Flash Cry.

Memories and resolutions.

Soifon quickly wiped the tears from her eyes; there was no one in the universe who was ever going to see her cry. Yoruichi was leaving again. She never stayed for long these days, she always went back to him, back to Urahara and the human world. Soifon had dedicated her whole life to Yoruichi, dedicated her whole life to trying to be worthy of the princess but she'd clearly chosen that lazy, pathetic man over her. Urahara wasn't even worthy of being in her presence.

Yoruichi had given up everything for him; her positions as the captain of the 2nd squad, captaincy of the Onmitskudio and her title of princess in one of the four greatest noble houses. Without her, the Shihōin house and family fell; Urahara probably didn't even care about the sacrifices she'd made for him but yet she still chose him over Soifon. Soifon had trained her whole life to protect Princess Yoruichi, over a hundred years ago when she was still Shaolin Fēng. She'd spent a over a hundred years of her life dedicated to Yoruichi, she'd thought they were friends, she thought Yoruichi respected her but she was still discarded without a second thought.

She could forgive everything: Yoruichi's devotion to Urahara and their friendship, a friendship apparently greater than the one between her and Soifon. She could forgive Yoruichi leaving for the human world but she would never be able to forgive her for leaving her behind or that she'd left without telling her. Soifon had been abandoned by the only person in the world she loved. Yoruichi was everything to her, she had no family left, there was nothing in the universe more important than her. She loved her, she was only thing in the world Soifon was capable of loving and she'd been tossed aside. People often wondered why Soifon was the way she was, why she was a 'cold-hearted bitch' but what else did they expect? She'd put her whole life into Yoruichi and then she'd left without a word, left without her and didn't return for over a hundred years. Soifon never even got an explanation or an apology.

Tears welled in Soifon's eyes again as she remember the day a hundred years ago when she discovered Yoruichi gone. She hastily brushed away the tears now cascading down her cheeks. Soifon didn't cry, crying was for the weak and no one would ever see her so vulnerable. No one except her. Oh yes, of course Yoruichi had seen her cry before, there were times when she'd even wipe away those tears for her and comfort her but like everything else that time was gone now too. Yoruichi was harder towards her, colder, like she didn't even know Soifon; as if Soifon hadn't spent her whole life at Yoruichi's side. Or maybe it was the other way around. Soifon had tried to close off her heart towards Yoruichi, tried to forget about her instead focusing on making herself stronger than her former mentor in the hopes that if Yoruichi ever did return Soifon could show her she didn't need her. Unfortunately things didn't go that way. When Yoruichi finally did return, during the ryoka invasion of all times, all those memories came flooding back and she broke down at Yoruichi's feet. Still there was no apology and nor did she expect one at this stage.

Soifon was trying to forgive and forget but it was hard. She begrudged Urahara for taking Yoruichi away but now she should try to focus on being happy with her when she came back, even though she never came for long. She'd leave now and no one knew when again she'd return. Brushing away the last of her tears and composing herself, Soifon went to say goodbye to the only person she'd ever love but who didn't love her in return.