Sincerely, Poppy

5/25/2013

Dear Poppy,
I’m going to assume you were just nervous about asking me to go to family day which is why you assumed I wouldn’t go. I would love to attend Poppy. Do I have to call the facility to let them know? Give me the details in the next letter, yeah? I can’t wait to see you. I know that’s probably weird but like sometimes I find myself missing you.

You very nonchalantly (again I’m assuming you were just nervous) mentioned that you have been clean for 40 days and eating for the past month but that’s seriously amazing Poppy. I really hope you realize that. 40 days! That’s amazing! I’m so proud of you! Sometimes I go back and read the first letters you sent me and I read the recent letters you’ve sent me and I am just blown away by your progress.

I know this doesn’t compare to how well you’ve been doing but a couple nights ago the people I used to talk to and go to the clubs and parties and everything asked me to go out again. I declined. And then they made this big fuss about how big of a loser I am and how I’m no fun and everything. I laughed at them and played x box all night. I might be a loser but at least I’m not losing myself again. I wonder if they know how badly they are harming themselves.

Like apart from the amount of alcohol they are consuming and probably drugs as well. When I was caught up in that stuff I lost sight of my morals and the person I wanted to be. I forgot that I actually don’t like the taste of most alcoholic drinks and just drank because they did. I talked trash about people behind their backs because I thought it was cool. I would spend tons of money on designer clothes, not even caring that if I went outside of LA I could find the same clothes just cheaper. I winded up having the biggest ego out of everyone.

You know you’re one of the people who brought me back down to earth. But I actually called my sister and she said she hardly recognized me. I felt awful, I felt like such shit because my sister didn’t even recognize me. I lost myself so bad that my sister didn’t like me anymore. I know that’s not what she said but I knew if I hung out with her she would have hated me. My siblings rarely spoke of their concerns with me being in the business but I know they had them. Sometimes they would tell me they were worried and they would talk me out of a lot of stuff because they knew it wasn’t me. So when Lindsay said she didn’t know who I was I knew I had to stop doing what I was doing.

I don’t know why I decided to bring that up again. I guess I just wanted you to know more about me. Anyway, let me know about family day okay?

Stay strong, Poppy.
Love,
Logan