Status: Brand new and active!!

Far Over The Misty Mountains ...

Getting to know you ...

“Leave that child, we can tidy away later.” Said a kind looking white haired Dwarf, “Let us introduce ourselves.” He stood from the wooden bench, enabling him to reach around the table to point to each Dwarf in turn.

“This is Nori, Ori and Dori” each one nodded kindly to her as their names were reeled off, “Oin and Gloin, Bifur and Bombur”

Calla's eyes widened her gaze settled on the next two dwarves to be introduced, they appeared to be the youngest in the company, with handsome faces, and deep set eyes. As she studied them, the dark haired one of the two leaned over to whisper in the blond's ear, his eyes never leaving her face.

“These are the Oakenshield brothers, Fili ...” The blond one chuckled and leaned across the table, taking Calla's hand in his kissing the back of it softly, before returning to his seat. “And Kili” Kili mimicked his brother's movements, kissing her hand, but he kept his dark eyes fixed on her as a hot, pink blush quickly flooded her normally pale skin at his intense stare.

“Bofur, My brother Dwalin, and I, young lady, and Balin” finished Balin, a twinkling grin lighting up his eyes as he observed the flush that had taken over her face.

Calla gave a coy smile and cleared her throat, “Well I'm Calla Took, and I can safely say it is a pleasure to meet you all. But please, let me clear away a few things and make you gentlemen more comfortable.”

Bofur shook his head, the flaps on his hat jiggling madly. “Nonsense, … you gave mention to a further supply of food, why don't you take the lads here” He indicated the brothers with an open palm “And bring it back, so we can continue in our revels.” a murmur of agreement sounded around the table, and Calla herself felt her stomach rumble quietly at the mention of food.

“Very well, if you gentlemen don't mind giving me a hand?” She started to confirm, quickly realising the brothers had extracted themselves from their place around the table and were standing by her side waiting to follow her.

“Of course not my lady.” Kili murmured, as he nodded his head in a bowing gesture. Calla blushed once again and started towards the door, in an attempt to keep her face covered.

She gave Bilbo a quick hug before leaving, mumbling that she would be back soon. She inhaled a deep breath turning to look at the brothers who were watching her expectantly. 'I can't spend the entire time I talk to them blushing, it's just not done!' she thought to herself as she opened the door behind her, “It's not far, just the other side of the hill. We'll be back in no time.”

****
“So you all live in these holes in the ground?” Kili asked as Calla pushed open her round, purple front door. The home's inner walls were a dark cherry wood with burgundy paint in between, making the main entry way look very long.

She chuckled as she led them down a corridor to the left to a kitchen, that was laid out in almost the same way as the one belonging to Bilbo Baggins.

“Yes, they're quite cosy I assure you. Just the right size for small people such as myself.”

“I'm sure they are, we can hardly stand up in them.” laughed Fili as he too snooped around the hallway, touching ornaments and studying paintings.
“You manage to do so a grand sight better than Gandalf” Calla answered as she started piling dishes high with various morsels from her home made bread rolls to sides of ham and bowls of green vegetables. “Kili, Fili, where are you?” she called, not wanting to search through her entire home to find the pair of mischievous brothers. But they heard her call and quickly came running, holding their arms out to carry the plates of food like pack donkeys.

After she had managed to laden the two dwarves with as much food as they could manage to carry, she grabbed a pair of large clay jugs filled to the brim with red wine, and tucked a few packets of loose tea into a leather satchel she had tied around her hips, and started to lead the trio back to Bag-end, plates and all.

****
The atmosphere in Bilbo's home had changed significantly since the trio had been gone collecting food. The cause of the sombre mood was a large Dwarf that sat at the head of Bilbo's dining rom table. He had a handsome, angular face and long thick, dark hair that contained streaks of silver, with a beard to match. Calla raised an eyebrow at Bilbo as she observed the new comer, the hobbit just shook his head in a defeated manner, and threw himself down into an old arm chair by the door, his head held in his small hands. She moved into the kitchen, placing the jugs down before returning to her cousin's side and wrapping him in a comforting hug.

Fili and Kili soon came around the corner of the pantry, laughing together about their balancing abilities. The stopped when they saw their uncle, their jubilant expressions being replaced by ones of determination. The placed the food on the table before greeting Thorin and resuming their seats.

“Uncle, this is Calla, she is the burglar Baggins' cousin.” Fili started as he saw the Dwarf king hold the young hobbit woman with a steely expression.

“And Calla, this is Thorin Oakenshield. The king of our people.” finished Kili, as he watched Calla walk into the kitchen to find an empty plate and glass. She placed them down in front of the important man, and curtsied slightly at the knee, “Would you care for some wine sir?” she asked politely, indicating the full jugs.

Thorin nodded and thanked her quietly, his voice barely above a rumble. “You must excuse us now my lady, our talk shall not be for ears of innocent young women such as yourself.” He dismissed her, his eyes holding her gaze with equal intensity to his nephew.

Calla was going to object to being cast aside because of her sex, but thought better of it. Making her way into the hallway, and curling up on a chair, pretending to read a book while she secretly listened in to the Dwarves plan, and the occasional objection of Bilbo, who had given up being polite and had let his true interest in the quest start to take over.