Status: This is a work in progress but I am updating as much as I can.

The Dead Are Living

So with all do respect tell me what is death if life is just a bitch?

ANGELO’S POV:

I woke up to a loud repeated crashing sound and October screaming. Whe my eyes opened I saw the house was a disaster and Mitch looked like evil incarnate. When things caught on fire I busted the window out and ushered them all out of the house. Now me and her were in Chris’s living room huddled together on the little couch. She was shivering now but refused to sleep. She was staring into the shadows fearfully and pressing into my side.

“It’s gonna be okay October.”

“No its not.” she whispered. “I was asking him for help… but maybe the voice was right.” she said and winced.

“What voice?” I asked concerned.

“This voice inside my head that talks to me. It started after Craig put me in the hospital. It tells me things like it says that I am a fat whore and I told Mitch that it said that you and Mitch were going to turn out like him and that my brother didn’t want me around and that not any guy or even my brother would want me around.” she whispered. I stared at her in shock but I could tell it wasn’t a story and I knew she wasn’t… mentally ill. “I’m not crazy!” she cried and buried her face in my side. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the side of her head.

“I know you’re not. I know.” I whispered. “That is just a lot to process. I would never hurt you. I wont let anyone hurt you either. You cant believe it.” I kissed the side of her head again and put my head on her shoulder. She winced and whimpered. “Is it talking to you now?” I asked and she nodded her head slightly. “What is it saying?”

“You’re lying it says.” she whispered and looked up at me with bloodshot eyes. “I don’t want to listen to it anymore but it wont go away.”

“I want to help you. I don’t know what to do though.” I sighed frustrated and raked my fingers through my hair. This ‘voice’ was tormenting her. I couldn’t hear it but I knew it was. It was talking about me and fuck that pissed me off almost more than anything other than it completely ruining October. I think it already got to Mitch.

“You cant. I don’t even know the things name.” she groaned and put her forehead on my shoulder. “It isn’t here all the time though. There are quiet periods.”

“How do they start?” I whispered and tilted her head up to look at me. “Do you know?”

“No.” she whispered.

“Why was it talking about me? And Mitch and Max? Did it talk about anyone else?”

“No… just you three. Max because he is my brother and the only family member I have left. Mitch because he is my closest friend… still even though he torched my house. You because…”

“Because?”

“Because…” she trailed off and closed her eyes. “Let me enjoy this a little more longer.” she said and wrapped her arms around me resting her head under my chin. “I like this. I haven’t been this close to a person… a living person is so long and I thought that I was afraid of human contact. I wouldn’t even let Max hug me after the hospital.”

“Why do you let me?” I asked and leaned back to look at her. she sighed in defeat and sat up straight but leaned close like she was telling me a secret.

“It was talking about you because… I am starting to like you enough that it notices.” she murmured and kissed my cheek. That little kiss on the cheek punched the air from my lungs and I started smiling like the true idiot I am. “I don’t want it to be right.”

“It’s not.” I said and pulled her onto my lap. “It never will be.”

“I believe you Angelo.” she murmured and put her head back on my shoulder. After a couple of minutes she was dead asleep. I moved carefully so that I was laying on the couch and she was on top of me. I wont let that mother fucking voice be right.

“Angelo I am glad she told you.” Mitch said softly and appeared in a dark corner.

“What in the fuck happened to you in that house Mitch?” I asked and smoothed October’s hair. “You could’ve killed us.”

“I know.” he whispered. “I couldn’t control it. Hearing that I am not the only one haunting her just pissed me off so much that I couldn’t control my anger and I hurt you guys. It is evil and I know it but somehow I never noticed that anything was wrong. I didn’t mean to light the house up and almost trap you guys completely.”

“There is something else haunting her?”

“Yes that voice is… a ghost but it isn’t strong enough to show up like I can but it can talk to her. You need to stay with her Angelo. She trusts you like she trusts her brother Max.” he said sadly and appeared next to us. “Give her this when she wakes up.” he said and handed me a black envelope.

“Where are you going Mitch?”

“Away… not forever but what I did is inexcusable and I need to... leave. I am not leaving forever but while I am gone she is going to need you.”

“Mitch don’t fucking leave her. That will hurt her worse than the house fire.”

“I know but it will hurt me even more. Don’t leave her Angelo.” he said and backed into the shadows then disappeared. It immediately felt colder and emptier in the room and I tightened my arms around her sleeping body.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh yes I did but it sets the stage for a few bombs im gonna drop on your guys' beautiful minds :)

~

Title Credit: Falling In Reverse- Sink Or Swim