Status: slow updates lovelys

You Can't Change Fate

James you PRAT!

Maranay rested her head on Sirius’s chest. The dim light of the day was breaking through the tower’s windows. She could hear birds singing; the trees swaying and a pitched laugh that soundly like Auro.

“When is the full moon again?” Maranay asked. Sirius shifted a little then settled again.

“Two weeks, Remus is…” He trailed off, voice stopping altogether.

“Not thrilled.” Maranay finished for him. Ever since Remus was changed he never liked transforming. Even with his friends there for him. Sirius ran his fingers through Maranay’s hair; his heart was beating slow and quiet. These were some of their favorite times. When they could escape the world and just be together. Maranay head Sirius breathe deeply, felt his chest rise and fall and knew he was going to say something.

“Mara, I-“

“Shh,” She held up a finger. Her mouth formed a line and she bent her head so she could hear. Sirius moved for his wand, the blanket wrapped around them fell. Maranay stuck up her finger again, signally Sirius to stop. She turned her head slightly and with a quick and silent spell called her wand from her discarded robes.

“Accio James’s glasses” She called. A grunt followed by a pair of round, black glasses came through the tower’s entrance. Then James came into the tower, his hair a mess on top of his head and his cheeks bright red. He rubbed his nosed where the glasses scratched them. Sirius was trying to hide a smile while Maranay glared at James.

Maranay pulled the blanket around herself, “Potter.”

“Oi, Mara. Could’ve just said, ‘Come out, come out wherever you are,’ may I have my glasses back. Please.” Maranay wrapped the blanket more securely around herself, then handed James his glasses. He thanked her and put them on. James and Sirius both shared a smile while Maranay continued to glare at James.