Sequel: Finding Forgiveness

Remembering My Childhood Crush

I Will Always Choose You



Kira’s POV
With a month until Christmas, HBO camera’s everywhere and a month until the big Winter Classic against the Capitals tensions were high in the locker room and I seemed to be coping a lot of the flack.

“I hate Ovechkin and the Capitals,” Max grumbled.
“Really? So you hate me?” I stuck my head out from the medical room door into the locker room.
“You’re not a Capital anymore though,” he waved it off.
“But you said once a Capital always a Capital,” I stumped him.
“You’re the exception,” he got up thinking it was enough.

“I don’t see why you guys all hate Ovechkin,” I stood with my hands on my hips wanting a real reason from them.
“Because he is a dirty player,” Sid spoke up, “I don’t like how he plays.”
“You just don’t like him because the media practically brain washed you to hate him,” I stormed off.

I didn’t exactly know where I was going, my office wouldn't be far enough away from them all to deal with it so I decided to head home.

Alex had been my closest friend for years now and he would always have a special place in my heart. We would go back to Russia for the summer and workout, enjoy the time off and have some fun. He was a great guy and I just wished they would give him a chance.

My bathroom was being re-tiled so I had to use the guest bathroom for the time being. I got in the shower and enjoyed the warm water running over me. I felt all my muscles begin to relax and then all the memories of Alex came flooding back. No, I had to get out I couldn’t take it.

Damn it! I forgot my clothes. I stuck my head out of the door and checked to see if Evgeni was anywhere to be seen. With my final check I made a b-line down the hall towards my room.

I didn’t see him coming, he just appeared up the stairs and I hit him falling to the ground like he was a brick wall.
“Kira, what was that all about at the rink?” Evgeni helped me to my feet.

I checked to see that my towel was still wrapped tightly around me and continued to run.
“Kira!” Evgeni called after me.
“Just leave me alone,” I yelled reaching for my door.

“Kira what is going on?... Kira!” he put his hand on the door stopping me from shutting it in his face.
“Just leave me alone,” I abandoned the door and headed to the safety of my room.

“Kira can you please tell me what is wrong?” he closed the door and followed me.
“No,” I collapsed onto my bed burying my head in the pillows.

Evgeni’s POV
She hadn’t been herself for the past few days. She seemed scared of something, possibly me. Every time I touched her she froze and she retreated to her bedroom earlier and earlier.

I wasn’t going to get anything out of her while she was laying face down, I had to break through her barrier and get her to talk to me.

That was when her phone began flashing on the bed next to her. The screen lit up with a picture of her and Alex, they were in Russia, standing in the middle of Red Square.
“You and Alex were more than just close friends weren't you?”

Her eyes shot up to me before they trailed back down to her phone continuing to buzz away on the bed where she stared at the screen.
“ Weren't you?”
“Why does it matter?” she frowned hitting cancel on the call.
“Did he do something to you?” I could feel the anger rising in my stomach.

Why didn’t she just tell me? I get that we wanted this work out but we couldn’t if we weren't completely honest with each other.

“No, he didn’t do anything,” she shook her head, “we had been sleeping together,” she sighed rubbing her forehead as if it would ease the tension that was present on her face.
“Kira,” I shook my head trying to reject everything I was hearing.
“I was angry at you, I heard you had gotten engaged to Oksana and I couldn’t believe that you were just going to continue your life without me in it, so I searched for comfort in someone else and I don't regret it.”
“No, no Kira, I wasn’t. I wasn’t ever going to, I couldn’t think of anything worse. That was why we broke up. She wasn’t going to let me see you, it was a either her or you… and I chose you.”
“You did?” the hope was back in his deep blue eyes.
“Always, I will always choose you,”
“But you just can’t…” I stopped her with my lips on hers.

Why couldn’t she just listen to what I was saying and take it, instead of fighting back every time.

Kira’s POV
His lips touched mine briefly as if he was testing the water by dipping his toe in before I pulled him down needing him more.

His lips felt amazing; they were so soft as they brushed back and forth against mine.

Deciding to let him kiss me for the first time was crucial to the timing. I could feel it already changing our relationship as he situated himself on the bed next to me, his hand on my hip pulling me closer as we continued to kiss with no rush. I would normally have pulled away from his grasp but now I found myself completely at his surrender wanting to be closer and closer to him.

If he had been thinking this way all along why didn’t he initiate conversation with me. He could have picked up the phone and called Alex, ask to talk to me or even come and seen me. I guess guys are just blind sometimes.

“Shouldn't you call Alex back?” he asked as he pulled away.
I felt myself whine as he did not wanting it to be over, I didn’t want to talk to Alex right now. I wanted to be with him, I wanted to feel him pushing me into the mattress. Our bodies together, god was he going to make this difficult for me.
"He can wait," I pulled him back to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think guys. Do you want some drama? Do you want it to be easy for Evgeni? or should Kira give him some tough loving when she sees Alex next?