Status: Ongoing Story

Two Worlds Collide

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Ava got in and waited until she saw Adam roll by in his fancy Mustang and she started off after him. She drove for a while, maybe half an hour or so before she was lead up a giant driveway and later, a giant white house. It was set on a huge hill, which has palm trees and other specimens surrounding it. She spotted a pool on an upper deck, as well as a huge set of stairs. There was a garage off to the side, although it looked like a bit of an extra house.

Ava gasped while she parked out front, and got out, a hand over her mouth.
Adam met up with her around her car and saw her look. He chuckled and grabbed her hips as she still stared at the mansion.
“You live here?” she asked him and he nodded.
“I do.” he confirmed and he laughed lightly. “You seem a little overwhelmed.” he said and she shook her head.
“I mean, no it's not cool at all. I mean, this place..You could do so much better. Really Adam.” she looked to him with a mock glare and he laughed.
“I know, I know. Sorry, but it's the best I could do.” he shrugged as she put her arms around his neck, looking to the building.
“Oh well, it'll have to do for now.” she said with a heavy sigh and he nodded.
“You'll have to suffer,” he said sadly and she smirked to him.
“Well that doesn't sound too bad, come on.” she giggled and kissed his lips once before taking his hand and making her way towards the door, taking the stairs. “You must get a work out everyday with these stairs,” she said, going up the second flight.
“Oh my God, you have no idea how bad it is when I forget something and I’m in a rush. I have to run all the way back up and by the time I get to the top I’m too tired to run in and grab it.” he said and she laughed.
Finally reaching the top, Adam unlocked the door for her and she walked in and saw a man standing right beside her.
“Oh my-” she began, clutching her chest in fright.
“Oh, sorry. This is Bruce.” Adam said looking the the man. “He's my at home security guard.” he said and Ava nodded, sighing slowly to calm herself before she laughed.
“Hi, I’m Ava.” she said and the two shook hands.
Bruce was a tall, burly man with an intimidating face, but when he smiled he looked genuine, kind of reminding Ava of her dad. “Nice to meet you,” he said and she smiled in return.
“This way,” Adam said, taking off in a direction while Ava continued to look at the house in wonder. She heard Adam call out to her,
“Not cool, hey?” he asked and she snapped herself out of it, laughing before shaking her head.
“Definitely not.” she agreed joining him in what looked to be a hallway, which opened up into the kitchen and living room.
“Frankie,” he called out, and turned into the living room to see the golden retriever laying on her bed, happily staring up at the two of them with her tail swinging back and forth.
“There you are, pretty girl!” Ava gushed, going to her knees to pet the dog, who licked her hands and arms in return. “Awe well you are just so cute,” Ava took Frankie's face in her hands and stared into the brown eyes and Frankie pushed her nose onto Ava's cheek, making her laugh. “Oh yes you are, you know it too, don't you? You pretty little girl with the adorable eyes-” Ava went on in a mushy voice, rambling nonsense as Adam laughed hard behind her.
“Oh my god! You should hear yourself right now,” he sighed, dropping to his knees to pet Frankie as well.
“I know I sound stupid,” she started. “but she's just so cute!” she exclaimed again, her voice turning sweet.
“She is, she is.” he smiled. Ava sighed, getting herself into vet mode.
“Okay, lets see here...” she rubbed her hands along Frankie's body, feeling for any abnormalities or swelling. “Well, she seems to be doing just fine, she's still on the meds right?” she asked looking to Adam who nodded and got up.
“Yeah, she is. Which is another thing. I’m pretty sure I only have enough for like, another day or so.” he said, going to a cabinet in his kitchen and pulling out the bright blue bottle. “Yeah,” he confirmed, shaking the bottle which rattled.
Ava patted Frankie's head before joining Adam in the kitchen. She took the blue bottle from his hands and looked to it, folding her arms underneath her as she read.
“I can get this filled for you,” she offered, looking up to meet his surprisingly close hazel green eyes. When he didn't say anything she just went on. “I mean, it wouldn't be too hard. I have work tomorrow anyways.” she began to ramble, distracting herself by tossing the blue bottle between her hands. “And then I could drop it off-”
“You really do not see yourself clearly.” Adam said suddenly and she looked to him confused, her hands stopping.
“Huh?” she asked, sitting up straighter and putting the bottle down.
“You don't have any clue.” he said with a small smile.
“I'm still confused.” she said shaking her head and he smiled, and came around the counter to take her hand.
“Come with me,” he said, leading her into another hallway. He turned abruptly and Ava was met with a floor-to-ceiling mirror. Adam turned her so she was in front, and he put his hands on her shoulders, playing with her hair “What do you see?” he asked and she shook her head.
“What do you mean, what do I see? It's a mirror...I see us.” she finished and he chuckled.
“No. I mean, what do you really see?” he asked. “Describe it.” he said in her ear, causing goosebumps to rise up on her skin.
“Uh-I see,” she stammered, embarrassed. “I see us. You and me. Here.” she said shortly. “What do you see?” she asked quietly, turning her head to face him. He brushed a hair out of her eyes and smirked, turning back to the mirror.
“I see, a really lucky guy, standing with a girl so beautiful, she doesn't even see it.” he said sweetly, and Ava blushed, seeing herself and Adam. She had to admit it to herself right then: They looked good together.
“I-Adam I don't know why you keep and telling me this stuff.” she said, a little bit of worry and confusion in her tone.
“I say it so much because I want you to believe it.” he said and she sighed.
“Why?”
“Because you should.”
“For what reason?”
“To be confident in yourself.”
“And what if I’m not?”
“Why aren't you?”
“Why are you asking?”
“Because you said you weren't.”
“No, I said what if.”
“Give me a break,” he laughed shaking his head. “Say it.” he said firmly.
“Say what?” she asked him and he rolled his eyes.
“Say, 'I’m beautiful'.” he said and she shook her head. “I can do it, see, I’m not even afraid.” he walked over into another room quickly and Ava followed.
Adam was on a deck and he yelled out, “I'm beautiful, world!” with his arms wide open.
She laughed hard, leaning against the wall. He returned to her. “See? It isn't hard at all. Come do it with me.” he dragged her over while she was still laughing. “Come on!” he urged. “Promise me you will,” he said, looking to her with big eyes, pleading her.
She sighed and rolled her eyes. “Why do I even agree?” she asked herself as Adam smirked.
“Ready? One, two, three!” he said and she laughed before she mumbled,
“I'm beaut-fvivns” she said quietly, the rest of the word fading out.
“Ava!” he scolded. “You can do way better.” he said moving behind her and taking her hands into his so he could extend her arms. “Ready, I’ll say it with you. One, two, three,”
“I'm beautiful!” he yelled out, louder than her still, but she had said it a little more powerfully.
“Ava! You know what? I’m going to punish you.” he decided, and he began tickling her sides and she squirmed laughing.
“No, no, stop.” she gasped as he smiled and did as he was asked. “I'll do it.” she said. “And I'll be loud.”
“Good. Ready? One, two...three!”
“I'M BEAUTIFUL!” they both yelled out to the trees and neighbouring houses, arms raised outwardly.
She was laughing. “Oh my god! That feels...”
“Good.” Adam finished for her. “See? It's good to be a little confident Av,” he said and she smiled and nodded a little.
“I guess so.” she agreed.
“Why were you so shy anyways?” he asked and she shrugged.
“Previous boyfriends, mean girls in school...You know..” she trailed with a shrug and Adam frowned.
“Well they were wrong.” he said and she smiled, blushing. “Don't lose that blush though,” he said carefully as he stroked her cheek.
She pouted. “I don't think I could even if I tried.” she said and he smiled.
“Well don't try. You don't need to.” he said and she sighed, looking out onto the trees and houses.
“It's so open out here.” she said. “Like I can actually breathe.” she took a deep breath and Adam nodded. “Kind of like being back home. No skyscrapers or highways or anything like that...Just fresh air and peace.” she said wistfully.
Ava didn't really know when it happened, but the next thing she knew Adam was kissing her. Instead of pulling away in confusion, she went with it, kissing him back. She felt his hands tighten on the small of her back, his fists closing around the fabric of her dress. Ava had looped her arms around his neck and had tangled her fingers in his hair.
He pulled away and Ava hoped he didn't notice the goosebumps on her arms.
She didn't ask him why he did that, but let herself be tugged along behind him instead. He opened the door to a large room, where there were several electric and acoustic guitars. As well as a piano and a drum kit. Adam closed the door quietly while Ava looked around the room.
“You have Gibson's? No way,” she gasped, smiling and looking at the guitars. “Could I?” she asked looking like a star struck child. He chuckled .
“Sure, go ahead.” he said and she smiled, picking up one of the acoustics. She balanced it against her body, picking the strings quickly as she looked amazed by the sounds. “Amazing.” she murmured. She put the guitar back and saw the electrics. “I've never actually tried one of those...” she trailed. Adam gaped.
“Seriously? God, Ava where have you been all this time? Here, I’ll show you.” he said, picking one up and handing to her and then getting one himself. He walked her to where there were two stools and a plug in system. They plugged themselves in and Adam showed her the basics.
“It's just like an acoustic, except with more barre chords and picking. And it sounds fucking awesome,” Adam smirked as she laughed.
They played for a little while, Adam giving her pointers every now and then. Ava eventually drifted from the guitar over to the piano where she laughed at herself while playing 'Mary had a little lamb' and then messing up.
Adam shook his head, going to sit on the piano bench. “Come here,” he said, pulling her into his lap. She sat down, leaning back into him as he told her, “Put your fingers like this,” he placed them about the keys for her before resting his on top and playing, their fingers glued together.
Ava's fingers slipped several times under his, and she would just laugh, leaning her head back against Adam's shoulder in frustration. “Oh my god I’m so bad at this!” she exclaimed, laughing as Adam smiled.
“Keep going, you're fine. Just watch my hands.” he instructed calmly.
“Well I would except your hands are moving super fast,” she replied back, trying to keep up with his skilled fingers.
Adam's laughter shook her. “Don't worry about it,” he said without a care. “it's okay to mess up.”
“I guess I must be doing great then,” she nodded as her finger slipped off the key again.
“Actually, not bad for someone who hasn't played before.” he said realistically. “I've seen a lot worse. Believe me.” he said in a tired tone.
They fell quiet as Adam guided her hands still, and then brought the soft song to a close.
They were still silent as the last of the notes rung out in the piano, and Ava flipped her hands over so she could twine her fingers with Adam's. She smiled a bit before getting up and wandering around the room. She touched the surface's of the microphone curiously before moving on to look at the guitars once again.
Adam wished he could be with Ava all the time. Because he wasn't Adam Levine, The Voice coach, or Adam Levine rock star, he was just Adam with her. She didn't like him for his TV show or his band's success, it was just him she liked. Maybe it had been the concert that brought them together, but he could tell she wasn't in it for the recognition of being his girlfriend. Adam knew that dating a common girl like Ava might shock some of his family and friends, when they were so used to seeing him with actresses and models, but he didn't mind. Dating someone who wasn't famous was a breath of fresh air. They could make time for him more easily, and they only had to deal with his paparazzi and not hers. He didn't have to try for her. And she didn't need to try for him. Adam had gone almost so long without dating anyone normal, he now stared at Ava in awe of her normality and how ordinary, but also how extraordinary she was at the same time.
Ava was now at the black piano, running her hand along the edge of it while Adam stared at her.
She didn't have to be a model or and actress to be beautiful-she already was. And the other thing was that she didn't even see it. And that enhanced her beauty so much more. He dated girls who flat out knew they were beautiful, knew they were stunning, and so often it would be their big headedness that would drive Adam away from them. But not Ava. Ava had no clue she was a knockout and she had no clue she was the perfect kind of girl for anyone.
He couldn't see why anyone wouldn't want to have her around.
Adam had stood now, and in doing that Ava looked at him curiously.
“Everything okay?” she asked him, concern in her tone. He smiled weakly.
“I'm fine. How are you?” he asked and she chuckled a bit.
“Not too bad.” she replied. “You know I never thought I’d get to do this you know...” she trailed and Adam stepped a bit closer to her.
“Do what?” he asked and she shrugged.
“For once in my life...Things are actually working. My job, my house, my relationship,” she laughed softly, her eyes flickering to him. “It's like everything is balancing out.” she smiled. “And I like it this way.” she finished with a sigh and Adam nodded in agreement, slipping an arm around her waist and pulling her in.
She put her hands on his chest before feeling her way up to his shoulders. While they kissed Ava got the chills run through her body and wished that would stop happening-it was embarrassing. Then Adam was closing his fists around the fabric of her dress again while Ava reached up and let her hair out of the bun, which was already falling apart. That gave Adam's hands something to do, knotting his fingers in it when there were two knocks on the door.
Adam shook his head, telling her to ignore it. Ava did so but then there was a third and fourth knock ringing out.
“Adam, your management is on the line,” Bruce's voice came through the door, and Adam turned away for a minute.
“Can't they just leave a message?” he asked irritated and turning back to Ava who smiled sheepishly.
“I'm afraid not. They say it's crucial you speak to them right now.” Bruce said in a firm but also sympathetic voice.
This time Ava pulled back as Adam sighed, running a hand through his hair before walking over and opening the door a bit.
Bruce handed him a phone which Adam put to his ear. “Yeah?” he asked as Bruce left and he closed the door again.
There was speaking on the other line and Adam frowned. “Really?” he asked. “And there's no other way? So I’d have to do it right now?” he asked them before leaning his head back and groaning.
Ava stood, biting her lip as she played with her hands.
“Yeah, whatever. Sure, I’ll be there in the next hour or so. Okay. Bye.” Adam hung up and sighed.
“You have to go.” Ava stated and he nodded, looking to her apologetically. “Don't worry about it. I understand.” she said walking towards him.
“Doesn't make me feel any better.” he said with a frown and she smiled and shrugged.
“You're doing the best you can Adam, feel better about that.” she said lightly and he looked to her.
“I am so glad I met you.” he said with a laugh and she smiled, looking away.
“Well I can say the same,” she said looking back to him. Adam took her hand, winding their fingers together.
“Come on, I’ll walk you out.” he said jerking his head towards the exit, and she nodded as he led her to the door.
She stopped at the stairs. “Here is fine, so they you don't have to run back up.” she said and he smiled.
“Ava, you're worth it.” he said, pulling her down the stairs with him.
She smiled, shaking her head as they reached her car. She opened the door, putting her purse inside and her keys while Adam waited. “Okay, so I guess I’ll see you later-” she said turning around but before she could finish Adam had captured her lips in a crushing kiss, and she leaned against the frame of her car for support.
He pulled back with a serious look. “I really am sorry.” he said earnestly and she smiled.
“Although you didn't need to, apology accepted.” she said with a small smile.
“I'll call you,” he promised as she got in, and he closed the door for her. She smiled at him through the open window.
“I'll wait by the phone,” she said, starting her car and he chuckled while she backed out, her car then disappeared behind the winding corners of his driveway and Adam sighed before dragging himself back up those stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! So there was chapter! Like it? Yes, no? Leave comments cause I honestly LOVE them!
P.S-Can anyone help me navigate through Mibba?
I need to know how to space my lines when copying and pasting into the 'new chapter' box as well as how to italicize, bold, and underline!
If any of you lovely people could give me a hand I would be VERY happy! Thanks again!
~WritingGurl101