Status: This is a work in progress but I am updating as much as I can.

The Dead Are Living

The price we pay for the gift we never wanted and cant return

OCTOBER'S POV:

‘No you probably don’t.’ the voice sneered. ‘He doesn’t love you and he never will. Hey here’s an idea why don’t you go slit your wrists like a good little bitch. Mitch left you and sure he wrote all of that stuff but he was just talking sweet. No one wants you around.’

“What is that?” Kuza whispered and stared at me.

“October what is he talking about?” Angelo asked.

“Just go away.” I whimpered. “I don’t want you here and you are nothing but lies and-”

‘And what?! Mitch left AFTER he almost killed you! It is only a small amount of time until the same thing happens with Angelo! Fuck you are so stupid! Craig almost killed you and then Mitch the next person in line is Angelo and you know what they say third time is the charm!’

“Stop!” I cried and covered my ears. “He wont do it!”

“October ignore it!” Kuza yelled and grabbed my hands then held them down at my sides so I couldn’t scratch at my ears anymore. “Whatever in the fuck it is you are not the only one with that annoying fucking voice in your head. I have one to. Trust me I know what you are going through but it isn’t true.”

“Could you hear what he said?” I whispered and glanced back at Angelo who was staring at me with teary eyes. Everyone else was still like they had no idea what just happened or what they were supposed to do.

“Yes and you’re right.” he said and put his cold hand on my cheek. “Angelo isn’t a bad man and he would never hurt you. I don’t know what happened between you and Mitch but I bet he didn’t mean to and Craig can suck my dick. He doesn’t matter but you and I both know that Angelo would never hurt you.”

“It was talking about me again?” Angelo asked quietly. I nodded and buried my face in my hands and he pulled me onto his lap and started rocking us back and forth. “Shshshsh… October don’t cry don’t worry. Please.”

“I-I cant do this anymore Angelo. It is ripping my heart out and I cant do this for the rest of my life. It is getting worse and worse and worse every time it shows up.” I cried into his shoulder and he buried his face against my shoulder. I heard Max gasp and someone growl deep in their throat. It was Angelo.

“Don’t say that.” he said and looked at me. “Do not even think about believing that motherfucker. I wont hurt you okay. This is really early to say this seeing as we aren’t even dating but I fucking love you and I wont hurt you okay. That thing is feeding you lies.” He kissed me and then leaned our foreheads together and looked at me. “Don’t believe that thing.” he whispered.

“It’s not that simple Ange.” Kuza whispered and we all looked at him. He was a bit older than me so maybe he knew what in the hell was going on. “This voice is like the devil that sits on our shoulders and it will be there for the rest of our lives. It is the price we pay for the gift we never wanted and cant return.”

“Well then what am I supposed to do with this?”

“Ignore it. Remember that its purpose is to make you want to die and it shows up after your first near death experience. I have had mine since I was in elementary school and I almost drowned. I am guessing yours was because of Mabbitt. It is just a personification of your fears. What sucks though is that it is a real being that used to be like you and me.”

“Does it get better?” I asked.

“Yes. When you learn to tune it out. Where is your guardian?”

“What guardian?” I asked and scrunched my nose up.

“A being that protects you. It draws energy from you and you draw from it.” He said. “We all have different ones. Mine’s name is Tobias.”

“The only ghost that stuck around you was Mitch.” Angelo said.

“Yeah well he fucking left me.” I mutterd bitterly.

“He’ll be back soon then. Him being gone is putting you in danger so he’ll feel it.” Kuza said and reached behind him and got a little bag. “Anyways… why I am here. Chris told me that his neighbor girl lost pretty muchall of her things in a fire and out of the goodness of my cold heart I wanted to help the mystery girl out. I am guess that was you. I got what I could together.”

“Thank you.” I said and took it from him. I crawled around him and opened the suitcase. He looked over my shoulder and laughed when he saw my… lady stuff as Max had put it.

“Let me guess… Sola’s work?”

“Hey it wasn’t just me.” Devin said defensively. “Kylie helped me with that!”

“And I thank you both.” I laughed and folded the couple articles of clothing that I had into my suitcase. “Actually thank you all for everything.”

“Your welcome.” Ricky said and stretched out a little.

“May I have my camera back?” I asked him. He leaned forward and as soon as I got it I turned it on and took a picture of everyone. It was a funny picture. Max was mid yawn and everyone else looked exhausted. Balz’s eyes were wide open. I stiffened when I saw Kuza though. His eyes were black and behind him was a shadow. “You said you weren’t a demon.” I choked out.

“Hmm? Oh I’m not. Your eyes would do that to if you had your picture taken.”

“Mom never did take pictures of her because she either had black eyes or blood red ones.”

“Thanks Max.” I grumbled.

“Well I think everyone was afraid of that not to mention you talked to yourself but in the end that turned you into a photographer to rival others.” he said and kicked back. “By the way did you notice the weird shit going on with Angelo’s eyes in that picture of him?”

“What?” Angelo asked as I opened the picture up.

“Tell me when you see it.” Max said. We all huddled around the picture. Me and Kuza were analyzing every pixel. It was hard to see but the was a grey glaze over his eyes and a shadow around his eyes that wasn’t there when you just looked at him. “You see it yet?”

“Yeah.” I said quietly. “Ange sit still and keep your eyes open.” I said and took a quick picture but in this his eyes were pitch black and there was a shadow around him. “Wow.”

“Well then… um… I still stand by my saying he isn’t a bad guy… despite the fact that he is a demon.”

“I am not a demon.” Angelo huffed and crossed his arms.

“Look at this.” I showed him the picture and his face paled. “It doesn’t change who you are Angelo… and you have black eyes not red so you aren’t a pure blood like the thing that was in the kitchen.”

“Thing? Miss lady I am not a thing.” The demon huffed and appeared in the corner of a room. “I am a well bred demon and I take offense to being called a thing.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo... I dunno really but here is another update :)