Status: Once a day!

Atlanta

Over The Atlantic

"DANI!!" My body rose frantically, and I heard my scream resonate around this small...whatever it was. For a brief few seconds, I started to panick, not knowing where I was, or why it felt like I was moving. A shuffling to my left caused me to cast my vision to the comforting sight of my friend.

"Elle! are you okay?" Either I hadn't fully recovered yet, or my vision was a little blurry, but I could just make out one hand keeping her attached to a seat, and a window behind her, casting a bright light. I wasn't dead, was I?

"I just...you...it." I started to stumble upwards, and Dani swung back around onto her seat.

"I'm sorry, I need to keep my eyes on the...well, sky." She added in a chuckle, and I immediately remembered where we were, and the events that had subsequently led up to this moment. "Take a minute to get yourself together, and then come up and sit down and tell me what that was all about, 'kay?" I nodded, though I knew she couldn't see me, and rolled over in an attempt to get to my feet. Once I had, I took the seat next to her.

"Sorry." She glanced over and me and smiled sympathetically.

"Just gave me a fright is all." She pushed a couple of buttons, and I once again mentally thanked god for Danielle's dad being a pilot, and therefore her having a general knowledge of how to fly a plane.

"How long was I out?" I asked, and she shrugged.

"Four, five hours?" I suddenly felt guilty about me getting the sleep we both desperately needed, while she was left to fly us to safety.

"Want me to take over?" She glanced over at me and laughed.

"And crash us into the Atlantic ocean? You're alright. Why don't you go put on a fresh pair of clothes and grab yourself something to eat?" I nodded in thanks and staggered over to the back of the small plane, where our luggage and the goods we had taken from the warehouse lay stacked. I rummaged through my backpack and found myself fresh underwear, cargo trousers and a vest top. I spotted my khaki army jacket crumpled at the side, so lifted that out too.

I quickly changed and shoved my old clothes back into the backpack - I would resort it if I had to when I needed to. I then went on a hunt through our food satchel and the stuff we had looted. I was pretty happy with what we had gathered: no matter what happened to us in the coming weeks, as long as we had our supplies, we would be fine. I returned to the seats with a box of cookies, grapes, two mars bars, pop tarts and a bottle of Irn Bru, and was met with a grin.

"We did not bad!" I chuckled, nodding in agreement.

"Pretty good so far!" The two of us drifted into silence, staring ahead at the clouds, and thinking of what was to come.

"Do you really think we'll make it to Alaska?" Dani asked suddenly, breaking the silence. I gave her hand a squeeze and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Look at us now, look how far we've come already. I think we can do this."

"What about my mum?" The atmosphere grew tense and I exhaled deeply with another smile.

"If we can do this, i'm pretty sure your mum will. I wouldn't be surprised if she was already there!" Dani grinned at me, and we both continued our daydreams, sighing contentedly. We were fairly happy where we were: comfortable, warm, plenty of food and drink, away from harm. I think both of us deep down wanted to stay in the air a little longer than planned.

"How much further?" I pulled out the large map of the United States and Canada to try and pinpoint where we were and how much more travelling we had to do.

"Where do you think we are right now?" Dani glanced around at the different buttons and switches, but didn't find anything of use to her. Her shrug encouraged me to think of a solution, and the result surprised me. "Maybe High School did come in handy for a reason," I remarked as I dashed to my backpack once more, and returned with a pad and a pen.

"I'm confused, but more curious. Go on..." I began scribbling away, reminding myself of the hours of torture I had endured a just a few years ago.

"Distance equals speed times time, right?" She looked at me for a second trying to remember herself, and then grinned in excitement.

"Yes!" Her eyes darted around the all her little buttons and screens, before pointing to one to her right. "We've been going about 120 the whole time." I nodded, jotting it down.

"How long have we been in the air?" I checked my phone. "It's quarter past five right now."

"About six hours." I nodded, and calculated it on my notepad.

"We're about 30-50 miles off the coast, depending on which direction we're headed." Dani continued to nod slowly, inspecting everything before she froze, eyes glued to something on the dashboard.

"Oh shit." I glanced over to her.

"What? Is something wrong?" She ignored me, continuing to shake her head, her eyes screwed shut as she tried to pretend that whatever was happening, wasn't happening.

"No no no no. Not now!"

"Dani!" I reached over and grabbed her by the shoulders. "What is it? Why are you panicking?" She glanced out of the window, before giving me a fearful look, making me feel colder than I ever have.

"We're running out of fuel."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so that chapter was mega short, so I thought, least I could do was throw this in here, right? ;)
The 50 readers for twice a week thing still goes, i'm just being nice....or maybe it's because i'm bored and wandering helplessly around Mibba....figuratively...
I need sleep.
Goodnight, and thank you for reading my story so far!
Shanice <3