Status: hi

Kissing In Cars

5

11 AM

I woke up with my head resting on Vic’s chest. He was still sleeping peacefully and I wonder what that kiss meant to him, and what he really meant by I love you. We’ve kissed a few times before and said I love you but last night was different. I’ve always thought about having a relationship with Vic, sometimes we go to close to it, but we cower away from it since we don’t want to ruin our friendship if ever we break up.
But what if he’s the one, how will we ever know if we’re too scared. Besides if we love each other so much what is there to be scared of?
Vic wakes up and smiles, he is so beautiful it hurts. “What are you thinking?” He asks.
“Us.” I tell him.
He holds me and plays with my hair. “We’re Vic and Aly, Aly and Vic. I love you and you love me. What’s the thing to think about us?”
“What if, what if we were together, together? Like relationship together?” I ask him looking at his brown eyes.
“Would you want to be together, together?” He asks.
“I don’t know I want to give it a shot.” I tell him.
“Then Alyson Hart will you be my girlfriend?”
“Of course you silly fool.” I tell him crushing my lips into his.

600 Days Before

I’ve met Vic for months now but today is the first time I’m going to his house. There would be a party and his parents are going to be there. I dress up in a long sleeved dress and wore some make up to make myself look presentable.
My mother drives me to their house at 6 PM sharp. I ring the doorbell greeted by Vic’s mother.
“Good evening ma’am.” I tell her bowing in the process. I was conscious of everything going around me.
“Good evening you must be,” Mrs Fuentes says right at time as Vic arrived.
“This is Alyson, my best friend.” Vic says with a huge smile as I shake his mother’s hand.
“Best friends your ass.” Vic’s younger brother, Mike, says.
“Watch your mouth Michael.” His mother warns.
“Whatever.” He says.
“Come in sweetie, the parties at the garden.”

After Vic introduced me to some people and eating he brought me to his room. It felt like home, my mother never allowed me to put stickers and posters or even paint my wall so I felt jealousy when I saw the walls filled up with posters and sprayed with paint to write down beautiful words.
“Your room is beautiful.” I tell him touching the part where he painted on the words Don’t you think if it’s meant to be it will be? Don’t you think things will work out eventually?
“Thanks.” He says. He puts on a vinyl record of The XX and turns up the volume. He lies down on bed and pats the spot next to him. “Lay down with me.”
I lay down next to him, music filling up the room. For a whole song we just lay there letting the music take over.
“I’ve honestly never met anyone as awesome as you.” He says, inching closer our shoulders touching.
“You’re pretty much the most decent man I’ve met in the entire men population.” I tell him, our hand entwined now.
“It’s different, you know. Having someone who feels the same way as you do, not being alone.”
“That feeling that you belong? Knowing that somebody else has been through the same shit as you’ve been?”
“Exactly.” He says.
Vic takes off his shirt, thin cuts lining up his upper arms. “Before, I didn’t know where I belonged. I’ve always been picked on by other kids, bigger kids, kids who think they know better. I’ve always thought it won’t get better. I would lock myself in my room and blast music. At the age of thirteen I started to hurt myself. I’d rather hurt myself that cry because crying means you’re weak, crying isn’t for boys. I started drinking too, because I wanted to forget because I needed to forget. People in school made fun of me for because everyone thought I had the perfect life, my parents didn’t suspect a thing. They didn’t realize I hurt too, they thought it wouldn’t matter, but I’m not strong enough.”
I haven’t noticed it before but Vic had translucent scars on his arms. I wanted to hug him, hold him, and tell him it’s okay. But I couldn’t since I’m not strong enough for myself how could I be strong enough for the both of us. So I just stared at the wall tears threatening to fall down while I contemplated on whether I should tell him that I hurt myself all the time too. I wanted to tell him to stop. But that would be hypocritical since I couldn’t and don’t want to stop myself. So I kept my mouth shut.
“I want to stop but I couldn’t, Aly do you get how hard it is? How I feel like fucking shit all the time? But Goddamnit you changed that, you gave me reason to keep going, to stop hurting and just start living. You saved me.” He says and we both start crying because we were lost, but we were together.
“I love you.” I tell him.
“I love you too.” He says kissing my forehead.