Status: in action, please comment though, it inspires me to write more.

Mendelssohn, Motley Crüe, and More Me

Here in Spirit

"Hey, love!" Sammi squealed, hugging me. "Oh, I'm so excited! Can't you just die?" She was fawning over me these days. The boys were on a short tour as of current and I was three months pregnant. Usually, we hung out anyways, no matter if the boys were on tour or not, but not this often. Sammi was coming over every second she could get.

"Yeah." I smiled a little.

"I can't believe it, your first ultrasound?!" She clapped her hands together. "Aren't they supposed to happen earlier and more frequently for first time mothers?"

I opened my mouth to reply but she'd cut me off. I'd never seen her this excited before.

"Oh, it doesn't matter. Let's go!" She walked with me into the car and we set off on our little adventure. "How many sister-in-laws are so close that they actually go to an ultrasound together? Let alone a first ultrasound!" She sighed. "It's a pity it couldn't be CC…not that I'm not thrilled, obviously I am…just…I'd want Jinxx to be there…"

"He's here in spirit." I bit my lip to keep it from trembling. I was honestly very upset that he couldn't be here. It was our first child's first ultrasound…but I knew it was something we couldn't help. He has a job--because even though he loves it, that's what it is--and he needs to do it, if not for his fans and for himself, then for the baby. We kind of need a roof over our heads, and I'm clearly out of commission for a bit.

"So…you and my friend Alisa are both pregnant…" Sammi drew me out of my thoughts after the silence. "And I may have accepted an offer to do a few maternity shots…this clothing company wants a few advertisements and--"

"Since when do you do advertising for normal people companies, Sammi?" I teased lightly.

"Since I was made this offer and allowed to pick my own models and two of my friends are pregnant!" She grinned, "And you both happen to be actual models."

"Oh, ew." I groaned, "I'm only three months along, I already look fat!"

"You're hardly fat. You've got a little baby bump! And you're glowing!" She disagreed. "Plus, I have a four month span for this advertisement, longest time I've ever been given, because I told them about you both. They've agreed to let you guys keep the clothes you model and we're doing it in stages as you both get bigger. They thought it'd be an amazing idea!"

"Oh God--"

"Oh look! We're here!" She parked and got out, all excited again. "We've got fifteen minutes! Where are we going?" We stepped inside the revolving doors.

I led the way down the halls and into the waiting room. I signed myself in quietly, trying not to stutter, and sat back down with Sammi.

We passed the time like normal people, reading magazines through Sammi's incessant foot-tapping.

"I'm sorry, I can't help it…I'm excited. This is my little niece or nephew!"

I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"Wynnie?" My nurse called. I smiled and stood up. Sammi scrambled up to follow me.

"Hey, sweetie, how's the husband?"

"He's great." I replied, sitting on the strange new chair within the room I'd never entered before. I was growing anxious myself now. "He can't be here right now."

"Ah, men and their work." The nurse smiled. Although she didn't know what CC did for a living, she was right. Men and their work, even my dad missed something important now and again and he was an amazing father. "Who'd you bring?"

"This is my sister-in-law, Sammi." I introduced. "Sammi, this is Lydia."

"Nice to meet you."

"Same to you, dear." My nurse returned the handshake and looked back to me. "Dr. Vydenz will be in here in a second." I nodded and watched her leave just as the doctor walked in. "Oh! Here she is!"

"Hello, Wynnie!" She smiled, "How are you feeling?"

"Pretty good." I smiled back.

"And you are?" She turned to Sammi.

"Sammi, Wynnie's sister-in-law."

"Great! I'm Dr. Leah Vydenz." They shook hands. "Alright, Wynnie, let's get down to it."

I lifted up my shirt a little at the instruction to and watched the screen the doctor was looking at. Suddenly, a steady drum beat filled the room. Sammi squeaked and clapped her hands over her mouth before moving them slowly away to get out a small question.

"Is that--"

"Yes, that's your baby's heartbeat, Wynnie."

"Oh my gosh!" Sammi sighed.

I bit my lip, glancing at my stomach.

"And here the little baby is!" She pointed to a small little shape on the screen.

"I think the baby has your looks, Wynnie. We're all okay!" Sammi teased.

"It's who's brain that made it into that little head that worries me." I giggled.

"Everything seems to be in order. Do you want pictures?" The doctor asked.

"Oh, yes please." I nodded.

"Okay then!"

***

"That's her?" CC asked in awe as I placed the picture in front of my iPad camera.

"Yeah." I smiled. "That's our baby." I'd gotten used to him referring to random genders. He claimed he was "testing out the sound." Today it seems he was back to having a daughter. I'd given up on following his antics long ago.

"Amazing…" He smiled. "I'm sorry I couldn't be there." He apologized after a pause.

"It's no big deal." I shook my head.

The engine in the background of his video cut and he looked up as someone spoke to him. He quickly stood up.

"We're at a gas station, I'm stretching my legs." He told me as he walked off the bus. Finally, the view settled again as I watched him lean against the outside of the bus.

"You should walk around a bit." I laughed. "That's what stretching your legs is."

"Nah." He chuckled. "I'm fine. Shoot, hold on, I need to cut my video for a second." The video froze and I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry, hold on." He said. "We were talking about me not being there, for our baby's first ultrasound--" The doorbell rang and I groaned.

"CC, it's not a big deal." I got off the bed and headed downstairs. "Hold on, someone's at my door at nine at night. Crazy people."

"Stay safe…" CC warned.

"I will." I shook my head at his silliness.

The doorbell rang again.

"I'm coming!" I called. Now Willy was barking, damn it. I grabbed his collar and opened the door before Willy jumped, which he's only does for two people, and pulled out of my grip.

"Hey there, buddy!" The familiar laugh rang in my ears. "I guess you missed me, too?"

"…CC?" My eyes widened at the sight in front of my eyes.

A chorus of "Hey, Wynnie" sounded and I looked past my husband to see his band smiling and waving. "We're going to head home, CC!" Andy called. CC nodded and waved before turning back to me.

"Wynnxx." He kissed me softly. Willy pushed us apart again, wagging his tail furiously and lapping at CC's hands.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, shocked.

"Tour ended…I was aiming to be back by this morning, but I didn't make it." He sighed. "Our flight got cancelled…so I made the boys drive us here."

"Drive…you were in--"

"Chicago…I may or may not have been aiming for a flight yesterday morning…and made Jon drive us for a few hundred hours to get another plane from another city…then drive here." He kissed me again. "I'm really sorry. I wanted to be here so badly."

"It's okay." I shook my head. "Really."

"It's not." He disagreed. "I wanted to be there. I'm this child's father, for Christ's sake. I couldn't even get here to see him for the first time!" He groaned. We made our way back into the house. "I'm going to be a horrible dad."

"You'll be fine." I reassured.

"You promise?" He asked softly.

"I promise." I smiled and kissed him again.

"Now, come on, I want to see this video you told me about!" He placed a hand on my baby bump. I smiled up at his own smiling face.

I think I have the best husband in the history of the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short! Ah! I just wanted to end it there sooooooo badly. I thought it was cute.

miakalovetama22: awe! yay! And thanks for commenting! Sorry it took so long to update!

Waking_The_Dead: :) I hope this is a good chapter? Yay!

Thanks, all of you! :)