Sincerely, Poppy

3/26/2013

Dear Logan,
I didn't mean to scare you. I hope you aren't upset with me. I'm so sorry for making you think I died. I didn't think you were reading my letters. I didn't think you cared.

I can't believe you wrote me back. I want to tell you how much that meant to me but anytime I even think about it or try to write it out I can't express the emotion. I keep your letter in my pocket at all times so when I'm feeling lower than low I can read it and it makes me feel better. Just knowing you're proud and you care. Thank you, Logan.

Thing are getting better but scarier. I've been growing a lot and I've been opening up more and that's what's scary. I don't know how to handle all of the things that are brought up. I don't know how I'm going be able to deal with all of this pain and not harm myself. It's so difficult, Logan. It's so hard to resist the razor. I ended up falling back to it a week ago so I broke my streak but I've been eating more regularly so I guess that's good.

My therapist wants to bring my parents into a meeting. I keep telling her they don't care and they won't come but she won't listen to me. I don't know how I can face them, Logan.

I'm going to try harder for you Logan. I'm going to try to keep eating and stay away from the razor.

If we ever meet can you promise me something? When you look at me please don't look at my scars.

Sincerely,
Poppy