A Girl & Her Fallen Angel

I'm Not Buying What You're Selling

I sighed rubbing my hands over my face. Bobby and I have been at the hospital for five hours now and they still won't let us see Pamela. The doctors had to take her in to surgery to try to repair some of the damage that was caused. She got out of surgery an hour ago, but the doctor said that she needed rest so we couldn't see her.

"Coffee?" Bobby asked making me raise my head to look at him.

"Thanks." I said with a half smile after taking the extra cup.

"It's from a vending machine so It's probably terrible." he admitted sitting next to me.

"It's fuel to keep going." I said taking a sip of the hot liquid. Bobby was right it was pretty terrible. I continued to sip my coffee and space out.

"What are you thinking about over there kid?" Bobby asked gently elbowing my in my arm.

"Oh...um..." I trailed off not knowing what to say. Should I tell him I heard the voice during the seance? I didn't want to sound crazy, and saying that I heard the voice too would make me look crazy.

"Pamela." I said sighing not totally telling a lie to Bobby.

"Are you here for miss Barnes?" a doctor asks approaching Bobby and I.

"We are!" I say excitedly standing up.

"You can go see her she's awake now. Keep it short Miss Barnes needs her rest." the doctor says with a stern look before turning and leading us to her room.

"Pamela?" I ask walking into the room. Her eyes have huge white bandages over them.

"Hey sweetie. Come on in." she says with a smile.

"How are you doing?" I ask sitting in the chair by her bed.

"I'm alright you don't need to worry about me. Bobby are you going to stand in the doorway or come in?" Pamela asks with a wide smirk. Wait...how did she know that? Bobby scoffed before walking more into the room and occupying the other seat.

"Where are the boys'?" Pamela asks.

"Back at the motel room." I respond.

"Bobby why don't you take Jamie back to the motel? I know she could use some sleep." Pamela says looking right at the spot Bobby is sitting. Psychics are weird!

"I'll be back in the morning." Bobby says gruff. I tip my coffee cup back and finish the liquid before standing up.

"You get some rest." I say patting Pamela's hand before walking out the door.

Bobby gives Pamela an awkward one arm hug before following me out of the room. The ride back to the motel is long and quiet. When we pull up to the motel I notice the Impala isn't in the parking lot. Strange. I push it from my mind walking into the motel and straight to the stairs not wanting to bother with the elevator. As I approach the room I can hear this loud static whine coming from our motel room. I burst in the door and see Dean on the floor with his ears covered.

"Dean you must listen to me. My name is Castiel, I am an angel of the lord." a voice says. I look around the room but only Dean is there.

"Dean can you hear me?" the voice asks. The empty beer bottles on the table break one after another. With a loud crack the mirror above the bed starts to splinter. Without another thought I fling myself across the floor and cover Dean from the falling shards. I can feel blood run down my arm from a cut.

"What the hell?" Bobby cries running into the room. The high-pitched noise is suddenly gone.

"Are you ok?" I ask pulling away from my defensive position over Dean.

"Why did you do that?" Dean asks standing and shaking glass from his hair.

"So you wouldn't get hurt." I say standing.

"Lets clean you up." Dean says sighing. I have a cut on my head near my hair line and a gash on my arm.

"Where the hell is Sam?" I ask as Dean wipes the blood from my face.

"I don't know. Grab your jacket we're going for a ride." Dean says after bandaging my arm.

Bobby, Dean and I pile into Bobby's mustang and take off. Dean pulls out his phone and dials Sam's number.

"What are you doing?" Dean asks after Sam answers the phone.

"In my car?" Dean asks after a short response from Sam.

"Well, uh, Bobby's back. We're going to grab a beer." Dean responds to Sam. Bobby looks at Dean with a confused look. I look back and forth between Dean and Bobby confused myself.

"Done. Catch you later." Dean says before hanging up the phone.

"Why the hell didn't you tell him?" Bobby asks slightly mad.

"Because he just tried to stop us." Dean answers.

"From what? What are we doing?" I ask looking at Dean.

"Summoning this thing. It's time we faced it head-on." Dean answers looking seriously out the windshield.

"You can't be serious!" Bobby shouts surprised. My mouth drops open in surprise. That is just like my brother, always going in guns blazing trying to be the hero.

"As a heart attack. It's high noon, baby." Dean says looking over at Bobby and then back to me.

"Well, we don't know what it is. It could be a demon, hell it could be anything!" I say trying to be the voice of reason.

"That's why we've got to be ready for anything. We've got the big-time magic knife, you've got an arsenal in the trunk..." Dean says trailing off after pulling out the demon knife.

"This is a bad idea." Bobby says sighing.

"Yeah, I couldn't agree more, but what other choice do we have?" Dean responds.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Dean is right." I say sighing.

"We could choose life!" Bobby says exaggerated.

"Bobby, whatever this is, whatever it wants, it's after me. That much we know, right? I've got no place to hide. I can either get caught with my pants down again, or we can make our stand." Dean says looking Bobby square in the eyes.

"Dean, we could use Sam on this." Bobby says returning a stern look.

"Nah, he's better off where he is." Dean says shrugging.

"Where is our dear brother?" I ask sliding forward so I'm closer to Dean to talk.

"He said he was grabbing a burger." Dean says shrugging his shoulders.

The rest of the drive is silent. I sit back and enjoy the ride. We stop at an old abandoned barn. We damn near empty Bobby's trunk grabbing supply's for our possible suicide mission.

"That's a hell of an art project you've got going there." Dean says looking over at Bobby and I.

"Traps and talismans from every faith on the globe. How you doin?" Bobby asks back. Dean, Bobby, and I have painted every trap we know on the barn.

"Stakes, iron, silver, salt, knife. I mean, we're pretty much set to catch and kill anything I've ever heard of." Dean says holding up a stake.

"This is still a bad idea." Bobby says sighing.

"Yeah, Bobby, I heard you the first ten times. What do you say we ring the dinner bell?" Dean asks with a grim smirk.

"I hope his works." I say under my breath which earns me a glare from Dean.

Bobby goes over to another desk, takes a pinch of some powder from a bowl, and sprinkles it into a larger bowl, which begins to smoke. He chants in Latin before lighting a match and throwing it in the bowl.

Sam & Ruby in a diner. Sam's POV

"So. Million dollar question, are you going to tell Dean about what we're doing?" Ruby asks.

"Yeah, I just gotta figure out the right way to say it. Look, I just need time, okay? That's all." I respond after Ruby gives me a look.

"Sam, he's going to find out, and if it's not from you he's going to be pissed." Ruby says. I know she's right.

"He's going to be pissed anyway. I mean, he's so hardheaded about this psychic stuff he'll just try and stop me." I say sighing and looking at the table.

"Look. Maybe I'll just take a step back for a while." Ruby says making me raise my head.

"Ruby, you..." I start to say but she cuts me off.

"I mean, I'm not exactly in your brother's fanclub. But he is your brother, and I'm not going to come between you. Plus I'm sure your sister can't be too fond of me either." Ruby says.

"I don't know if what I'm doing is right. Hell, I don't even know if I trust you." I say throwing my hands slightly in the air.

"Thanks." Ruby says sarcastic.

"But what I do know is that I'm saving people. And stopping demons. And that feels good. I want to keep going." I say looking Ruby straight in the eyes. Dean is going to be so pissed once he knows I'm working with a demon, and using my psychic powers. I sigh taking a drink of my soda.

Back at the barn. Jamie's POV

"Are you sure you did it right?" Dean asks looking at Bobby. Bobby glares at Dean which shuts him up quickly. I sigh pacing around the room some more.

"These things never take this long." I whine looking at Bobby.

All of a sudden the roof starts shaking and a thunder storm out of nowhere can be heard outside.

"Wishful thinking...but maybe it's the wind." Dean says sheepish.

I aim my gun at the door and get ready for whatever is about to walk in that door. Both the barn doors slam open and in walks a man in a trench coat. The lights in the room shatter at the same time showering us with sparks. He's walking right through every trap! Holy shit! Bobby is the first to open fire and Dean follows suit. I have my gun pointed at him, but I can't bring myself to fire! What the hell is wrong with me? In all my years of hunting I never once hesitated. The bullets aren't doing anything to him. Dean slips the demon knife from his side.

"Who are you?" Dean asks ready to strike with the knife.

"I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition." the man answers.

"Yeah. Thanks for that." Dean scoffs lunging forward and plunging the knife into the man's chest. The man glances down and pulls the knife out dropping it to the ground. I can't help but lower my gun. I can't explain it but I don't feel threatened. Bobby jumps into action going to attack the man with a silver knife. The man spins and quickly disarms Bobby before touching two fingers to his forehead. Bobby drops to the floor out cold.

"Bobby!" I cry running forward and dropping by his side.

"Jamie!" Dean shouts.

"Your friend's alive." the man says looking down at me. I stand up only inches from the mystery person. Dean grabs the back of my shirt yanking me back quickly.

"Who are you?" Dean asks slightly stepping in front of me.

"Castiel." I breathe shaky. Dean looks back at me and then back to Castiel.

"Yeah, I figured that much, I mean what are you?" Dean says sarcastic.

"I'm an Angel of the Lord." Castiel says standing with confidence. Could it be true? Do angels really exist?

"Get the hell out of here. There's no such thing." Dean says rolling his eyes.

"This is your problem, Dean. You have no faith." Castiel says sighing slightly.

Lightning flashes, and on Castiel's back great shadowy wings appear, stretching off into the distance. The light goes out and the image disappears. Holy hell! He has wings! No other creature we've encountered has ever had wings!

"Some angel you are. You burned out that poor woman's eyes." Dean says angry.

I warned her not to spy on my true form. It can be... overwhelming to humans, and so can my real voice. But you already knew that." Castiel says glancing at me quickly and then back to Dean.

"You mean the gas station and the motel. That was you talking? Buddy, next time, lower the volume." Dean says sarcastic.

"Dean!" I scold smacking my brother's arm lightly. He glances at me only to glare.

"That was my mistake. Certain people, special people, can perceive my true visage. I thought you would be one of them. I was wrong." Castiel says looking straight at me. He knows I heard him?

"And what visage are you in now, huh? What, holy tax accountant?" Dean smirks.

"This? This is... a vessel." Castiel says fixing his trench coat slightly.

"You're possessing some poor bastard?" Dean scoffs.

"He's a devout man, he actually prayed for this." Castiel says informing Dean.

"Well, I'm not buying what you're selling, so who are you really?" Dean asks glaring slightly.

"He's an angel Dean! He already told us that!" I say stepping away from my brother and closer to Bobby's unconscious body.

"Right. And why would an angel rescue me from Hell?" Dean asks looking at me and then the angel.

"Good things happen." Castiel says simply.

"Yeah, not in my experience." Dean says scoffing.

"Why'd you do it?" Dean asks serious now.

"Because God commanded it." Castiel answers. With the sound of fluttering wings Castiel is gone, and Bobby slowly starts waking up.

"What did I miss?" Bobby asks sounding a little sleepy and totally confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! Castiel has entered the story!
I hope you are enjoying this story so far.
Tell me what you think!!
XOXO