Half An Hour

Half An Hour

Matt Bellamy was bored. And it was painfully obvious as well. He sat on the edge of the hotel bed fidgeting and sighing. The next interview wasn’t for half an hour, and there was only so much to do in a hotel room. He’d done pretty much everything there was to do, save for opening and closing the mini-fridge door to see the light flick on and off. And with each fidget-filled second, that thought seemed more and more appealing.

“Matt, what the bloody hell are you doing?”

Matt looked up from his position on the floor in front of the fridge to see his friend and band-mate Dominic.

“I’m bored,” he sighed, pulling open the little black door and pushing it shut again.

“You’re a freak, you know that?” Dominic laughed, and sat down at the head of Matt’s freshly-made bed. Matt jolted up from the floor and scampered over to his friend.

“Give me something to do,” he whined, sitting down between his friend’s legs. Dominic reached to the wooden side-table and picked up Matt’s fairly new Nintendo DS.

“Play on that,” Dominic told the shiny black-haired boy in front of him, who took the sleek silver games console and flipped it open. Pokémon Diamond loaded up. Of course it was Diamond; Pearl was a granny name.

Dominic wrapped his arms around his friend’s waist and watched him navigate the tiny, blue-haired figure through patches of exceptionally tall grass. Occasionally, the tiny person would be stopped by weird looking monsters with even weirder names.

“That is so weird,” Dominic finally voiced his opinions when a blue cat with a corkscrew tail appeared.

“That’s a Glameow,” Matt sniggered, tapping the screen and making his huge penguin blast it with water, “This is a heated battle between me and Team Galactic,”

Dominic gently poked the younger boy’s sides, “That’s really weird.”

Matt laughed, “Yeah, yeah it is.”

Silence fell upon the two boys, only being broken by Dominic’s constant mutterings of “that’s so weird” and Matt’s sniggers. Half an hour passed incredibly quickly, so that the loud knock on the door startled the boys. Dominic moved his head away from Matt’s ear to avoid shouting in it.

“Come in!” he called, and the door opened revealing two casually dressed girls armed with an old-fashioned voice recorder and a notebook.

“Joyce Grey and Abbie Woods,” one of them introduced herself and her colleague. Matt glanced up at them and smiled before looking back down at his game. Dominic reached forward and flipped the small console closed, taking it out of his friend’s hands at the same time. Matt pouted a little, but smiled when he felt his friend’s lips on the back of his head.

“So, shall we start?” Joyce asked, and both boys nodded in approval.

“Go for it.”

Dominic leant forward to whisper in Matt’s ear when Abbie asked the first question.

“You so owned that Glameow Matt.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe, makes me feel warm and fuzzy =]

Comments appreciated!