Status: This is a work in progress but I am updating as much as I can.

The Dead Are Living

I couldn't love just anyone, I was created to love just one

Angelo’s POV:

“No!” Mitch yelled and got paler. I was amazed still to see him. It was almost like he was still alive. “One of you has to go get her! Take the necklace with! Please I need her!”

“What is this?” Chris asked and looked at the little star necklace in his hand.

“I am bound to it. She found it. It had been mine and when I died it turns out that I am bonded to that necklace. If she doesn’t have it then I cant be with her and she cant see me unless I want her to and I will lose her. Please don’t let her run. You have no idea how scared she is and Ronnie I know you know what she will do. Do you want Max to go through that again?”

“I’ll get her.” I said and plucked the little necklace out of my friend’s hand and ran out the door after her. When I found her she was sitting in an old abandoned park that me and the guys always went to. She was crying.

“Why are you here?” she whispered brokenly.

“Because Mitch is flipping out. I cant see him right now but when you left he looked like he was getting sick.” I said and sat next to her. I tucked my long hair behind my ear and looked at her. “Are you two dating?”

“No.” she laughed quietly. “We are just friends but he is like my best friend.”

“You aren’t really leaving are you?” I asked and held out the necklace to her. Mitch appeared at her side and looked gaunt now like he was dying of a sickness and his eyes were bloodshot.

“Please take it back.” he whispered. She didn’t know he was there though.

“I should just leave.” she whispered. “I cause Max so much grief and Ronnie to. It is a wonder they are still there but I don’t like causing them all this shit. I don’t want to drag you and your friends into this Angelo. You are all good people and that is why I gave Chris the necklace. Mitch deserves to be happy so he would be better off without me.”

“You’re so wrong October. I am dying.” Mitch cried. “I cant even make you see me anymore.”

“October he is dying.”

“Who?”

“Mitch.”

“Mitch is already dead.”

“I know but you cant see him right now. He needs you as much as you need him.”

“Tell her I am here Angelo. Tell her that I am losing energy.”

“He is sitting next to you but he is getting weaker.” I whispered and handed her the necklace. I lost sight of him but she gasped and put her hand over her mouth. “You see what I mean?”

“Mitch?”

“Thank god.” his voice whispered and I saw a very light shadow show up where he was.

“Lets go back home before they get to worried.” I said and helped her up.

“Can you help me get this thing on.” she asked me and held out the necklace. I took it from her and carefully clasped it behind her neck. “I am sorry Mitch.”

“You didn’t know that would happen.”

“What happened?” I asked.

“Well I am bonded to that necklace and to her.” he shrugged. “I need her energy.”

“Okay then… my friends.” I chuckled and shook my hair out. Why did I feel jealous that they were that close? Mitch was my friend and I didn’t even know October. But it was there.

“Lets go. It is getting late.” Mitch said and I could see him clearly now.

“Wont people see you though?” I asked.

“Nope. Only the people I want to see me will see me but I do suggest not carrying conversations on with me while in public.”

“Yeah woops.” October said and blushed. “But at least we were in LA.”

“They rarely care what you do when you’re in LA.” I said.

“Yeah until you go into Wal-Mart and start sniping people with nerf guns.” she huffed and crossed her arms.

“Alright wild child we should get going. I sense distress at our home.” Mitch laughed and disappeared.

“You sniped people with the nerf guns?”

“It was sooo much fun.” she giggled and looked up at me. She was shorter that all of us but not by much. Her hair was a riot of different colors and she had snake bites. She had a long sleeved shirt on and she had the cuffs pinched in her fingers. She was so… pretty. Wait what? Did I just think pretty? Wow Ange. Man card has been revoked. She turned around and made her way to the sidewalk but tripped on a little rock and yelped. “Ouch my foot! Oh the pain!” she whined dramatically and fell on her side. I laughed and stood over her.

“Piggy back?” I asked and she nodded her head immediately. She stood up and hopped onto my back. I put my hands under her thighs so that she would fall off and started walking the way home. She rested her head on my shoulder and sighed happily. “Comfortable?”

“Uhuh.” she said quietly. “Your hair is soft.”

“Thank you.” I said and blushed. Wow what in the hell was with me today? This is October the girl I didn’t know really who may or may not become someone who worked with us. No fooling around with ‘coworkers’!

I had to admit though… it did feel good to have her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck…. Okay think nasty thoughts! I thought of the most grotesque things possible to will away my… excitement.

Besides she is someone I don’t know and I shouldn’t have feelings for her so why am I all of a sudden thinking just about her?
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Sleeping With Sirens- If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn