Status: This is a work in progress but I am updating as much as I can.

The Dead Are Living

The most beautiful woman that I’ve ever seen

ANGELO’S POV:

“By good do you mean fun or we will end up running from the police? Because I am not in the right shoes for that.” she said and I laughed pulling her to her feet.

“Can you dance?” I asked and she shook her head. I put my hands on her waist and set her on my feet. “Alright put your hands on my shoulders.” I instructed her and she did. I put my hands on her waist and leaned forward placing a quick kiss on her lips. I started moving us in a slow two step and she kept smiling up at me. I remember the first time I saw her (probably because it was not even two days ago) and she looked like she had never smiled in her life and her green eyes were dull. Now she was always smiling and her eyes were so bright a shade of green that a new person would assume she was wearing contacts.

“What are you looking at?” she giggled and a blush lit her cheeks.

“The most beautiful woman that I’ve ever seen.” I said truthfully and she giggled some more.

“She said boy can I tell you a wonderful thing? I cant help but notice you’re staring at me. I know I shouldn’t say this but I really believe I can tell by your eyes that you’re in love with me.” she sang softly. Hey I know that song.

“Now son I’m only telling you this because life can do terrible things.” I sang back.

“Now most of the time we’d have to much to drink and we’d laugh at the stars and we’d share everything. Too dumb to notice and to dumb to care that love was a story that couldn’t compare.” I noticed that her voice got thicker at the end and sounded almost like she was on the verge of tears… again so I kissed her softer than I had before and lingered there before singing the next verse.

“I said girl can I tell you a wonderful thing? I made you a present with paper and string. Open with care now I’m asking you please you know that I love you. Will you marry me?”

“Now son I’m only telling you this because life can do terrible things. You’ll learn one day I’ll hope and I’ll pray that god shows you differently.” We sang together and she leaned her forehead against mine.

“She said boy can I tell you a terrible thing? It seems that I’m sick and I’ve only got weeks. Please don’t be sad now I really believe you were the greatest thing that ever happened to me.” she sang in a shaky voice. “Lets not let it go like that Angelo… we can make a better life for ourselves.” she whispered.

“My dearest friend if you don’t mind I’d love to join you by your side.” I whispered in her ear and I could feel her whirl wind of emotions slam through me as she remembered how the song went. “Where we can gaze into the stars and sit together now and forever for it is plain as anyone can see that we are simply meant to be.”

“I love you.” she whispered and I kissed the tear off of her cheek.

“And I love you.” I said and picked her up bridal style in my arms. “Lets be going home love… it’s getting early.” She sighed contently and snuggled into my arms. I carefully walked my way through the trees and over the fence with her in my arms. It was strange how since I had found out that I am a demon everything is easier. I don’t trip on shit anymore like I used to because I either know it is there or I go through it like a ghost. She is worried about me and I know it but I will prove to her that I am still me… just a stealthier not as clumsy me.

“You have a beautiful voice.” Sshe said and kissed the side of my neck.

“Thank you… yours is as well.” I said and fought the blush I now had. I walked us up the steps to the apartment and set her down on her feet before unlocking the door and letting us in. Ricky was leaning against the first wall you saw with a little flashlight in his hands and pointed it at us narrowing his eyes. “Uhhh hi Ricky?” I said slowly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi people!
the first song was 'Terrible Things' by Mayday Parade and that second one was the last song in The Nightmare Before Christmas.

~

Title Credit: Mayday Parade