Sincerely, Poppy

4/20/2013

Dear Poppy,
I will always care about you, Poppy. You don’t ever have to worry about that. You’ve shaken my world upside down and have brought me back down to earth. Before I got your letters I was getting caught up in the Hollywood scene. I didn’t want to; I promised myself I wouldn’t when I first moved to LA. But I could slowly feel myself losing sight of my morals, of my dreams. And I started getting your letters and I started remembering why I’m out here and why I’m an actor in the first place.

I’m not trying to say your pain has made me feel better because it hasn’t not at all, I hate that you’re going through the things you are. I guess what I’m trying to say is that you’ve helped me realize that I need to stop getting in over my head. I need to focus on me and I need to keep my feet on the ground. I promise to look past your scars if you promise to make sure I don’t become a douche bag. I’m just going to assume you’ve agreed to that deal.

You wanted me to talk about myself so there was that. I hope that’s enough for now. I’m sorry if I seem boring, I’m not as glamorous as you may think. I’m actually quite awkward and shy. I hope you weren’t expecting someone who could tell you all about the latest club openings or the latest gossip because that’s not me. It was for a little while but I don’t want to share those stories because they weren’t me. I hope you understand.

I hope your new roommate is different from your last. I don’t want you going through that again. I wish your parents would at least let you talk to your brother. I’m sure you miss him. I’m running out of things to say, I’m still trying to get used to this. That sounds horrible doesn’t it? I guess what I mean is, I’m still trying to find the right words to say. I don’t want to hurt you or offend you because I’ve said something unintelligent.

I hope things are going well. Stay strong.
Love,
Logan
♠ ♠ ♠
I could cry from how happy I am that you guys are receiving this story. Thank you so much for all of your lovely words. I really really really appreciate it. I know I don't say much about how appreciative I am by all of your kind words but I really am. You all are so wonderful. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.