The Perfect Christmas

The Perfect Christmas

I don’t want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don’t care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas Tree


I sung softly to myself as I made my way up the beautifully decorated red and green stairs to my apartment door. I continued to hum the song as I searched through my bag for my keys. Finally pushing my door open, I threw my bag on the couch and glanced around the apartment.

I took in the large Christmas tree standing in the corner of the lounge room. It had been so heavily decorated that I was surprised the tree hadn’t keeled over yet. I smiled at the memory of decorating the tree with Zayn. Zayn who was now with his family in Bradford and wouldn’t be spending Christmas with me. Frowning slightly I moved towards the kitchen to make myself a hot drink.

I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas
Is you


I continued to sing softly to myself while I stirred the hot chocolate around with the spoon.

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
And I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree


I gasped and dropped the mug of hot chocolate on the floor as a voice began singing behind me. I spun around as my heart thumped wildly from panic. A scream slipped from my lips as I saw Zayn standing at the archway to my kitchen. I stood there eyes wide gaping at him as he smirked at me. He glanced down to the ground at the smashed cup laying across the ground with hot chocolate splashed everywhere.

“I was kind of hoping this would be more romantic,” He said frowning as he walked forward being careful not to step on anything.

“What are you doing here?” I breathed out still in shock, my heart was beating erratically.

“I came back to surprise you.” He shrugged reaching forward to take my hand and pull me away from the mess on the ground.

“Can you not give me a heart attack next time?” I asked hunching my body forward leaning against the counter as my heartbeat calmed down.

“Sorry babe,” He frowned at me before leaning forward and pressed his lips to mine. I immediately pushed him away. He looked at me surprised, hurt flashing across his face. I put a hand against my chest hoping to calm my heart beat still.

“Can you at least wait until I get my breath back before you take it away again.” I gasped out to him. A smile lit up his face as he stepped forward, trapping me against the counter. His hands came up to rest on my hips as his body touched mine in every place possible. I flushed at the closeness.

“I think you’re breathing fine now.” His cut up British accent whispered to me before he pressed his lips to mine softly again. I didn’t push him away this time, instead I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer moving my own lips against his.

“Now that is a much more romantic greeting.” He smiled down at me after we pulled away. I giggled and nudged his nose with mine slightly.

“Why are you so cliché?” I asked him smirking.

“Because you love it,” He whispered against my mouth.

“True,” I hummed back before pressing my lips to his lightly before pulling out his grip. I moved towards the mugs and bent down to pick up the pieces. Zayn bent down next to me and pushed my hands away so he could pick up the hard jagged pieces. I grabbed a cloth to mop the rest up.

“Next time make sure I’m not holding something before you surprise me.” I advised him before leaning over and pressing my lips to his. His hands automatically came up and tugged on my hips pulling me onto his lap on the floor so I was straddling him. I pulled away but stayed where I was, playing with the hairs at the nape of his neck.

“What are you doing here though? Aren’t you supposed to be in Bradford with your family for Christmas?” I asked him confused. He smiled up at me before pressing a kiss to my chin.

“I was, but then my mum told me that she was sick of seeing me mope around so she sent me back here to you.” He told me softly. I blushed slightly. He was moping around without me?

“Did you miss me?” I asked him softly. He pressed his lips to mine instantly. I gasped in shock, he took this chance to push his tongue into my mouth. I couldn’t hold back the few moans that let slip. He had never kissed me like this before. By the time he pulled back I was breathless.

“Does that answer your question,” he muttered to me. I smiled down at him and nodded.

“I missed you too,” I said softly.

He smiled and pushed a strand of my dirty blonde hair behind my ear to stare directly into my eyes. I smiled as his own chocolate orbs captured my green eyes.

“Ashley,” Zayn murmured my name moving his lips closer to mine. I mumbled noises back in response, he smirked at me.

“I love you.” He said before pressing his lips to mine again. This time much more softly. Our lips moved together softly and slowly just enjoying the moment.

“I love you too Zayn.” I murmured back to him the moment he broke apart from the kiss. A large smiled split across his face instantly making my mouth match his.

“So I have a whole night planned. I was thinking we stay up late watching Disney Christmas movies and drinking hot chocolate. While making out of course.” He added winking at me and pressing another kiss to my lips. I giggled at him and shook my head.

“Come on lover boy.” I smirked at him before grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the couch. He set up the movies while I grabbed us both another hot chocolate. I walked back out to the couch to see a movie paused and ready and Zayn laying out a blanket for us. He jumped down in the seat and patted the spot next to him.

I handed him the cups and curled into his side before grabbing my own and watching the start of the movie. Every now and then I could feel Zayn’s lips slide across my head, my cheek or my shoulder while murmuring sweet words into my ear.

“Merry Christmas,” Zayn suddenly whispered into my ear as I slowly began to doze off through our third Christmas movie of the night. Surprised I opened my eyes and glanced towards the clock. It was just past midnight. I twisted in my seat to stare back at him.

“Merry Christmas.” I whispered softly back pressing my lips to his. I smiled into the kiss knowing that this was the most perfect Christmas I had ever had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas!! :D