Status: Once a day!

Atlanta

The Attack

Despite the fact that the group still weren't back from Atlanta, there was a celebratory atmosphere as everyone gathered around for a hearty dinner of fresh fish and chips. It reminded me more of the first dinner I had with them, chatting, smiles, and even a little singing (yes, Andrea had told everyone about our little song down at the quarry).

"You know, Michelle, it would've been great if you had a guitar, and you could have played us a little song each night." Amy suggested, and there was loud chatter within the group.

"You play guitar?"

"I miss the sound of guitar!"

"What songs can you play?" I tried to hide my face, laughing.

"I don't have my guitar. I wish I did, but I don't, sorry guys!" Everyone groaned, but were quickly consumed by the delicious food once more, until Morales broke the silence.

"I gotta ask you man, it's been driving me crazy." Everyone turned to Dale, who he was addressing.

"What?"

"Your watch." Dale glanced at his watch, laughing nervously.

"What's wrong with my watch?"

"I see you, everyday, same time, winding that thing like a village priest saying mass." There was a light chuckle within the group, and Jacqui even stepped in.

"I have wondered this myself..."

"I'm missing the point!"

"Unless I have misread the signs, the world seems to have come to an end." The group burst into hearty laughter, and Dale shook his head. "We've hit a speedbump for a good long time."

"Time! It's important to keep track. Time, and days at least. Don't you think? Andrea? Back me up here," Andrea laughed, shaking her head. "Michelle?" It took me a moment to notice that he was talking to me, and I tried not to let it show too much, but I felt touched. For the first time, I felt like a true member of the group.

"Just holding onto what used to be, don't see the wrong in that," I offered honestly, and he shot me a thankful smile.

"I like what the father says to the son when he gives him a watch. That it had been handed down for generations. He says: I give you a mausolueam, which will fit your individual needs, no more than it did mine, and my father's before me. I give it to you, not that you may remember time, but that you may forget it for a moment, now and then, and not spend all of your time trying to conquer it." There was silence for quite a while, no one really knowing what to say, until Amy spoke up.

"You are so weird." Laughter rippled throughout the group, and Amy stood up to leave.

"Where are you going?" Andrea asked, and Amy shot her a glare.

"I have to pee!" She hissed. "Jeez, you try to be discreet around here!" The group started laughing again, and I struggled to take a drink of my cola. The conversation continued, mostly around the group of survivors, until Amy's voice from behind distracted me. "We're out of toilet paper!" I turned around to flash her a mocking grin, but instead I let out a shrill scream.

"AMY!" Amy's scream was next, and the rest of the group reacted, but I was already over to her side. I took a firm hold on her body and kicked the walker with all my might. All around us, the camp burst into a frenzy, screams filling the air and people running around everywhere. Another walker reached us, and bit into Amy's shoulder. Screaming out of both anger and hurt, I swung my first around and punched it as hard as I could in the head, not putting it down, but knocking it over. As Andrea reached us, I jumped up and ran around the side of the RV and swung it into my hands, before dashing back over. I knew which one I was going for first.

"YOU MOTHERFUCKING SON OF A BITCH!" I swung the pole and heard the satisfying crunch as it collapsed. I fell to my knees as Andrea held Amy.

"NO! OH GOD! OH GOD! OH GOD!" Amy lay there, screaming and moaning in agony, while Andrea sat in tears. "I don't know what to do! I don't know what to do!"

"Amy!" I cried, cupping her cheek with my hand. "AMY NO!" I gripped her shirt. I wasn't letting her go. A snarl behind me sent me straight back into battle mode, and I yanked my pole up, turning around. There was two advancing directly toward us, and I charged at them smacking one in the head, the other in the knees and then the head. I looked up and saw the camp for the first time, and felt faint. It was even crazier than I imagined. Everyone was scrambling around helplessly, while those with weapons fought their way through.

"EVERYBODY GET TO THE RV!" Shane shouted, and I ran forward to help, but stopped abruptly at the sight. I could take on a walker or two. But not this. There were easy ten, fifteen. I slowly started to back away, feeling fear creep up on me all around. GO ON! HIT SOMETHING! I felt it in my muscles, I had to attack them. I took a deep breath and ran next to Shane, to help him cover the women and the children. I took them on one by one, aiming only for the head. At one point I even managed to behead one, but I didn't care how they died. They just had to get as far away from here as possible. I scanned the area with the tents and the campfire, when I noticed Jacqui trying to fend off a walker without a weapon.

"JACQUI!" I screamed, and sprinted toward her, destroying the walker and pulling her to her feet. "Get over to the RV!" I helped push her over to Shane, before checking everyone was safe. Everyone but myself, of course.

Time slowed down, every little thing was amplified, like the world in high definition. I felt the hand on my shoulder, then the tickle of the hair on my neck as it breathed hoarsely in anticipation of its next meal. I didn't even have time to shiver when I swung around, just to see it fall to the ground, a single arrow in its head. I looked up to see Daryl running towards me, motioning for me to get to the RV. He swung his hand down to pull out his arrow out of the walker's head. Time was restored as he grabbed my arm, pulling me along with him to the rest of the group. Once we were with the others, I realised that everyone had returned, and had fought off the rest of the walkers. The screams and gunshots died down at last, and Rick pulled his son into his arms. I didn't even have time to thank Daryl for saving my life, I searched desperately around the group for Dani. Her mass of red hair stuck out next to Carol, and I pulled her into a tight hug, gripping her tightly and feeling the tears slide down my cheeks.

"Oh god. I'm never letting you out of my sight again, are you okay?" I pulled away and she held my face, also crying.

"I'm fine! Are you okay? Are you bit?" I shook my head, and stopped suddenly, remembering that someone wasn't as lucky as I. I skidded through the mass of people to the one on the floor right next to the RV. Andrea was in the same state, but Amy was slowly losing consiousness.

"Amy," I whispered, kneeling by her side. "Amy please." She was choking, panting, breathless. For a brief second, she looked at me, before returning her gaze to her big sister, who didn't once move hers. Amy's blood soaked fingers softly stroked Andrea's jaw, before slowly, her eyes drooped, and she slipped away. "NO!" I screamed suddenly, managing nothing other than to just stare at her and repeatedly shake my head. I mentally begged for her to come back. Andrea couldn't even cry, she could just moan with pain. I pulled my knees to my face and resorted to my comfort position. I let myself cry into my legs, while I held a tight grip on my hair. I felt an arm around my shoulders, which I instinctively knew to be Dani's, so I leaned into her. She was all I had left.
♠ ♠ ♠
:(
I'm sorry, it had to happen Dx
Thank you so much for all the lovely feedback I have received so far!!!! I'm going through a mega stressful time right now, and coming home and seeing all these words just brighten my day, so thank you!!

So what do you think? How do you think Michelle will cope with Amy gone?

Thank you all again, and hope you have a good night!
Shanice <3