Sequel: Finding Forgiveness

Remembering My Childhood Crush

I Think I Made A Mistake



Kira’s POV
All the hype that had surrounded this event was driving me up the wall. I didn’t want to have to pick sides between my new team and my best friend, I just couldn’t. 

“So what do you guys think of this media crap about Sid and Ovi?” I asked as a general question to the guys hanging out in the medical room.
“It’s stupid everyone knows Sid is better,” Jordan spoke up as I carried a bucket of ice over for his wrist. 

“Sid is nothing like Ovi, he is a way better person,” Pascal said.
“Alex good, Sid good, both different,” Evgeni’s broke English really got to me.
“You’re just saying that because you don’t want me to tell Sasha that you think Sid is better,” I lightly slapped his leg as I walked passed him.
“No is true,” he tried to defend himself.
“Yeah yeah whatever,” I grabbed the tapes to strap his knee. 

I loved being around Evgeni again. I loved to have his company, but at the same time I missed Alex. I missed his big warm hugs; I missed his quirky attitude, his smile, his piercing blue eyes, the way his big hands gripped my waist to stop me when I tried to out him to Semin, everything about him I missed. Even his dumb stumble that he would rub against my cheek because he knew how much it tickled. I just missed Alex. 

Evgeni’s POV
Feeling her hands brush over my knee I couldn’t help but remember how they felt over my chest and back. 
She was everything I wanted and maybe if I had have treated her right in the first place I wouldn’t have this guilty feeling in my stomach.

What if it wasn’t for me? What if Kira really loved Alex and it was because of me they couldn’t be together. What if one day I did something wrong would she go running back to Alex, would I ever be able to get her back again?

“There you go,” she smoothed out the tape on my knee with her palm.
“Thanks,” I began to get down from the table, “Kira?”
“Yeah?” she began sifting through her medical box.
“Can I ask you something?” I reached out and wrapped my arms around her waist.
“Anything,” she continued to fiddle around with the box.
“Do you still have feelings for Alex?” I gulped not really wanting to know the answer.
She didn’t answer me though, her body froze, she stopped what she was doing and stared at the wall in front of her.

“Kira? Do you?” I turned her around to look at me.
“I don’t…” she looked down and her eyes began shifting, “I don’t know,” she pulled away clearly looking distressed.

All the guys heads shot to me and I could see them wondering what was going on, “What did you say to her?” Max frowned.
“I have go,” I rushed and chased after her.

Kira’s POV 
“Kira!... Kira wait!” he yelled as he ran to catch up to me. 
“What is going on?” I tried to walk faster but with his long legs her kept up, “Kira stop,” he put his hand out in front of me.
“What?” I stopped dead in my tracks.

“Why didn’t you just tell me?” his voice softened as he backed me up against the wall behind us.
“Because I spent the last five years of my life convinced I would never see you again and when the opportunity raised I didn’t think it through. I should never have come to Pittsburgh,” I broke free of him and ran. 

“Kira!” I couldn’t turn around, I couldn’t look at him. If I did I knew I would give into his eyes. I could just see him standing there with his sad puppy dog eyes. I could never say no to them.

“Kira you have to come tonight?” 18 year old Evgeni stood in front of me dressed to the nines in the grey suit I helped him pick out for the draft.
“And why is that?” I jumped onto the bed in our hotel room.
“Because I want you to come,” He sat down next to me.
“Oksana is going to be there I am sure you have enough support,” I snatched my phone from the bedside table.
“Please it would mean a lot,” his big brown teddy bear eyes looked at me and I couldn’t look away, I was lost in them forever.


I still remember the way he used to flash them around at me, he knew I would cave every time too.

I needed to see Alex, I needed to talk to him face to face. I didn’t know why? I didn’t know what I was going to say all I knew is I wanted his company.

I headed towards the Capitals locker room in hope they were still in there, “Have you seen Alex?” I asked Brooks.
“Kira,” he beamed wrapping his arms around me, “How are you?”
“I am ok, have you seen Alex?” I asked again.
“He is still out on the ice.”

I walked the long rubber mats from locker rooms out to the ice.
"Kira!" the familiar Russian voice cheered.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he skated over to the side where I was standing trying to keep warm. 
"Can we go out for dinner tonight, I need to talk," I shifted feeling uncomfortable.
"What's going on? Has Zhenya done something?" He stepped off the ice to wrap his arms around me.
"I am just, I don't know. I didn't think this whole thing through. I think I made a mistake."
"Look give me 15 minutes to get changed and we can go talk."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so I am still trying to figure out the whole scenario. My friend and I spent Christmas Day in the pool talking about what we would do in the situation but I am none the wiser.