Status: Ongoing Story

Two Worlds Collide

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Friday rolled around all too quickly, the days blurring together with surgery's and dog food runs and coming home to find George tangled up in yet another situation.
At four o'clock on Friday Ava stood in front of her closet, at war with herself on what to wear. Something casual? Something more dressy? Should she wear black to a concert or not?
It was the text that she got from Macy saying she was on her way that made Ava figure out what to wear under the pressure:

http://www.polyvore.com/concert/set?id=60060092

She met Macy at the curb and hopped into her warm car. “Hey, ready?” asked Macy who looked great with teased hair and smoky eyes.
“Yeah, you look amazing.” Ava said looking at her little sister. It was hard to think that just a little while ago this girl had braided pig tails and a stained white dress on.
“Thanks, you look pretty freaking hot too though,” Macy smirked as Ava rolled her eyes. “I mean it Av, you need to start believing people when they compliment you. It's not worth it to stand there and not take it. Just smile and nod.” Macy chuckled as Ava laughed.
“It's so easy,” Ava shook her head. “It's so easy for a guy to tell you you look good and to lead you on and then trap you.” she said and Macy scoffed. “And then you wake up, he's gone and you feel like an idiot.” Ava explained.
“And Miss Pessimistic strikes again!” Macy laughed as Ava glowered. “Oh cheer up! We're going to Maroon 5!”
Ava smiled at the thought. What was she thinking? She was going to have a blast tonight! “You're right.”
“I'm always right,” Macy smiled.
“Whoa, let's not get too carried away here...” Ava trailed as the two laughed.

They arrived at the venue ten minutes later, and they rushed into the line, giddy with excitement. Their tickets were scanned and they were accepted inside.
“Where are we?” asked Ava as they weaved through the crowds.
“Floor.” answered Macy and Ava was shocked but took her answer and looked for the gate to the floor.
They had their tickets looked at yet again and were accepted once more. They scurried onto the floor, watching as the lights were tested and sound was as well.
They found themselves in the second row as the first opening act came in and started playing. Ava liked them, bouncing her head to the beat. The lights were dimmed more, and people screamed as they knew Maroon 5 would be coming out.
“Come on!” Macy screamed over the noise, grabbing Ava's wrist. She lead her to a group formed in the front of the stage.
The band came on the stage. “San Francisco!” Adam yelled out.
Oh God. Thought Ava He's even hotter in person.
“Are you ready to have a good time tonight?” he asked before they launched into Moves Like Jagger. Ava and Macy screamed and sang along, laughing at their voices.
During the meaningful song “Better That We Break” Adam was right up close on the piano, and he was looking out at the crowd. And then he looked right at... Ava.
He looked at her, and stared. She thought he was looking at someone else, and even checked to see if anyone else was seeing what she was seeing. And when she turned back to see his gaze was in fact on her, Adam smiled in amusement.

Adam played the piano easily, he didn't even have to look. It was like his fingers had memorized exactly where to go and at which time. And he was looking out to the crowd, feeling incredibly lucky as he did, when he saw a girl in the crowd.
He saw a lot of pretty girls in the crowd every night...But this girl was different.
She was...natural. Her eyes shone in the stage lights and she had the most amazing smile. It almost made him nervous, playing for her. Her hair fell in perfect curls around her shoulders and she was holding the hand of another pretty girl beside her. Maybe a friend. He made sure that she saw he was looking at her. He wanted to laugh when she looked around and realized it was her he was set on. It was so adorable.

Ava watched as Adam seemed to pay close attention to her during the whole concert. She thought she was being delusional, but there was no harm in thinking that he was looking at you. So she went with it until the night came to a close.
“Hey, I’m just gonna go to the bathroom.” Macy said as they were leaving. “That was so awesome.”
“It was, I’ll wait at the car.” she said as Macy handed her the keys.
“See you there,” Macy said before disappearing into the crowd.
Ava struggled to the door and went to find the car. She was sure it was in section F, but it could have been section P....She walked all the way to the other end of the parking lot, pressing the fob to the car with no result. She found herself going towards a back alley way, feeling like she had seen one while getting out of the car.
She hated the dark alley ways. It reminded her of those criminal shows where the girls get abducted or killed. It scared her.
All of a sudden a door slammed open from the side of the arena. She gasped and watched as a guy rushed out and then saw her.
She would have totally freaked out and left if this was anyone else. But this wasn't anyone else.
This was Adam.
He saw her and smiled apologetically. “Oh, sorry.” he said and she waved a hand.
“Oh, no it's alright. I just freak myself out.” she said and he nodded, looking down the alley way. She saw his questioning look. “I watch a lot of cop shows. And this is the perfect way for me to get killed. I can't find my car, I walk down this alley and then I get jumped and killed.” she explained as he listened, amused.
“Right. Well I’ll make sure no one jumps and kills you.” he said and she smiled and nodded.
“Thanks,” she said. “Also, you were incredible tonight. I loved it.” she added.
He smiled. “Thanks, it's a lot of fun.”
“The part of performing or having thousands of girls drooling over you?” she asked and he smirked and shrugged.
“Lets call it a mix.” he decided and she nodded skeptically.
“Right....A mix.” she repeated.
“I saw you,” he said and she raised a brow.
“So I wasn't crazy...” she trailed with a small smile.
He shook his head. “Nope.” he confirmed. “It was funny though, when you looked around making sure it was you I was looking at,” he chuckled as she blushed in the night.
“Well I couldn't be sure!” she burst. “It could have been anyone else,”
“No,” he disagreed. “It couldn't have.” he said surely.
“And why do you think that?” she asked and he shrugged with a smile tugging at his lips as he looked her right in the eye.
“Because you had the biggest, brightest eyes in the whole crowd.” he said and that caused Ava to look down, embarrassed. She thought about what Macy said. Smile and nod.
“Thank you, that's really sweet.” she replied, looking up.
They fell silent for a moment, but it was soon broken when Ava's phone rang and she scrambled to find it in her purse. She accepted the call.
“Mace,” she said.
“Av! Where are you! I’m at the car and you aren't here! It's freezing and I have to get back home by eleven. It's half past now!” Macy urged and Ava nodded.
“Yeah, yeah, I’ll be right there. I got a little...” she looked to Adam who was watching her patiently. “lost.” she finished, which made him smile, as it did her.
“Well hurry the hell up!” Macy cried as Ava nodded.
“Which section?” she asked and Macy sighed.
“R.” she answered and Ava nodded.
“Right, I’ll be there soon.” Ava told her and the click told her that Macy had hung up.
She closed the screen of her phone and looked to Adam. “I have to go. That was my frantic little sister.” she told him.
“Yeah, I see. You lost your car?” he asked and she laughed.
“Yeah...I have a talent for losing things. Especially my slippers...But forget that. I have to go.” she said waving a hand. “Anyway! I’m rambling!”
Because I’m so nervous...She thought to herself.
“I have to go.” she repeated. “Thanks for the amazing show. Have a good night.” she said, turning to leave.
“Hold on,” Adam said before she could leave. “What's your name?” he asked and Ava smiled a bit at him.
“Ava.” she answered before she walked away, disappearing behind the wall of the building.

Ava met up with Macy who complained the whole way to Ava's apartment. It was only when they parked that Ava finally had the time to add in her reason why. When she told Macy it was because she had accidentally run into Adam Levine, Macy about lost it.
“WHAT?” she screamed and Ava winced.
“God Macy!” Ava exclaimed. “Tone it down about three thousand notches!”
“Sorry! But are you serious? Are you fucking with me?” she asked and Ava shook her head, rolling her eyes.
“No Macy. I’m not fucking with you. Don't worry.” Ava said and Macy shrieked.
“Do you know what this means?” she asked and Ava shrugged.
“You are way too excitable? Wait, I knew that already.” Ava replied and Macy just went on.
“This means, that if it wasn't my night, it has to be yours!” she said and Ava sighed.
“God Mace, give it up. There's no night or any special guy. It was pure accident that happened.” she told her sister who refused to listen.
“It was pure fate. Destiny even.” Macy said and Ava shook her head.
“You must still be a little groggy from all the fog from the stage tonight. I’ll see you later sis,” she said, kissing Macy's cheek and opening her door.
“Do not doubt fate Ava! Never!” Macy called as she left.
Ava shook her head as she climbed the stairs. She was greeted by her two cats, which were meowing like crazy for food. She had no idea how cats were able to eat so much and still stay so skinny. She changed into her cozy pyjamas, made some tea, and decided to find her slippers.
She couldn't find them anywhere. She sighed and looked around her apartment in confusion.
She thought about her and Adam's conversation, and let a smile spread across her lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
And there's the second! I have to go to bed, so I'm afraid that's all you get in my first day of posting this story! But if you want to..you know...subscribe...Then you could always know when there are new chapters! :D I'll be back, don't worry ;)
Xoxo~WritingGurl101