Sequel: Finding Forgiveness

Remembering My Childhood Crush

Can't Ruin This Chance



Kira's POV
"Hey Kira," Sid smiled as he walked into the medical room.
"Hey, just your ankle again?" I asked grabbing the tape from the medical box.
"Yes please," he jumped up on the table and waited patiently.

"So how are you and Geno?" he watched as I particularly began taping his ankle.
"What do you mean?"
"Geno said you guys were going to try this whole dating thing," he bite his lip if he was regretting saying it.
"Yeah, I guess we are ok," I shrugged.
"Just ok?" He questioned.
"It's just taking some getting used too."
"He really does care about you," he offered.
"I know... There you go," I patted his foot as I finished the last bit of tape.
"Thanks," he slid off the table, "just don't worry too much, everything will work out," he smiled before heading out into the locker room.

Evgeni's POV
When Kira suggested we start from the beginning I didn't realize just how hard it was going to be to be able to deal with that. It was hard enough trying to control myself around most women let alone a woman I couldn't get enough of.

There was so many times where I wanted to just reach out and kiss her but I couldn't. There was a chance that she wouldn't want it and then I would ruin everything I had worked so hard at getting back.

"Hey," she smiled as I walked into the medical room.
"Hey," I sat up on the table.
"What's wrong?" She frowned at my slight limp.
"My quadricep is sore," I winced pulling myself up onto the table.
"Which one?" she grabbed the heat gel.
"Right."
"Well lay down then."

"Are you sure you’re going to be ok to play?" she dug her fingers into my muscle.
"Ouch," my head snapped at her.
"Oh don't be such a baby," she did it again.
"I will be fine to play."

God was she killing me. I had to suppress a moan from my lips as her hand began to wonder a little too high and her massage became soft.

"Feel better?"
"Much better, thanks," I climbed from the table.
"Evgeni," she looked sad as she sat where I had been sitting just seconds before.
"Yeah," I turned around.
"Doesn't matter," she looked down.
"Kira?" I stood in front of her and tilted her chin up to me, "What's wrong?"
"Nothing, it's not important right now. You better start getting ready," she pulled my hand away from her face and slid off the bench before walking out.

Kira’s POV
Everything was happening at once. Sure I wanted this whole thing with Evgeni to work out but I wanted to prove to them that it wasn’t a mistake hiring me.

My mind had been so caught up in him for the past few days I couldn’t think straight. I wanted to believe that our relationship would stay the same, that we would be inseparable like when we were kids. But it felt like I needed to hear him tell me before I could believe.

“Zhenya,” I cheered as I ran out of my room into the kitchen. I stopped dead in my tracks when he was no where to be seen.
“Where’s Zhenya?” I looked up at his mother.
“You remember he is at the hospital sweetie, getting his tonsils out,” she ran her hand through my hair.
“Oh yeah, can I go see him?... Please,” I begged.
“I am sure he could use some company when he wakes up, he wasn’t happy about it this morning.”

When we got to this hospital I held onto my mother and Evgeni’s mother’s hand as we walked through all the long white halls.
“Here we are,” my mother stopped in front of a door with a giant 3 and little pictures all over it.

“Zhenya,” I pulled from their grasp and ran to his bedside.
“Are you ok?” I climbed up onto the bed next to him.
He wasn’t talking but mama said that was because his throat was really sore. His big sad eyes looked up at me the whole time.

“Go to sleep honey,” his mother ran her hand through his hair.
His head flopped onto my shoulder and he was instantly asleep, his mother said it was because of the medicine, he would be would be tired for a couple of days and wouldn't be allowed to play.

I didn’t mind that we couldn’t play I was ok with just sitting with him, we could color or play board games, something he could stay in bed and get better.

I was bored listening to all the adults talk and when I glanced down at Evgeni with his head still on my shoulder asleep I couldn’t help but feel tired. I let my head fall onto his and shut my eyes. I felt his hand squeeze mine, it could have been a reflex to my movement but I knew it was because he was scared. He didn’t want to be alone.


That was one thing Evgeni knew how to deal with now, pain. He had to, playing hockey you always get hurt I had watched plenty of games where he was getting beaten from pillar to post.

That didn’t mean it was any easier to watch in real life. Honestly it freaked me out even more. The entire game I was on edge and each time someone went near him I flinched.

I guess I was just afraid of losing the one person I truly loved.

Evgeni’s POV
I could see there was something on Kira’s mind. She wouldn't stop glancing over and at me in the car. Each time she went to open her mouth she would pause and nothing would come out.

“Kira I know there is something wrong so just…” I stopped when I found her curled up on the couch asleep.

She looked so peaceful and I didn’t want to risk waking her up but she would bee better rested if she slept in her own bed.

After so much fighting with myself I decided to pick her up and take her upstairs, “Evgeni,” she mumbled as I tucked her in.
“Shhhh go to sleep,” I ran my hand up and down her back until I knew she was sound asleep again, “Goodnight Kira, I love you,” I placed a kiss to her forehead.