Status: This is a work in progress but I am updating as much as I can.

The Dead Are Living

You play like violins in a broken ***ing symphony

MITCH’S POV:

“What have I done?” I gasped as the fire hoses sprayed water into the house and put out the fires I had caused. I knew that subconsciously I had gotten her important stuff out of the way but in the end that wouldn’t matter as much to her as the fact that I had turned her house into a bon fire. I felt my anger slipping away quickly and being replaced by horror and sorrow.

I looked out the window and saw her glaring up at me as she wrapped her arms around Angelo and Max and they fallowed Chris to his house. I fallowed in the shadows making them unable to see me and sat in a really dark corner of Chris’s living room. I smiled sadly when she found her cameras. When her and Angelo were alone she confided in him what she had told me and he did his best to comfort her.

I felt my heart burst with happiness when she kissed him. She was moving on from the terror and heartbreak that Craig had given her. She fell asleep on his lap and that is when I made myself known. “Angelo I am glad she told you.” I said softly and he jumped slightly.

“What in the fuck happened to you in that house Mitch?” he asked and smoothed October’s hair with his hand while the other tightened on her waist. “You could’ve killed us.”

“I know.” I whispered and felt a strange pain hit my un-beating heart. “I couldn’t control it. Hearing that I am not the only one haunting her just pissed me off so much that I couldn’t control my anger and I hurt you guys. I didn’t mean to light the house up and almost trap you guys completely.”

“There is something else haunting her?”

“Yes that voice is… a ghost but it isn’t strong enough to show up like I can but it can talk to her. You need to stay with her Angelo. She trusts you like she trusts her brother Max.” I said sadly and blinked to the place right next to them. “Give her this when she wakes up.” I said and handed him a small envelope that had all I wanted to say to her written on it.

“Where are you going Mitch?” he asked as his eyes widened.

“Away… not forever but what I did is inexcusable and I need to punish myself. I am not leaving forever but while I am gone she is going to need you.”

“Mitch don’t fucking leave her. That will hurt her worse than the house fire.”

“I know but it will hurt me even more. Don’t leave her Angelo.” I whispered and backed into the shadows then disappeared. I don’t know how I am going to do this but I will. I need to stay as far away from her as out bond will allow. At first this would hurt her but hopefully in time she will move on and forget me… not likely but I can hope. If she does forget me then I will never bother her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Motionless In White