Status: One Shot.

A Very Harry Christmas

Happy Holidays.

“Hey Hayley, do you want to do some last minute Christmas shopping with me?” My mom asked popping her head into my childhood room.

I came home for the Holiday season. My mom was really the only family I had. My father died when I was 5, and since then it had just been me and her. I had my grandparents, my mother’s parents too, and I loved them dearly.

I hadn’t seen my father’s parent’s since he died. Mom said they took his death from cancer pretty hard, and just moved away and fell off the grid. I was kind of bitter that they didn’t care to stick around to get to know me, but I was long since over caring. I had my mom and grandparents, and now my London family.

I looked up from my laptop, “No, I’m waiting for Harry to get on Skype.”

It was the night before Christmas Eve, going shopping right now is like a suicide mission!

She smiled softly at me, “You miss him don’t you?”

“Yeah. I wish he could have come here for the holidays with me.”

“Well I’m going to go out for a few hours. Give Harry my best.”

“I will,” I said as she retreated out of my room.

I returned back to my computer screen waiting for the Skype call from my boyfriend.

It sucked being the one an ocean away for once. I lived in London for a little over a year now, going to University. That’s how I met Harry about a year ago.

I met him while I was interning at a local magazine. He just started flirting with me, and being sweet, and needless to say it worked. And we’ve been together ever since.

I was scrolling through my facebook when the Skype call finally came. Harry’s face appeared on my screen sending a huge smiled to my face instantly.

“’Ello love.”

“Hey babe,” I said with my giant smiled.

His dimples greeted me as he smiled back, “I miss you. Come home!” he pouted.

I laughed, “Well technically this is my home.”

“No, it’s by my side,” he said stubbornly.

I rolled my eyes, “Whatever you say. How are things over there goin’?”

He shrugged, “Pretty good. We’ve played like two holiday shows.”

I nodded as he talked. I started taking in the room behind him, “I thought you were going to your moms for Christmas? You’re at your flat.”

“Yeah, I’m leaving tonight. We had a few interviews today so we all had to stay here an extra day.”
“That sucks.”

He shrugged, “It’s alright. I saw everyone the other day. They came up for one of the concerts. Mom and Gemma say hello.”

I smiled, “I miss them too. Make sure you give them my gifts I left for your family!”

Harry laughed, “I already passed them along, should be under the tree already.”

“Good,” I said happily.

“Speaking of Christmas presents,” He smirked, “Have you given any thought to getting a tattoo?”

I laughed. Harry has been telling me that he thinks I should get a tattoo. I had been thinking about getting one for a while, but I’m hesitant because I hate needles. But Harry told me that he wanted to get me a tattoo for Christmas.

“I have been thinking about it. But I’m still undecided.”

“Oh come onnnnn,” he dragged out. “You know you want one. And I bet it’ll look sexy on you!”

I rolled my eyes playfully, “I knew you would say something like that!”

“Always my love,” He said with a cheeky smile.

I groaned through the smile on my face, “I miss you! Why did I come home for the holidays?”

He gave me a sad smile, “I miss you too babe. But you’ll be back before New Years, so we’ll see each other in a few days.

“Yeah, I know. Still too long.”

“Well my present should be there on Christmas!”

I perked up, “What? I thought we weren't giving our gifts until I got back?”

He shrugged, “Yeah, but I wanted you to open yours on Christmas. I’m very traditional when I want to be,” he smirked.

“Right,” I said giving him an odd look.

Right then Louis jumped into the frame pushing Harry out of the shot, “Hayls! How are you darling? Happy Christmas!”

“Merry Christmas to you too Lou,” I laughed.

I watched as Harry shoved his best friend back with an annoyed look, “Oi, I’m talking to my bird here!”

“Oh really? Hadn’t noticed,” Louis responded with a scoff, “I’m talking to my friend here!” Louis turned back to me, “But sadly I have to leave. Harry does too. We have to make an appearance at a Christmas party before we all drive home to our families.”

Harry rolled his eyes, “I told you I was skipping. Niall get’s too so, so am I,” Harry turned his attention back to me, “I should go soon though, I have to finish packing then head out.”

I pouted, “Alright. Call me later?”

“He’ll text you,” Louis chimed in, “He might be busy, you know, Holiday stuff!”

Harry and I looked at our friend, giving him odd looks.

“Right,” harry said after a short pause, “But I’ll call you when I can. I love you Hayley. I’ll see you soon.”

I smiled, “I love you too. You too Lou.”

“So much love from me as well!” he said.

We finished saying out goodbyes and the Skype call ended.

I felt homesick for Harry as soon as I shut my laptop. I’ve ever been in such a serious relationship until him, so this was a new feeling to deal with.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had boyfriends, but no one I ever got serious with.

And on top of this being my first serious relationship, I also had to deal with things most people didn’t. Like your boyfriend having millions and billions of fans. Having him gone all the time to tour. Being followed my photographers. Having people pry into every corner of your personal life…
It was a lot to handle. But I was in love with him. So, so in love. I never thought this strong of feelings actually excised until I met this crazy boy of mine.

We fought over the stupidest things, but I think that made me love him more. He challenged me in a way no one else had before and I loved that. He didn’t just let me get my way, and I didn’t let him get his.

We were so alike, yet so different at the same time, but it worked. We’ve only been together a year, but I felt like I’ve known him my whole life.

My mom didn’t get back until midnight. She walked through the door carrying two full bags.

“How was the chaos at the stores?” I asked when I came down to see if she needed help.

She sighed dramatically, “Insane. I don’t know why I thought it was a good idea to go shopping tonight!”

I laughed, “You shouldn’t have.”

“True, but there were a few more things I wanted to get you. And I also got some things for you to give to Harry for me too.”

“Aw, mom you didn’t have to do any of that. I don’t need gifts, I’m happy to just be here with you.”

She laughed, “As sweet as it is to hear you say that, I love spoiling you! Most of its stuff for your dorm anyways.”

I laughed, “Alright.”

“So how is Harry?”

I shrugged, “He’s good. I miss him like crazy.” I sighed, “I never thought I’d feel like this mom.”

She came over and hugged me, “Aw sweetie, its called love.”

She pulled me over and we sat at the kitchen table. “Yeah,” I sighed, “It’s amazing and scary all at the same time. Like, I’ve never through about the future and wanted to plan someone else in it.”

My mom smiled fondly at me, “You sound like me when I was dating your father.”

“So you don’t think I’m too young to feel this way?”

She scoffed, “Honey, you’re almost 19. Age has nothing to do with love. It happens when it happens, you can’t plan for it. Look at me and your father. I met him when I was 17, and as soon as I turned 18 we were married.”

My mom met my dad about 9 months before she turned 18. He was 19 at the time. And they fell in love fast. The day after her 18th birthday they eloped. Both their parents were angry, but after a year or so, the families realized that they were really in love.

Then 3 years into their marriage, I joined the party.

I had hear this story many times growing up. I used to always ask her about my father when I was little, after he passed. It made me feel closer to him. I loved hearing about her and my dad. She rarely talked about it because I know how sad it made her, so when she shared these little stories it warmed my heart.

“You’re right,” I said after a short pause. “It’s just that… thinking of the future with him is scary. More so because of his fame. I don’t know how it is here, but in London, I see myself on gossip columns all the time. All this because just of who I’m in love with.”

Mom reached across the table and stroked my hand affectionately, “Honey, I think that if this was really a big issue for you, you wouldn’t have been with Harry this long.”

I smiled softly. Sometimes I feel like my mom knows me better than I even know myself. “I guess you’re right.”

“I always am, sweetie.” She looked over her shoulder at the time then, “We should get some sleep. We have to get up kind of early to head over to your grandparents.”

She stood up and I followed after, “Alright. Thanks for the little heart to heart.”

She put her arm around me as we headed for the stairs, “I’m always here baby.”

*****

The next day was Christmas Eve. We spent the entire day with my grandparents, which was a lot of fun. I baked and cocked with my grandma, and talked to my grandpa about life in London and how university was going.

It really made me realize how much I missed my family.

I only talked to Harry once, which was kind of odd for us. Usually we had at least one phone conversation, but today we had one text. I figured he was busy with his family but I still wanted to hear more from him.

I did get a call from Gemma for a little bit, that was lovely.

Dinner with my mom and grandparents was amazing. I missed my grandma’s cooking so much. I think I ate a little too much though, I felt like a balloon after.

We spend the rest of the night opening a few presents. Mom and I were saving ours for tomorrow, but we opened the ones from the grandparents and watched them open the ones from us. This is why I loved Christmas, watching the people I love open the things I got them.

“I’m so tired… and full!” I said as we walked into the house later that night.

“Me too,” mom agreed. “I was thinking of watching a movie, than going to bed a bit earlier. I was thinking we could go to church in the morning.” Mom only ever went to church on Christmas and Easter.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at her, “I guess we can do that.”

We went and changed into our pj’s and got comfortable on mom’s bed and watched Love Actually, which was a Christmas tradition for us.

“It always bugged me that they tied up everyone’s story lines except Sarah and Karl, the hot office guy,” I said as the credits started to roll.

Mom pondered for a minute, “You know, I don’t think I ever noticed that they never told us how they turned out.”

“Really? It’s always bugged me. I was rooting for them!”

Mom laughed, “I like to think they ended up together in the end.”

“Me too,” I agreed. I got up and stretched, “I’m going to head to bed.” I leaned over and kissed her cheek, “Wake me up in the morning for church.”

“I will sweetie. Sweet dreams!” She called after me.

“You too!”

When I got comfortable in bed I called Harry, to see if maybe on the off chance he was awake still.
But sadly it went straight to voicemail.

I sighed and texted him.

To: Harry
I miss you :( where have you been all day? Merry Christmas! I love you!

*****

My mother was waking me up entirely too early the next morning. “Hayley! Get up!”

I felt like I had literally just put my head down on the pillow to sleep, “Noooo,” I moaned.

“Yes!” She insisted. “Get up, get in the shower. Now.

I just moaned in response.

“Get up and you can open a present before we leave!” She said throwing my blankets off me.

I sat up slowly, “I’m 18, that doesn’t work anymore.”

“You’re up aren’t you?” She laughed.

I rolled my eyes, “Unfortunately.”

“Get up. We can make the late morning mass. I’ll go out and get donuts or something.”

I stretched, “It’s Christmas, I doubt anything is open.”

She huffed, “Just get in the shower already! And dressed!”

“Fine!” I said as I practically pushed her out of my bedroom door.

I ventured over to my closet to find something to wear to church. I decided on a nice red blouse, and skinny black jeans. I left them on the bed and headed out to the bathroom to shower.

I took a scolding hot shower. It felt so relaxing after getting what felt like no sleep.

I jumped out, and blow dried my hair before going to my room to get dressed.

As I walked out of the bathroom I yelled out to my mother, “I should be ready in like 15 minutes!” I said a second for her reply, but when it didn’t come I just shrugged and continued to my room to get dressed.

I threw on my clothes then walked over to my vanity and threw my hair up into a ponytail. I had through about curling it when I was blow drying it, but I’m feeling extremely lazy even if it is Christmas.

I put on some light makeup; just foundation and chapstick instead of lipstick. Like I said, I was feeling lazy. I hope mom made coffee.

“Mom I’m ready!” I yelled out as I walked into the hallway. There was no response. I walked into her room, “Mom?” Nothing. “Helloooo?”

I sighed, “She must have been serious about that donut comment,” I said under my breath.

I rolled my eyes and headed down stairs, maybe she was down there. “Mom?” I shouted as I hit the last step.

“She went to find donuts,” A voice said from the living room. My heart accelerated about 100 times faster when I heard it. It couldn’t be.

I turned and ran into the living room, and there he was.

“Harry?” I said in disbelief. He was standing there in tight dark washed jeans and a sweater.

He smirked at me, “Who were you expecting?”

I didn’t respond. Instead I took off at him and threw myself into his arms. When my body hit him at full force, he let out a groan but wrapped his arms around me to hold me up. I wrapped my legs and arms around him rightly.

“Oh my god,” I said into his neck. I pulled back to look into his eyes, “Oh my god!” I shrieked before I crashed my lips to his.

We kissed feverishly before I broke from him suddenly, “What are you doing here?” I demanded.

He shrugged and kissed my lips briefly again, “About a week ago I missed you entirely too much not to come see you. So Louis convinced me to wait until Christmas, and your mom helped me organize it. She got up at 4am to pick me up from the airport.”

I was smiling so big my cheeks were starting to hurt, “I can’t believe you’re here!” I ran my fingers through his hair. When I did, his eyes shut and his breath hitched a little.

“I missed you so much,” he said softly, opening his eyes to hit me with a loving glance.

I pulled him back into a hug, letting my legs hit the floor again, and held him to me, “I missed you so much too.” I kissed his neck affectionately. I looked back up at him, “Is this why I didn’t hear from you much yesterday?”

He chuckled, “Yeah, I was flying and trying to avoid anyone seeing me so the surprise wouldn’t be blown.”

I giggled and brought my lips back to his, wanting to enjoy this moment. I missed his lips on me. Actually, I always did. We hadn’t been apart for very long, nothing like what we’ve had to go through while he was on tour. But it was Christmas, and it just felt wrong without him. I was so glad he was here.

“I have something for you,” he said against my lips, before he went back to kissing me passionately.
I hummed into his mouth, “What’s better than this?” I asked trying to catch my breath from our kiss.
He smiled at me, kissing my chastely before pulling out of my embrace to walk over to his duffle bag on the couch.

I watched him dig through it, “You didn’t have to get me anything. This is more than enough,” I insisted.

He turned back to me, holding his hands behind his back, “I’ve actually had this for about two months. I just wasn’t sure how or when to give it to you.”

“Oh?” I asked confused.

He cleared his throat nervously, “Yeah, so…” He broke off. He took a deep breath before he dropped down on one knee before me.

“Hazza!” I said in disbelief.

“Look, I know we’re young, and I know we’ve only been together a year. But I know this is it for me. I know you’re the one. I don’t care what the world may say, because let’s face it, they love commenting on our relationship,” he shot bitterly, “But I love you so much. And we don’t even have to get married anytime soon. We can wait. As long as you want. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and have babies with you, and watch our grandkids grow old and-“

I cut him off, “Harry, you’re rambling!” I laughed, “What are you asking me?”

Surprise flew across his featured, “Oh, right.” He then pulled out a little black velvet box from behind his back, “Hayley, will you be mine forever?” He asked as he opened the box, “Will you marry me?” Inside the box was a sapphire engagement ring, with two little diamonds on each side of it and a white gold band.

I could feel tears fill my eyes as I looked at the boy in front of me. I was also having trouble breathing. Was this real? I reached over and pinched the side of my right arm.

Harry looked confused, “What was that?”

“I… I was making sure I was awake,” I said in a whisper and I stared at the ring, then back to his face. I could see everything in his eyes. How much he loved me, how much I loved him. I could see our future in that moment. I could see houses, kids, all of it.

He pit his lip nervously, “Say something. Please.”

“Oh,” I said snapping out of my thoughts. “Yes!” I cried as a huge smile spread across my featured once again, “Yes I’ll marry you! I’ll have your babies. All of it. I want it. I want it all with you!”

He stood up and crashed his lips to mine, pulling me flush against him. “I love you!” He said once he pulled away. He went to wipe away the tears that were falling from my eyes.

I laughed through my happy tears, “I love you too!”

“Well are you going to put the ring on her, or what?” We both turned and saw my mother leaning in the entry way to the living room. She had a big smile on her face too.

“You knew?” I asked.

“I kind of asked her for your hand before I looked at rings,” Harry said.

“True gentleman, that he is,” My mom said.

Right then, Harry took my left hand and slipped the ring on my ring finger.

I looked down and admired the ring on my finger.

He kissed my cheek affectionately, “Forever,” he whispered into my ear.

I turned and smiled up at him, “Forever,” I confirmed.

My mom started clapping, “Best Christmas ever!” She declared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Christmas one shot!
i also have a zayn holiday one shot as well.
feel free to check that out or my Harry story and such.
enjoy!