Status: This is a work in progress but I am updating as much as I can.

The Dead Are Living

I'll carry you, away from the fire

“I may have lost my sanity to my darkness but I will not lose my daughter to hers. I am not a good dad but I cant let her die. It isn’t the right time. On one specific day this year she will die and rise again as a demon like me and you but that day is not right now.” He held her head on place on his wrist as she started hacking. “Go let your friends in.” he said softly. I crawled over to the door and opened it for them.

“Where’s Mitch?” I asked.

“He was to weak to stay visible.” Kuza said and kneeled next to the demon holding October. “Is this going to save her?”

“Yes.” He said and took his wrist away from her. He got up and carried her over to me. I forced myself up but leaned against the wall for support. “Take care of my little girl because she loves you.” He whispered and put her in my arms. Our skin briefly made contact and I felt his deep love for her but also the darkness that was eating away at him. He turned to Balz and smiled softly. He almost looked human. “I wasn’t ever gonna kill you or her. I just wanted to see if she had finally found a place to fit in. I wanted to know if you were truly people that I could trust my daughter with because my time is coming I want to feel that she is safe.”

“What about Max?” Ryan asked. “Don’t you care about him to?”

“Of course but his time will come before mine does and there is nothing I can do to change that.” he said and a bloody tear twisted down his face. “I failed my first child and I will not let it happen again.” then he disappeared.

“Lets go home.” Ricky murmured.

“Where are you and her going Ange?” Chris asked softly and I carried her out the door.

“I am going home with Ricky. Things will be strange when she wakes up and I don’t want to trouble you because something tells me she isn’t going to like being alive still.” I whispered and laid her down in the back of Ricky’s car.
♠ ♠ ♠
hai :)

~

Title Credit: Black Veil Brides