Il Mio Bellissimo Angelo

Chapter 2

Melinda’s POV
*9 months pregnant*

I was nearing the end of my pregnancy, and so far nothing has gone wrong. Angel was still healthy and I had had no issues regarding my condition. But somewhere in the pit of my stomach, I just knew that something was going to go wrong.

I was sitting on the living room couch as Emily was in the kitchen making lunch. Out of nowhere I felt a sharp pain in my lower stomach. Letting out a groan, my hand immediately shot up to my stomach. I took a deep breath and slowly got up and then waddled over to the kitchen.

“Emily…” I groaned in pain as I rounded the corner so that I was standing in the doorway. My hands were grasped around my stomach tightly, in fear of Angel’s life.

“Melinda, are you okay?” Emily started to question while she turned to face me. “Are you-?” She cut herself off when she looked at me. Her eyes widened as she quickly came over to my side, “Oh My God! Your bleeding, we have to get you to the hospital.”

She wrapped her arm around my waist and started to lead me over to the door. She left me alone for a bit so she could get her purse that contained her keys and phone, along with our coats. I didn’t notice much as she took me down the stairs and to the car. I had practically blocked everything out after Emily had said that I was bleeding. All I could think was that Angel was going to die before I even met her.

It was at that point that I blacked out.

Image

FF: to the hospital = 3rd Person POV

Emily noticed that Melina had passed out so she put her foot harder against the pedal. She didn’t want to lose her best friend or her friend’s baby.

When she arrived at the hospital, she ran inside and alerted the nurses to the situation. Nurses and Melinda’s doctor quickly ran out the door with a stretcher. Once they loaded her up they wheeled her down the hall towards an operating room.

Melinda started to come around as they were getting ready to perform a c-section. She started to mentally freak out as she feared for her daughter.

Please, please keep my daughter safe. I will do anything in order to keep my daughter and I alive. Anything. She silently prayed to herself.

She heard a chuckle from somewhere in the room and took a look around, only to see that everyone was gone leaving her alone. She sat up in the bed and looked around her.

Melinda realized that she was sitting on the bed in the middle of a dark room. The only source of light was a kind of spot light that was just located over her.

“Would you real do anything to keep yourselves alive?” A male voice spoke out from the darkness.

Melinda’s head snapped in the direction of the voice and saw a pair of red eyes staring at her intently. Staring into those eyes sent fear down her spine and she almost said no, but then she thought about her baby. If she said no to this mysterious man right now, then there is going to be a very big chance that either she or the baby or even both of them could die.

Melinda nodded her head, “yes. I would do anything.”

A man stepped out of the shadows with a smirk on his face. “Good,” and magically a piece of paper appeared in his hand. “Now all you have to do is sign your daughter over to me.” His red eyes shined and an evil smirk appeared on his face.

Melinda gasped and raised her hands to her stomach and started to shake her head. “No,” she whispered in disbelief, “no. I will do anything but that.”

His eyes narrowed as a low growl escaped his mouth. “If you both want to survive then you have to agree. But don’t worry, I won’t come to collect her until she turns 21,” he informed Melinda in a stern tone, “and then she will be mine.”

Melinda had to take a couple of minutes to think about what he was proposing. If she said no, everything could go wrong. But if she said yes, she would get to spend 21, hopefully, great years with her daughter. As she weighed the pros and cons of each choice she realized that there was only one option for her and her daughter.

“Alright, I’ll sign the contract,” she responded confidently.

The man smirked again and walked over to her before handing over the paper along with a pen. “Good choice. Now just sign on the dotted line.” He instructed as he handed the items over.

Melinda reached over and grabbed the items from his outstretched hands. She rested the paper in her lap and quickly signed her signature at the bottom of the page, in what looked like blood. When she finished, she handed them back to him and watched him nod his head.

“Perfect Melinda, I’ll see you in 21 years,” he reminded as he turned to walk away. But Melinda had one question for him.

“Wait!” She yelled out causing him to stop and turn his head so he was looking at her over his left shoulder. “What’s your name?”

His eyes shined red again and an evil smirk displayed itself on his face. “My name is Lucifer.” And with that, he disappeared.

Melinda’s mouth dropped in shock and tears of fear started to fall down her cheeks. She could not believe it, she could not believe that she just signed over her daughter’s life to the devil himself. How was she supposed to live with herself for the next 21 years knowing that her daughter would eventually be in his hands.

The light above her went out and when Melinda woke up, she was laying in a hospital room. She blinked a couple of times to adjust to the light. When she could see better she took a quick look at her surroundings. Melinda could feel the tugging of the needle in her hand as she looked over to her right and saw Emily sleeping in the chair at Melinda’s bedside.

“Emily…” Melinda croaked due to her dry throat.

Emily stirred in her sleep until her eyes fluttered open. She looked over at Melinda and gasped when she saw her eyes open. “Hey, how are you feeling?” She questioned as she got up and went to the bedside.

“I’m fine,” her eyes all of a sudden widened. “Where’s Angel? Is she okay?” Melinda rambled and shot out quick questions.

Emily rose her hand to silence her and she had a small smile on her face. “She is fine, and beautiful.” She informed her, “I’ll get a nurse to bring her to you.”

Melinda watched as Emily rushed out of the room. She prayed that what Emily said was true and that Angel was perfectly healthy. In the back of her mind she remembered the deal that she had made with Lucifer, but now she wasn’t sure if it was a dream.

She was shaken from her thoughts when Emily walked back into the room, a nurse pushing a bassinet behind her. Melinda sat up straight in her bed as a smile stretched across her face.

“Would you like to meet your daughter?” Emily asked with tears in her eyes and a smile on her face.

Melinda nodded her head enthusiastically, as the nurse lifted a little pink bundle out of the crib. She removed the oxygen tubes from her nose and reached her arms out as the nurse approached her. As Melinda took her baby girl into her arms, she couldn’t stop the tears from falling down her cheeks. She brought a finger up and ran it down the baby’s chubby cheek.

“My sweet little Angel,” Melinda murmured as she placed a kiss on her forehead.

As Melinda held her daughter in her arms, she completely forgot about the deal with the devil that she had made. But the figure that was watching her from the darkness, eyes focused in on the baby, did not. And after setting his sights on her, he knew he would never forget.