are running.

I spent most nights lying in bed wide away and it wasn’t helping me at all. There is was only one thing that made me feel better.

“Geno, is something bothering you?” her soft hand run up my back and over my side to my chest before resting her head on my shoulder.
“Just worried about hockey,” I sighed rolling over and wrapping my arms around her.
“It’s ok, you will come back next season better than ever,” she ran her hand over my chest.
“I hope so,” I lent down and kissed her forehead.

“Emily?”
“Yeah?” she looked up at me from under her fringe.
“You come to Russia with me for summer?” I brushed the hair from her face.
“Are you trying to make up for how we ended last time?” she smiled.
“Maybe.”
“Well in that case you are doing a good job,” she ran her finger down my bare stomach.
“So you come?” I pushed.
“Of course I will come,” she straddled my lap and lent down to kiss me.

“I love you,” she sighed as I kissed her neck, something that used to make Kira squirm.
I hesitated for awhile as my mind trailed through all the memories of Kira and I together. But then I remembered she had stuffed up, she was the one that chose someone else, “I love you Emily,” I found her lips again and sealed it with a kiss.

Kira’s POV
“Kira honey are you sure you are going to be alright on your own?” my mother kissed me on the cheek as her and Ben were heading out for dinner.
“Yeah I will be fine,” I assured her ushering them out of the door.

Ben was the guy my mother was dating, so she said but we knew it was a comfort thing. I mean like mother like daughter, right? But he made her happy and right now that was all I wanted for her, to be happy.

After ending it with Evgeni I knew there would be no way I would be able to handle going back to Pittsburgh, so I did what I always did and ran. There was always just something missing there anyways.

I still talked to Sid and I still talked Veronique and when they came out for a game in Washington the other month and I took them out for dinner.

“How is he going?” I looked between then as they sat staring at me.
“He… he is ok,” Vero stuttered.
“You don’t have to lie to me Alex told me he is back with Emily,” it was nice that they were trying to protect my feelings but I didn’t deserve it. Besides it was my fault and Evgeni was the one who deserved to be happy.
“Yeah but I still stand by what I said about him not being as happy with her as he was with you.”
“Yeah well I ruined that didn’t I?” I shrugged taking a sip of my water.
“You still have a chance to get him back,” Sid looked on with desperate eyes.
“Sid I know you miss me,” I laughed at the face he pulled, “but that just isn’t going to happen.”

It was hard enough knowing Evgeni was in the same city as me, let alone being able to face him. It wasn’t going to happen any time soon and by then he would have forgotten about me anyways.


“Hello, Kira!” his accent filled the house.
“In bed!” I called out before his large foot steps came up the stairs.
“Already in bed huh?” he smiled coming over to my side and sitting on the edge of the bed.

“How are you feeling?” he ran his hand down my cheek.
“Tired,” I felt myself lean into his touch, “can’t get any sleep, he keeps kicking,” I put my hand on my stomach.
“He is practicing his skating stride,” he put his hand on top of mine before leaning down to kiss my belly, “you be good and let your mummy get some sleep.”

“Alex?” I tightened my grip on his hand.
“Yeah?” he looked up.
“Can you stay with me tonight?”
“Sure,” he smiled softly kicking his shoes off and climbing into bed next to me before turning off the bedside light.

“Come here,” he pulled me into him so I could rest my head on his chest as he lazily rubbed circles on my back, “feel good?”
“Mmm, sure does,” he chuckled at my reaction.

"Are you going to tell him?" he racked his fingers through my hair.
"I will, just not yet," I shifted in his arms.
"Kira, he has the right to know," he sighed.
"I know he does, but right now he is happy with Emily and I think I have ruined his life enough already."

“Oh I also brought some cookies and cream for you and your weird breakfast cravings,” he kissed the top of my head.
“What would I do without you?” I looked up and smiled at him.

It was hard adjusting to a new life in a place that has been your home for so long. It feels familiar but so different all at the same time. I just hope it doesn't have to change anytime soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys this one is ending on this note but I promise you guys are going to love the sequel so don't worry.

This one was hard to write so in a way I am kind of glad this part is over but hopefully I have more ideas flowing through my head for this next part.