Sincerely, Poppy

5/29/2013

Dear Logan,
Thanks for sharing more about your past. I like hearing about it, I know that’s probably a bad way of saying that but I don’t know. One thing that I’ve learned is that as horrible as it is to fall into bad habits or lose yourself, the important thing is that you find your way out and you find yourself again. You should be proud of yourself for recognizing that you needed to get out. You could have just ignored what your sister was telling you and just kept going the way you were but instead you decided to change. That’s really amazing, Logan. I’m really proud of you.

And telling your old “friends” no is really cool too and they’re the losers for doing that stuff, not you. Honestly staying in and playing x box sounds like a way better time than going out to party. I don’t think you’re a loser for doing that at all. Before things got bad my brother and I would play x box sometimes. It was pretty fun, we were both really bad at it since he was young and I was just bad but it was fun nonetheless.

Thank you so much for agreeing to come to family day. I hoped you were going to say yes but because of everyone in my life turning their back on me I expected you to say no. This really means a lot to me, I don’t think I can properly put into words how I feel about you supporting me like this. Thank you so much.

I already let the counselors know you are going to attend so you don’t have to call unless you have questions about it. Uhm, it starts at nine am and basically we’ll have breakfast and a group meeting of sorts, you won’t have to share anything but some people might. Then we’ll just kind of hang out while everyone does one on ones with their respected counselor then we’ll do dinner and all of us will watch a movie in the rec room. Then it’ll be over. You can call the center for information about hotels and transportation if you want. So I’ll just give you their number I guess. Thanks again for this Logan, really.

I miss you.
Sincerely,
Poppy

p.s the number is (770)456-8989