Sequel: On Thin Ice
Status: Alex Burrows story. I do not own the canucks or personally know them. :)

Frozen (I Need to Be Thawed)

Frozen (I need to be thawed)

he Canucks had lost the game, 2-3, but that was fine with me. I always rooted for the Canadiens, no matter who they went against, and I never rooted for the Canyucks.

Burrows had scored the two goals that Vancouver had. Each time he scored, he jumped into the glass I was sitting behind, and gave this huge cheesy ass smile.

As I waited for Carey outside of the locker room, I received some hellos from other Canadiens, such as James Wisniewski, and of course, Price’s roommate, Taylor Pyatt.

Finally, Carey emerged from the locker room. He dropped his goalie pads as I hugged him, “Great game today, Carey! I cheered for you the WHOLE time while I was in that sea of Canyuck fans.”

Carey chuckled, “Are you sure? You still have Burrows’ hat on, and I’m pretty sure I saw you cheering a little bit when he scored on me.”

I blushed, “Yeah, well, I guess he isn’t that bad. But the rest, I still refuse to like until I meet them.”

He chuckled, and teased me the whole way to his car.

The car ride back to Carey’s place wasn’t eventful. He just described how awesome he was today, even though he let those two goals in.

We arrived at his apartment, hurried up the stairs, and set everything up inside for the little get together with the Canadiens and Canucks.

The first person to arrive was Maxim Lapierre of the Canucks. He was pretty loud. “Hey! Carey! GREAT GAME TONIGHT!!! YOU WERE LIKE, KERCHOW, LIKE A NINJA!!” He hugged Price then said hello to me. He stuck his hand out, “You must be Mac, and I’m Maxim Lapierre. Burrs was talking up a storm about ‘cha.”

I laughed shaking his hand, “Pleased to meet you. I wasn’t quite expecting you to be so outgoing…especially after a loss.”

It was Lapierre’s turn to laugh, “A lot of people say that. And sometimes I’d rather see a loss. We learn more from our mistakes then. But this game, it was good. It was tied up until the end.”

My phone vibrated in my pocket, “Excuse me, for a moment.” I retrieved my phone from my pocket and answered as I was walking out onto the patio, “Hello?”

“Hey Marissa, It’s been awhile.”

It was Adam Shane. And ex boyfriend who had cheated on me, then stalked me, and when I got a restraining order against him, he beat me, so I’d reverse it. But I didn’t. “What do you want? Why do you still have my number, you double-crossing, backstabbing fr-”

“Hey. Calm down. I just wanted to say that you are looking good. I saw you on the T.V tonight when I was watching the game. I couldn’t believe it. You were wearing a CANUCKS hat. What the hell? Which one of those ugly, pussies gave that to you? Was it hat Burrows guy? He’s the worst of them all, a fucking pretty boy with no life. You told me you were NEVER going to betray OUR team, you stupid---”

I hung up, and clenched my phone in my hand. If I could tie that guy to a net with no pads and have Zdeno Chara shoot pucks at him, I would. He should’ve been banned to call me…. He probably got a new phone number so he wasn’t blocked from calling me. I went through my call history and blocked the number he called from.

I heard the patio door open, then close. “There you are.” A familiar voice said from behind me.

I turned around. It was Alexandre Burrows. “What are you doing out here all by yourself?” He took my face in his hands, wiping away some stray, angry tears. “And you, the toughest woman I know, is crying. Whose face do I need to break?”

I looked away from Burrows’ eyes. “I got a phone call from an ex. He was angry that I had your hat on.” I didn’t completely lie to him, but I didn’t tell him the whole truth either.

Burrows pulled me into his arms, not pushing any more information out of me, “Mac, I know we just met today, but I want you to know, that I care about you. And if assholes like that are making you cry, I have to break a bone or two. Here’s my number, you call me if something is bothering you.” He stuffed a slip of paper into his hat that I was wearing.

I looked up at him, my hands clenching fistfuls of his coat, “Thank-you. You have no idea what it means to me.” I reached into my own pocket, and slipped a piece of paper into his pocket. “If you have something bothering you, you can call me too. Because, even though you are a Canuck, I care about you too.”

Alex smiled down at me, and planted a small kiss on my forehead, “Good, now let’s let inside. It’s cold, and the party is starting without us.”

He took my hand, and we went inside to mingle. After a couple minutes, we came across the Sedin Twins. Daniel was the first to greet us, “Hey ya Burrs! Hey Burrs’ pretty, lady friend.”

Henrik slapped Burrows on the back, “Where’ve ya been all night? Harassing this lass with your good looks, and lack of charm?”

Burrows laughed. He knew that he was handsome, and lacked the fake charm most guys had. He was the most realistic guy I’ve ever met. “No guys, this is Mac Collins, she’s the Canuck Hater I was telling you about earlier.”

The twins joined Burrows with the laughter, “Hooboy, Burrs, you got yerself a lot of work to do if you want her ta like ya. We can help if ya want.” Daniel offered. Seeing Burrows shake his head, they shook our hands and left to go play ping pong against each other.

Alex pulled on my arm, “C’mon, there are two other people I want you to meet.” He led me into the living room where Luongo, Pyatt, Price, and P.K. Subban were sitting on the couch, playing NHL 2k11 on the Wii.

“Bobby Lou.” Alex pointed at the goalie focused on the video game. But hearing his name, he looked up.

“This is Mac, Mac, this is Bobby Lou. He introduced us.

I smiled, “Pleasure to meet you.”

Luongo nodded, “Likewise.” He turned his attention back to the game.

Alex tugged on my hand, “He’s pretty shy. He’s open up more after you get to know him.”

I was hoping it wasn’t who I thought it was. But, of course, my hopes were dashed.

Alex grinned widely, spotting Raffi Torres playing pool with Ryan Kesler, Maxim Lapierre and James Wisniewski.

“Raffi, come here. I want you to meet someone.” Raffi Torres looked up from the pool table and purposely missed so he could come over to where we were standing.

“What is it Burrs?” Torres asked.

“Raff, this is Mac, the Canuck hater.”
Why does he keep introducing me like that? It sounds worse than what it is.

Raffi Torres’ eyes lit up, as if he knew something about us that nobody else did. “So you’re the young lady that stole Burrs—”

Alex roughly Torres in the side to silence him. Whatever he was going to say, wasn’t meant for me to hear yet.

Torres rubbed his side, “What? I was just going to say PRIDE, because you’re a Canuck, and she’s a Canuck hater. You just wouldn’t think you two would get along at all.”

Kesler called Torres back over, ending the conversation.

I checked the time. 12:28 a.m. God, I was tired. I let out a small yawn.

“You should go to sleep, Mac. You look exhausted.” Carey commented from behind me.

I shook my head, “I have to wait until they leave. I need to help you guys clean up.” I rubbed my eyes, yawning some more.

Carey signaled to Alex. “Take her to my room over there.” He pointed to his bedroom across the living area. The door was opened slightly.

Alex nodded, picking me up bridal style. He carried me through the living, opened Carey’s door completely with his foot, set me in the bed, and pulled the covers over my body. He took two strides to the door, and closed it, so we had a little privacy. “You need to rest. We’ll clean up the house like we always do. Don’t worry about it.”

I smiled lightly, “Alex?”

“Yes, Mac?” He looked at my curiously.

“Thanks. This was the best day I’ve had in a long time.” I started to drift asleep. I barely heard Burrows respond.

“Me too, Mac.” He kissed my lips lightly, and left the room.

----Morning!!----

When I woke up the next morning, Carey and Pyatt were already up, making coffee, and pancakes. I rolled over and looked at my phone to check to time. 8 a.m. I also saw that I had a new text message.

4:03 a.m. 10/31/11

Alexandre
Good morning, Mac! I hope you have a good day today! I’m counting the days until I see you again already!
-Alex Burrs-

8:01 am 10/31/11

Morning Alexandre. Was your flight good? I miss you too, but you’re a Canuck, so if you tell anyone I said that, you are so dead.
-Mac-

8:03 am 10/31/11

No. The flight sucked more than usual this time.

-Alex Burrs-

8:03 am 10/31/11

Why is that?
-Mac-

8:04 am 10/31/11

You weren’t on it with me.

-Alex Burrs-