The World is Ugly

The World is Ugly

Gerard felt the most comfortable in Frank's arms. He felt safe and warm and like he was loved. He didn't feel that way most places. Being on stage a lot in the past several years made him much less self-conscious, but he still felt like he was absolutely worthless sometimes.

He and Frank lay together in Frank's bed. Frank wrapped his arms around Gerard, and they snuggled together. Frank suddenly shifted around so he could see Gerard's face.

"Hey, Gee?" Frank sounded anything but sure of himself.

"Yeah, Frankie?"

"What are you thinking about?" Frank sounded genuinely curious, he always sounded interested in what was on Gerard's mind.

"Nothing much, like usual. Mostly you." Frank smiled at this.

"Anything else?" As though Frank thought he couldn't be the center of anyone's thoughts. Gerard proved him very, very wrong.

"Yeah, something else. I've been thinking about how the world is really ugly."

'Here we go' thought Frank. Gerard was about to go on one of his rants.

"The planet itself is just fine, that's not what I mean by that. It's just that society is terrible. People doing terrible things for money, making the world an awful place to be. I hate it so much sometimes. I hate how almost nothing is ever done just for art or love, or because it's right thing to do."

"That's very true. And to think that all of that is humanity's fault is a sucky thought."

"Yeah. We're just ruining this place. It's like was given to us, like an experiment to see if we could run a planet. It's like we have one job, and we suck at it!"

Frank thought about this. What Gerard said was so true. The world being jacked up was one reason he didn't eat meat, he didn't want to screw the world up anymore.

Frank leaned up to put his lips to Gerard's. Gerard returned the action. Gerard was bummed that his and Frank's cuddling had turned into one of his rants.

"I know that the world is ugly Frank, but I hope you know that you are beautiful to me." With that, Gerard touched his lips to the tip of Frank's nose. Feeling tired from ranting, Gerard fell asleep quickly, Frank's head still against his chest. Frank snuggled in closer to Gerard's chest.

"I know, Gee. I think you're beautiful too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, y'all! I hope you guys enjoy the one-shot! I'll be back soon with an update for "One's Demented Run". Thanks you guys! I hope you like it Bailey! :D
-*AnaYourResidentKilljoy*